a story about being stalked...and needing a gun...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I found,this at John Lott's new research group website...

Dear Dartmouth, I am one of your students, I am being stalked, please let me carry a gun to protect myself | Fox News
Today, Richard Bennett is facing trial for yet another restraining order violation. In June of this year, I returned home to San Diego from Dartmouth College and early the very next morning, Bennett was at my door, wanting to talk.

He was arrested and police searched his car. They discovered what police call a “rape kit,” including rope tied as slip noose, a knife, gloves, and other items. When police got the warrant, they found my pictures all over Bennett’s house as well as illegally obtained guns.

Gun control groups push expanded background checks for gun purchases as the solution for stalkers, but Bennett was already a convicted felon. He was banned from getting guns. California already has the background checks that President Obama is pushing, but he was still able to get guns illegally. In addition, Bennett is much larger and stronger than I am and I felt in danger even without him having a gun.

If schools and society can’t guarantee my safety and the safety of victims like me, it’s time we have the chance to defend ourselves so we can stop living in fear.

Last edited:
Saw this on Facebook. She needs to keep a pistol in her purse and stop whining. Screw the law.
Criminals do it all the time.

Yeah,,she should carry a pistol, as well as a knife, but she shouldn't have to make a choice between carrying a gun to protect herself and getting convicted for anything from a class A misdemeanor to a felony for doing it...it is a Right, and the University should be,required to respect that Right...

Forum List

Back