A “race” question

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Red State! Amen.
Is the concept of “race” even real?

Can it be considered a part of science? If so, does it pass the tests of what science demands (things like falsifiability)?

I think some of this may depend on distinguishing between “science” and “pseudo:science.”

Personally, although we can make-out some aspects of what we call “race,” (things like melanin and skin tone variations), I don’t believe such observations mean very much. I think “race” is probably just a “pseudo-science.”

Can it be considered a part of science? If so, does it pass the tests of what science demands (things like falsifiability)?

I think some of this may depend on distinguishing between “science” and “pseudo:science.”

Personally, although we can make-out some aspects of what we call “race,” (things like melanin and skin tone variations), I don’t believe such observations mean very much. I think “race” is probably just a “pseudo-science.”
Race as a concept. Race is a human construct, so there is no debate over whether race "is even real." It is real. It exists.

I'd like to know who you believe insists race passes some tests you've listed. You've made a claim by introducing something as a question. If you can't name who -- then you've just made something up. But Maybe you're a creative artiste building strawmen?

Race does not really exist in science. But race as pseudo-science? Nope: "a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method." There exists no racial gen or for that matter there exists no gay gene. There does exist some pseudo-science surrounding the '"born gay" issue, but not the race issue.

You are wrong in your stated belief.

Race is a system of classification which we use from galaxies to microbes and is indeed part-and-parcel of science.

Not sure what you're asking.

Yes, Harris is black. And yes, you hate her because she is.

Anything else?
I didn’t mention Harris at all. You’re a moron.

I am utterly indifferent to her race and I don’t hate her. I do believe she is utterly unqualified to be President. I see you aren’t capable of discussing the actual topic.

If you had been, it might have dawned on you that if “race” is largely a bullshit concept as I suspect it is, it follows that worrying about the “race” of a candidate is also bullshit.

Does “race” even pass a “sniff” test as “science?”

The Human Race is the only race.

I wouldn't jump the gun here. Liability might be attempting to introduce an intellectual (or is it pseudo-intellectual) point here. Let's see him respond.
The dainty can’t even help being a troll on this topic. His obsession is endless.

In any event, the topic I brought up is clear enough in post #1.

Candycorn was just being an asshole, as always.

Race as a concept. Race is a human construct, so there is no debate over whether race "is even real." It is real. It exists.

I'd like to know who you believe insists race passes some tests you've listed. You've made a claim by introducing something as a question. If you can't name who -- then you've just made something up. But Maybe you're a creative artiste building strawmen?

Race does not really exist in science. But race as pseudo-science? Nope: "a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method." There exists no racial gen or for that matter there exists no gay gene. There does exist some pseudo-science surrounding the '"born gay" issue, but not the race issue.

You are wrong in your stated belief.
I like the fact that you managed to post on topic.

However, let’s not conflate the issue of a “gay gene” (which so far has gone unidentified by actual science) with “race.”

This piece is informative. I have not read the book, though. Just the article/

That is a very stupid post. We use galaxies to classify galaxies just as we use race to classify races.
lol. You’re into tautologies without understanding a fucking word you write.

We place labels on different types of galaxies (like a “spiral galaxy”) often based merely on appearance.

Folks who believe that “race” is a meaningful “scientific” label for “classifying” humans ignore the scientific method in doing so. They have assumed their conclusion. Some people have darker skin than other people, therefore “race.” How is that not just plain silly?

Here is another interesting piece addressing the topic:

It is worth a read.

The dainty can’t even help being a troll on this topic. His obsession is endless.

In any event, the topic I brought up is clear enough in post #1.

Candycorn was just being an asshole, as always.

candycorn posted:
"Not sure what you're asking. Yes, Harris is black. And yes, you hate her because she is. Anything else?"
To your obvious attack on the racial issue regarding Harris (MAGA has gone all out racist).

hiker guy troll here.jpg

In his own thread.

The topic?

I like the fact that you managed to post on topic.

However, let’s not conflate the issue of a “gay gene” (which so far has gone unidentified by actual science) with “race.”

This piece is informative. I have not read the book, though. Just the article/

The issues were not conflated. Analogies escape bs artists. Thank you for repeating my position on the science in a way that appears you're introducing something.

lol. You’re into tautologies without understanding a fucking word you write.

We place labels on different types of galaxies (like a “spiral galaxy”) often based merely on appearance.

Folks who believe that “race” is a meaningful “scientific” label for “classifying” humans ignore the scientific method in doing so. They have assumed their conclusion. Some people have darker skin than other people, therefore “race.” How is that not just plain silly?

Here is another interesting piece addressing the topic:

It is worth a read.
Of course classification is based on appearance as well as other factors. Do you understand the word "tautology", or did you just throw it out there thinking it would make you look intelligent?

Are you a complete idiot or just playing the part of one?

candycorn posted:
"Not sure what you're asking. Yes, Harris is black. And yes, you hate her because she is. Anything else?"
To your obvious attack on the racial issue regarding Harris (MAGA has gone all out racist).

View attachment 989319
In his own thread.

The topic?
The dainty never stops trolling.

The topic is in the OP.

The issues were not conflated. Analogies escape bs artists. Thank you for repeating my position on the science in a way that appears you're introducing something.
Your typical vainglorious narcissistic claim is without any merit.

I’m glad I assisted you to start thinking clearly. You should embrace it and don’t more often.

But you remain off topic troll boi.

As I suggested earlier, “race” is not a truly scientific concept.

Forum List

Back