A Question for Republicans.

cutter

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2010
All the reports I see say most Republican hate Donald Trump. If that's the case why is he getting so many more votes than anyone else? Are we being misled by the media?

1) more republican ballots have been cast for candidates other than trump
2) trump has benefited by the unusually split field, making him appear more dominant than he is
3) independents often vote in primaries as spoilers, propping up the candidate perceived as most beatable
4) dumb people think if 'the establishment' doesn't want him he must be good for America

ps no one has received more votes in the primaries than hillary clinton :thup:

2) trump has benefited by the unusually split field, making him appear more dominant than he is
3) independents often vote in primaries as spoilers, propping up the candidate perceived as most beatable
4) dumb people think if 'the establishment' doesn't want him he must be good for America

You do realize Hillary isn't a Republican don't you.

It's amazing that fifty years of liberal left wing mainstream media propaganda can convince people that black is white and up is down. Reasonable people who should trust their senses are taught that they are are victims of global warming when it's 20 below zero outside. Likewise in the political arena when hard evidence indicates that most republicans support Trump but the mainstream media insists that it's just the opposite. The media sources should be laughed out of town but propaganda is effective on dumbed down low information victims of the federal education system.

Neither Republicans nor Democrats want to address the decline of our country and loss of personal freedom. Trump does.

All the reports I see say most Republican hate Donald Trump. If that's the case why is he getting so many more votes than anyone else? Are we being misled by the media?

Because:

1. He is charismatic and ran a successful reality TV show
2. He is NOT a politician. (people are sick of them)
3. He is NOT politically correct.(people are fed up with it)
4. He is a successful businessman and people want him to run the country the same way.
5. He stirs the pot and is an attack dog, people are angry and don't understand why those running for office are not as angry.
6. He inspires hope for future prosperity. People are without jobs, paying more for everything, especially Obamacare, and they see the foreign policy of the US in complete shambles.

It's really not that hard to figure out.

It is number three for me that is why Trump is winning in the GOP race and I believe will lose in the General Election.

I also enjoyed your number four answer...

the National Review is hardly liberal media out to deceive Republicans

Conservatives against Trump
The National Review thinks Republicans are unable to think for themselves and gets mad if we don't do as we're told. Maybe they are right about some Republicans but a lot of us can, and we're tired of being told one thing to get our vote then disappointed by those we elected. Remember the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. Makes Trump supporters the ONLY sane voters in either party.

You do realize Hillary isn't a Republican don't you.

Actually Hillary is more Conservative than Trump will ever be...

You have had a large primary field which split the vote a lot Trumps numbers in the early votes were in the mid to high 20s I believe he has reached the low 40s a time or two for the most part he has been in the mid 30s so over half the voting Republicans aren't behind Trump. If this had been a field of about six to eight candidates from the start I don't think Trump would be in the position he is today.

why do you think?....its called being a party person....they will vote for anyone who represents their little party no matter what,even if they dont like the guy....its one of the biggest problems this country has...people are afraid to cut the cord to that party.....

Sure he does!!! His rhetoric is just that and lies.
As he refuses to recognize workers right to try and organize.
"
Several workers from Trump International Hotel Las Vegas gathered outside the Trump Tower in Manhattan Thursday to protest the company's refusal to recognize their union and sit down at the bargaining table. Since they and hundreds of co-workers voted to join local affiliates of the Unite-Here labor union last December, they say management has resorted to unnecessary stalling tactics. All the workers want, they say, is to start negotiating a contract."

“Mr. Donald Trump is running for president and he’s saying he wants to make America great,” said Maria Jaramillo, a 36-year-old housekeeper with seven years' experience at the hotel. “He can start with the employees at Trump in Las Vegas. Make that change and give us the contract.”
http://www.ibtimes.com/trump-hotel-...t-formed-union-make-america-great-negotiating."
Trump The Hypocrite: Investing Overseas Fine For Him
Trump The Hypocrite: Investing Overseas Fine For Him

"Donald Trump’s appeal is said to be his straight talk. But when it comes to international trade, he sounds like a hypocrite, the classic “Do what I say, not what I do” politician.

While bashing companies for investing in foreign countries, Donald Trump’s own company has shown no inclination to invest and build only in America. In fact, a significant percentage of his company’s hotels and major real estate properties are located abroad.

“Mr. Trump is either inexcusably hypocritical or inexcusably ignorant of economics,” according to Donald J. Boudreaux, a professor of economics at George Mason University. “There is zero economic difference between, say, a U.S. car company’s investments abroad in factories and Mr. Trump’s own investments abroad in hotels: both are meant to improve the bottom line of companies headquartered in the U.S. by taking advantage of profitable economic opportunities outside of the U.S.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/26/u...-foreign-work-force-for-his-florida-club.html
Donald J. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla., describes itself as “one of the most highly regarded private clubs in the world,” and it is not just the very-well-to-do who want to get in.

From Our Advertisers
Since 2010, nearly 300 United States residents have applied or been referred for jobs as waiters, waitresses, cooks and housekeepers there. But according to federal records, only 17 have been hired.

In all but a handful of cases, Mar-a-Lago sought to fill the jobs with hundreds of foreign guest workers from Romania and other countries.

In his quest for the Republican presidential nomination, Mr. Trump has stoked his crowds by promising to bring back jobs that have been snatched by illegal immigrants or outsourced by corporations, and voters worried about immigration have been his strongest backers."
"the donald" is a habitual liar.

Neither Republicans nor Democrats want to address the decline of our country and loss of personal freedom. Trump does.

You have had a large primary field which split the vote a lot Trumps numbers in the early votes were in the mid to high 20s I believe he has reached the low 40s a time or two for the most part he has been in the mid 30s so over half the voting Republicans aren't behind Trump. If this had been a field of about six to eight candidates from the start I don't think Trump would be in the position he is today.
That's called spin. The guy that's winning is cut actually losing because all the losers are actually winning. If the field had been smaller Trump would already have the delegates needed to be unbeatable. IF kasich were out,Trump would have won Ohio.

he's a terrible leader appealing to base fear and loathing as opposed to "the better angels of our nature".

an old Dickens quote used by Abraham Lincoln in the civil war era ^

"he's just telling it like it is" and "he's just saying what most of us are thinking" could have also been said about lynching blackie or keeping him from being served at the public diner, etc...leaders should be guided by principles, not consensus.

And if you don't believe Trump cares about freedom, he will waterboard the shit out of you and kill your family.

I will cast my vote for Trump because he is passionate about this country and pulling her out of the toxic mire the last several administrations have bogged her down in for personal gain. His pockets are full, and will continue to be filled outside of the political realm. We have elected and re-elected professional politicians, and we continue to make that same mistake expecting a different outcome. Politicians in DC are scared witless of Trump, because they fear his cutting off their access to what amounts to a cash cow for them and them alone.

That's called spin. The guy that's winning is cut actually losing because all the losers are actually winning. If the field had been smaller Trump would already have the delegates needed to be unbeatable. IF kasich were out,Trump would have won Ohio.

It's always about spin. Trump is simply good at it.

Forum List

Back