A little known "factoid" about the AHCA

I was going to point out the same thing. Your claim about the deduction is not supported in that link.

Republican health care plan has a big tax break for insurance execs ...

Here's the secret payoff to health insurance CEOs buried in the GOP ...

Although the AHCA does not benefit an individual CEO, the higher tax breaks to the HC corporation will result in increases in their compensation.

A CNN/Money
news report said that of the $73 million paid to the CEOs of the five major insurers in 2015, only $2.5 million was deductible under Obamacare tax laws, but more than $70 million of it would be deductible under the Republican legislation.

:cuckoo: Yeah, this OP really has lost it. He truly has drank the Democrat incitement Kool-Aid. He's probably about to post his 20th 'I really really hate that Donald Trump!' thread-starter today. Shouldn't there be some kind of rule limiting the same poster wingnuts from posting the same-themed thread-starters over & over again? I mean we get it already. This poster really really hates Donald Trump. How many thread-starters do we need to see on that?
Sounds like how my wife described sitting around with her friends watching someone named Samantha B. Whoever she is my said her entire schtik is repeating "Trump is a poopy head" over and over.

The complaints I'm hearing about the AHCA sound strangely familiar. I seem to remember people saying the ACA was written largely by the insurance companies and would benefit them more than the average person. I also remember many analysts pointing out that the true costs were backloaded and wouldn't be experienced for years. Groundhog day, different party?

The complaints I'm hearing about the AHCA sound strangely familiar. I seem to remember people saying the ACA was written largely by the insurance companies and would benefit them more than the average person. I also remember many analysts pointing out that the true costs were backloaded and wouldn't be experienced for years. Groundhog day, different party?

SINGLE PAYER is the answer......Health care should NOT be a profit-driven enterprise like manufacturing cars.....

SINGLE PAYER is the answer......Health care should NOT be a profit-driven enterprise like manufacturing cars.....
I could probably be talked into it except for one thing, the fed govts track record. I just envision a giant pile of money disappearing down a giant black hole. I once heard someone say that any time you hear govt projections on future costs of a program, you should figure on multiplying it by 3-7 times.

When I hear people speak of efficiencies to be gained I generally spit whatever I'm drinking all over myself. With the feds "govt efficiency" is an oxymoron.

I could probably be talked into it except for one thing, the fed govts track record. I just envision a giant pile of money disappearing down a giant black hole. I once heard someone say that any time you hear govt projections on future costs of a program, you should figure on multiplying it by 3-7 times.

When I hear people speak of efficiencies to be gained I generally spit whatever I'm drinking all over myself. With the feds "govt efficiency" is an oxymoron.

Then by all means REJECT signing up for Medicare and call ALL of the other industrialized countries that have cheaper HC deliveries a bunch of morons.......and YES, live a shorter life than those other countries' citizens while paying private HC insurance companies 5 times more, just for the "privilege" that we Americans are "exceptional"

Then by all means REJECT signing up for Medicare and call ALL of the other industrialized countries that have cheaper HC deliveries a bunch of morons.......and YES, live a shorter life than those other countries' citizens while paying private HC insurance companies 5 times more, just for the "privilege" that we Americans are "exceptional"
Those countries don't have the US fed govt. And besides you may want to do a little reading about all those wonderful healthcare systems. Many have major problems with wait times and quality. People always point to countries like Norway, all 5.5 million of them, with massive natural resources exports to pay for it all. What worries me are figures like the initial estimates of medicare, in the beginning they estimated that by 1990 it would cost 18b/yr. In 1990 it cost somewhere around 110b.

What worries me are figures like the initial estimates of medicare, in the beginning they estimated that by 1990 it would cost 18b/yr. In 1990 it cost somewhere around 110b.

Ask your republican friends WHY the big pharma have basically outlawed for Medicare to negotiate to lower bulk purchases of drugs...or repatraite US drugs that would cost much less.....

BRIBERY exists and is alive in the halls of congress.

Some right wingers on here have the stupidity to ask "how is the AHCA screwing us?" The AHCA fully BRIBES elected republicans and was probably partially written by the HC companies themselves....

Well, here's a little bit of data that should cheer their little hearts......

The AHCA offers a $50b handout to insurance companies- and on top of that, they get to completely deduct executive salaries that’re greater than $500k. What a deal! I'm glad we have a master negotiator for a President!....

