🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A "Good Lawyer"

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Has it ever occurred to you that the "best" lawyers are the ones who are most successful at distorting reality- which is another way of saying, "lying"?

Criminal law (defense): The best defense lawyers are the ones who can take an obviously-guilty client and get him off. Exclude reliable evidence based on how it was obtained; impugn truthful witnesses by slandering them; create bizarre possibilities in the minds of an uneducated jury. It's all about lying and distorting the truth.

Tort law: Figure out a way to either make a lawsuit so painful to the defendant that he - or his insurance company - just pays up to stop the madness. Figure out a way to make an innocent or uninvolved company or institution seem "guilty" so that their insurance will have to pay out. Drunk, uninsured teenager runs into your client? Make Ford Motor Company pay because the car was defective; make the bar pay because the bartender should have shut off the drinker; make the kid's father pay, make anyone pay EXCEPT the kid who was actually at fault, because he didn't have any insurance. Lies and distortions.

Family law: Make the wife or husband out to be a scoundrel.

Contract law: make the owner or contractor responsible for things that were out of their control; create exorbitant levels of phony "damages" hoping to get 50 cents on the dollar.

It's all about lies. I saw it when I was in law school, and when I decided that I was not going to sell my soul to make more money I relegated myself to a modest income in rather dull jobs. But those who worked with me and even against me appreciated the fact that I wasn't a whore.

And I'm not even going to start on these lawyers who are political advocates. They are the worst. Or the ones who end up being judges and appeals court judges. A pox on many of their houses. You will know them when you read their decisions. 50 pages spent trying to make you think that black is white. Disgraceful nonsense. Look at these decisions coming out of Federal courts in California and the Ninth Circuit. Vomit on paper.

...and these types of lawyers are in a majority in Congress and the central government bureaucracy.

Is it any wonder the US has become an Oligarchy intent on empire.

Lawyers: Despised and hated....until someone needs one.

Trust me, I can't begin to count the late night phone calls to my husband from someone in trouble

Forum List

Back