ACA Lowers Premium Costs Too Much For Subsidies To Be Needed!

so,.....lets see;

Top US hospital laying off staff due to Obamacare

The Cleveland Clinic, which is ranked among the top four U.S. hospitals, is making layoffs and cutting its budget more than $100 million as a direct result of the Affordable Care Act, the Daily Caller has learned.

“The cuts for 2014, about half of those are related to the Affordable Care Act…We anticipate a reduction in workforce,” Cleveland Clinic executive director of communications Eileen Sheil said in an interview with TheDC.

snip-

“The $330 million cut is not all layoffs,” Sheil said, noting that the Clinic is also cutting operating-room expenses and paying less to vendors.

“We’re taking money out of vendors, renegotiating contracts, looking at where we can reduce duplications, improve supply chain efficiencies…how we can scale back and use less. How we can take costs out of our operating rooms,” Sheil said.

“We were able to take 23 percent out of common operations procedure by doing things more efficiently,” Shiel said.

Read more: Top US hospital laying off staff due to Obamacare | The Daily Caller

anyone whos been in private industry and has knowledge of how PO's, purchasing and all that goes, knows what this means;

“We’re taking money out of vendors, renegotiating contracts, looking at where we can reduce duplications, improve supply chain efficiencies…how we can scale back and use less.

Read your own article dickweed.

No subsidy for a 165/month plan.

When before he could have had a plan for half that cost.

How is that lowering premiums.

Also, the article all but call Sebelius a liar.

And I haven't seen my 2,500 decrease yet. When's that happen.

ObamaCare Will Raise Average Insurance Claims By 32% For Individual Coverage The Next Four Years - Forbes

We just had open enrollment at work in October for 2014 insurance.
And like always, my medical insurance increased yet again.

Now, I'm not saying that Obamacare caused that increase, because it also increased every year before the ACA passed, but I certainly didn't see the decrease that he claimed would happen.
President Obama has proven himself to be a liar.

Last edited:
Listening, I have trouble with some of the stats, but substandard plans are not good for any American.

substandard as in a single 55 year old man having to have maternity coverage:eusa_eh:

Well, from Jakey's POV, everyone must need substance abuse and mental health services.

Tobacco use isn't substance abuse like say alcohol or drugs or other addictive products, it's a reason to charge more to a minority of the population.

ours increased 11.9%....over the last 5 years it has averaged 2.3 if I recall correctly, or 2.8..anyway....:doubt:

substandard as in a single 55 year old man having to have maternity coverage:eusa_eh:

Well, from Jakey's POV, everyone must need substance abuse and mental health services.

Tobacco use isn't substance abuse like say alcohol or drugs or other addictive products, it's a reason to charge more to a minority of the population.

SRSLY? Tobacco is incredibly addictive.

Hello from pinch us Blue, if you are in a Red State! In some exchanges, the premiums are so low that people cannot qualify for the ACA subsidy! The ACA Exchanges have worked a lot better than was estimated! End of GOP cost-cutting alternatives, options.

CNN: No Obamacare subsidy for some low-income Americans - CNN.com

Now we have sit around and and wait for the Arabs to raise the oil prices, to get a decent COLA raise, from Social Security! Times Was, that doctors were the answer--to more problems than anyone really ever knew much about. The insurance plans had something to blame that no one would(?)!

Liberals did this! Cost-cutting has actually happened, and mostly it is all their fault!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Maybe Tribal Option, even better plan: At locations offering different kind of lucky numbers, combination(?)!)

Arabs don't raise oil prices. Commodities traders do.

Forum List

Back