ACLU calls illegal aliens "aspiring citizens"

Did you read the article? Or just the title?

This license is to DACA recipients. As much as you might disagree with the program, that doesn't change the legal status granted through it.

Besides, even if this were for any illegal who wanted one, why would you be ok with risking the life of a human being? Being illegal doesn't mean their life is worth less than yours or mine.

So why is no other country as lenient with illegal aliens as we are?

I'm for immigration reform, and I'm not a fan of the DACA program as it stands right now. There are some people who feel just because something is written in the constitution, its set in stone and too sacred to change. IMO, getting rid of birthright citizenship is a great 1st step to helping our immigration issue.

i agree.... you must be a citizen to have a child born be a citizen.

anchor babies should be deported at the moment of birth along with its mother.

I can understand the concern, I'd think having it in bright pink like that is a little much. Why not include it as a code on the license? That way it's easy for law enforcement to read but less noticeable for your average Walmart checkout.

Why should they even be allowed to have a license? They are not citizens. If they don't like a bright pink letter... they can go home.

Because they have temporary legal status and are entitled to a license.

I can understand the concern, I'd think having it in bright pink like that is a little much. Why not include it as a code on the license? That way it's easy for law enforcement to read but less noticeable for your average Walmart checkout.

Why should they even be allowed to have a license? They are not citizens. If they don't like a bright pink letter... they can go home.

And in my opinion, they should have neither.

And your opinion of the law, doesn't change the law.

Not until enough of us are sick of them breaking the law and then befitting from breaking the law that is.... Hopefully one day it will.

So.... as i said before, if they don't like their nice pink mark.. they are welcome to go home.

Not until enough of us are sick of them breaking the law and then befitting from breaking the law that is.... Hopefully one day it will.

So.... as i said before, if they don't like their nice pink mark.. they are welcome to go home.

Ok, we get it. You don't like DACA applicants. That has nothing to do with whether or not a bright pink logo on their license is appropriate, or if it endangers them.

Ok, we get it. You don't like DACA applicants. That has nothing to do with whether or not a bright pink logo on their license is appropriate, or if it endangers them.

in my opinion... it does not endanger them on bit and yes it is very appropriate.

Where does it say anyone is "entitled" to a license??

Driving a car on the public roads is a privledge, not a right. No one, including an Illegal is "entitled" to a driver's license.

You didn't answer my question, if the license looks like all the others, what will stop them from buying guns or voting?

You didn't answer my question, if the license looks like all the others, what will stop them from buying guns or voting?
I never suggested the license look like "all others". As to stoping them from buying a gun, a background check and permit application will show their ineligible, as will the ID. As to voting, the registration process will show they aren't eligible.

What law is that, could you provide a link that allows the government to magically give legal status to illegals that are already here?

Sadly this wasn't "The Government". That would mean that the House and Senate had a say in it.

Obama did this all on his own. Even after he had said a year earlier that he didn't have the Constitutional authority to do so.

I have an idea. When the illegals come in to get their special licenses, an ICE agent is there with a pair of handcuffs to send them on their way back to whatever third world pisshole they came from?

Oh wait...enforcing the law is racist. My bad!

Forum List

Back