Now, bear in mind what executive salaries are while millions of fellow-Americans will die for lack of coverage::

1. Michael F. Neidorff, Centene (St. Louis) — $21.97 million
2. Alex Gorsky, Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, N.J.) — $21.21 million
3. Pierre Nanterme, Accenture (Dublin, Ireland) — $18.5 million
4. Larry J. Merlo, CVS Health (Woonsocket, R.I.) — $18.36 million
5. Richard A. Gonzalez, AbbVie (North Chicago, Ill.) — $17.74 million
6. Ian C. Read, Pfizer (New York City) — $16.99 million
7. Giovanni Caforio, Bristol-Myers Squibb (New York City) — $16.93 million
8. Joseph R. Swedish, Anthem (Indianapolis) — $16.46 million
9. Miles D. White, Abbott Laboratories (Chicago) — $16.42 million
10. John C. Lechleiter, Eli Lilly (Indianapolis) — $15.22 million
11. David M. Cordani, Cigna (Bloomfield, Conn.) — $15.21 million
12. Timothy Wentworth, Express Scripts (St. Louis) — $14.52 million
13. John F. Milligan, Gilead Sciences (Foster City, Calif.) — $13.94 million
14. Thomas J. Falk, Kimberly-Clark (New York City) — $13.76 million
15. George S. Barrett, Cardinal Health (Dublin, Ohio) — $13.66 million
16. Bruce D. Broussard, Humana (Louisville, Ky.) — $12.21 million
17. R. Milton Johnson, HCA Holdings (Nashville, Tenn.) — $11.83 million
18. Trevor Fetter, Tenet Healthcare (Dallas) — $10.14 million
19. Stefano Pessina, Walgreens Boots Alliance (Deerfield, Ill.) — $10.14 million
20. J. Mario Molina, MD, Molina Healthcare (Long Beach, Calif.) — $9.88 million

Most ALL of those are not Insurance Execs. How do you not KNOW that? And furthermore -- salaries are and have ALWAYS been deductible. Has NOTHING to do with AHCA. Just more whining about exec compensation..

Some right wingers on here have the stupidity to ask "how is the AHCA screwing us?" The AHCA fully BRIBES elected republicans and was probably partially written by the HC companies themselves....

The AHCA offers a $50b handout to insurance companies- and on top of that, they get to completely deduct executive salaries that’re greater than $500k. What a deal! I'm glad we have a master negotiator for a President!....

Now, bear in mind what executive salaries are while millions of fellow-Americans will die for lack of coverage::

19. Stefano Pessina, Walgreens Boots Alliance (Deerfield, Ill.) — $10.14 million

These salaries exist now...under Obamacare.

Shove that little factoid.

In essence TrumpCare guts Medicaid leaving millions of low-income working Americans without access to affordable healthcare, giving that money to corporations and the wealthiest Americans.

Such is the reprehensible right.

No, that is Trumpcare you stupid dick.

You must have been dropped on your head when you were a baby...nobody is as naturally stupid as you.

The right have been decrying this bullshit for decades.

It is the government that props up these bastards and allows them to make so much money.

The Senate and House bills repeal a lot of taxes which were created by ObamaCare.

My guess is that the OP is referring to one of those tax repeals.

Somebody has been drinking Daily Kos' piss.

The OP swims in it.

In essence TrumpCare guts Medicaid leaving millions of low-income working Americans without access to affordable healthcare, giving that money to corporations and the wealthiest Americans.

Such is the reprehensible right.

You're a liar, medicade is not gutted, it will actually be increased.

Well, you're "correct" you dumb fuck...

That's not difficult we're you're concerned, it brings out the worst in you...

Actors often make decision whether to die in an emergency room or get better health care....

Never said they do, the relevance of the HC Executives salary has nothing to do with those decisions either. That you would believe for a moment that the "actors" merit those types of salary's, you justify just about everyone else who garners multi millions a year in earnings. The sad truth is you cannot understand that our government has thoroughly screwed it up already and the deeper they get involved, the less effective it becomes. Employers pay the largest percentage of HC cost as it is, my current plan with BCBS PPO, my employer pays 3 times what I pay per year...

Besides, moron, you must be correct since you BOLDED and made your fonts so much bigger....

I know you're abilities are diminished and I wanted to make sure you could read it, I was just looking out for you...

Forum List

Back