Zone1 Abortion is a bellwether issue

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Abortion is a bellwether issue. If you don't "get" why abortion is wrong, I can't explain it to you. If you understand it's wrong, none of the standard "pro-choice" arguments will persuade you.

I believe a similar division existed in the time of legalized slavery. The country was divided into who understood it was wrong, and people who didn't.

In every age, there are those who have compassion for their fellow human beings, and those who don't.

Democrats state they are the compassionate ones. They point at their positions on race, immigration, capital punishment, gun control, government programs, taxation, as proof they are compassionate.

But Democrats' support for legal abortion is a hole in their "compassion" big enough to drive an 18-wheeler truck through. They support a woman's option to take the life of her unborn child. If you don't "get" why that's wrong, I can't explain it to you.

Slavery wasn't left to a vote of the citizens. The South rebelled, Abraham Lincoln declared slavery ended with the Emancipation Proclamation. The Constitution was amended to make sure it never became legal again in any state.

Euthanasia, physician-assisted suicide, mercy killing, and abortion all have in common that they are practices that seem utilitarian, but endanger all of us by eroding respect for the sanctity of human life.

Abortion is a bellwether issue. If you don't "get" why abortion is wrong, I can't explain it to you. If you understand it's wrong, none of the standard "pro-choice" arguments will persuade you.

I believe a similar division existed in the time of legalized slavery. The country was divided into who understood it was wrong, and people who didn't.

In every age, there are those who have compassion for their fellow human beings, and those who don't.

Democrats state they are the compassionate ones. They point at their positions on race, immigration, capital punishment, gun control, government programs, taxation, as proof they are compassionate.

But Democrats' support for legal abortion is a hole in their "compassion" big enough to drive an 18-wheeler truck through. They support a woman's option to take the life of her unborn child. If you don't "get" why that's wrong, I can't explain it to you.

Bub...I want everyone one of those little dem commie babies aborted! They should be paying dems to abort and pay them to abort themselves as well.

abortion fujb.jpg

Republicans are in for such a shock this November

1 in 8 Voters Say Abortion Is Most Important to Their Vote: They Lean Democratic, Support Biden, and Want Abortion to Be Legal​

Most of the Public Opposes a 16-Week Ban on Abortion, Though Most Republicans Favor It; Majorities Across Party Lines Support Abortion for Pregnancy-Related Emergencies​

Mar 07, 2024

This is not about being pro life. If so called "pro life" people were in favor of life they would be in favor of socialized medicine. Socialized medicine would reduce the number of women and girls who die in child birth. It would reduce infant mortality.

Anti abortion people want sexually active unmarried girls and women to be punished with unwanted pregnancies.

I can see value in this attitude. My sympathies are with a virgin who wants it to be easy to say "No" to her boy friend and keep him. She wants to hear him say, "Marry me." She does not want him to say "Don't worry, Honey. I will pay for an abortion."

But let's be honest on what this issue is about. Every teenage girl, and every woman who has an abortion is pregnant with a child she does not want to raise. In many cases she is not in a position to raise the child. I do not see a lot of married couples lining up to adopt these children, especially since they are unlikely to have high IQ's. Many, perhaps most, are genetically destined to be failures, welfare recipients, and criminals.

Anyone who raises a child whose biological father does not want to support the child perpetuates the loss in the paternal instinct in men.

Finally, how can anything as plentiful as human life have any intrinsic value in it? There are too many people on this planet all ready. Too many are the wrong kind of people.

So called "pro life" people who are opposed to socialized medicine and unwilling to adopt the illegitimate child of an unmarried welfare mother and an unemployable criminal are being hypocritical.

I would not adopt such a child, but I am morally consistent. I am in favor of free abortion on demand. A single free abortion can save a small fortune in welfare expense, criminal justice expense, crime, and trying to educate those too stupid to learn. Abortion clinics are crime stoppers.

I am neither pro life, nor am i pro choice. I am pro death. I am also enthusiastic about capital punishment.

It's an emotional issue.

We could say the same about killing animals. Either you know it's wrong, or you don't.

You'll say it's different. Is it?

Forum List

Back