A Journalistic Low Point

I guess you should have read his post before asking. Here is what he said: "Whoever wrote this piece of garbage should be prohibited from ever writing another syllable for publication."
So? Wouldn't that be free speech? Try answering, but not as a snowflake.

Last edited:
So? Wouldn't that be free speech. Try answering, but not as a snowflake.
Prohibiting from writing another syllable for publication is not a vote for free speech. What part of English, did you fail?

Any Trump haters want to actually admit their vote.........seems some are rather shy about it
Not a hater, but I certainly don't like him and I definitely voted for Biden and not sorry I did.
1642876338539.png

Outside of the first sentence that mentions Trump and his children attending Wharton..what else of this article is about Trump? He isn't mentioned beyond sentence #1. I guess the real question I have here is, What happened to the right wing in this country? When did all of you become whiny, mewling babies? :auiqs.jpg:

The article is simply highlighting that the privileged have a very different view of American reality.
To a large respect, the non-privileged have a very different view of American reality than do the privileged. I’d say that is pretty much the flip side of the above quoted and highlighted coin. It raises some interesting questions.

Is the American “reality” an actual thing? Or is it merely a theoretical construct which depends on one’s perspective? If that’s the case, then can it be validly called “reality” at all?

I’d say “no.” However, if we could manage to agree on one meaningful definition of “American reality,” what components would we agree on? Would they define the way things actually are or would they define the way we agree things ought to be?

I am guessing that one’s view of “American reality” is not about any “reality.” It is, instead, a misnomer. What is meant, I assume, is that a person’s PERSPECTIVE of what it means to live in our Republic is, in part (maybe in large part), determined by things we lump under the notion of “privilege.”

A corollary to all of that springs to mind: if your perspective is that America fails to deliver to everyone the benefits it promises to all, then what are those things? On a material level, are we seeking equal outcomes such that if “A” has a house with a pool, then everyone should also have a house with a pool? Or are we seeking equal opportunity to secure sufficient wealth so that we can buy a house with a pool?

It had nothing to do with Trump. It was rather an example of how low the media has sunk.

Even lower than Brandon.

Trump was used as an example. There likely couldn't be a better example found.

youre a dumbass......Joe aint done with ya yet .......
I will suffer through, coming out fine on the other side, just as I went in, due to stability and continued income without debt, knowing we got to preserve the constitution and our present form of government, per the US Constitution. That is what is important.

He can not do so. He was airing his opinion - free speech.
Fine. I do not favor people that advocate for the total removal of someone's free speech rights in all publications. You may like that sort of thing. Doubt it can be pulled off, but knock yourself out.

Forum List

Back