A Jerry Maguire Dream Club

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This story is a dreamscape short-shot about a spooky circumstance involving the popular African-American professional baseball player Ken Griffey, Jr., and does it perhaps reflects new age concerns about the ethics of sports marketing in the age of consumerism (e.g., Air Jordan sneakers)? Is such a subject-area conversation over?

====

Ken Griffey, Jr. made a compact with the Devil en route to the complete rise of his social prestige as a highly-successful African-American professional baseball player for the Seattle Mariners. Griffey saw that his Fleer rookie card (which was the Griffey-face offering of Fleer at the time) was being challenged in markets by the Upper Deck Griffey rookie card, even though Griffey always personally endorsed the successes of the Fleer card! He asked the Devil to make his Fleer card very popular in the 'underworld of culture subconscious,' and the Devil did just that for him, making his Fleer card more of an 'alternative treasure.'

The deal allowed Griffey to travel to the beaches of Argentina and encounter a beautiful female blue-colored humanoid mermaid named Ariel. Ariel told Griffey in a whisper (after they consummated their love) that he was doomed, so Griffey asked the beautiful mermaid what he should do, and Ariel told him to donate money to eco-charities, and that's what Griffey did. Along the way, he fell in love with Ariel and the two decided to retire and sneak away together and retired in New Zealand, and they had two beautiful semi-human mermaid-sapien children (named Alastair and Awesha). Everything was perfect for Griffey, and he hoped he would never have to pay the Devil in any way.

====

Eight Men Out (Film)

doublet.jpg

I have no idea what you are talking about, but I did meet Griffey once, and in fact his whole family came into a Finishline I was managing at outside Cincinnati, and one of the kids working there accidentally got his daughter the wrong size shoes. They brought them back to exchange for the correct size and I had to do the return. I had to ask for her ID to put in the return into the system, and needlessly to say she really didn't want to do it. We also had UFC fighter Rich Franklin come in once after he got beat to hell by Anderson Silva.

Forum List

Back