Activist Judge Tells Iraq Veteran "Your Time In Iraq Makes You A Threat To Society"

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
And then he sentenced him for 10 years. Why? Because when a man pulled a knife on him saying he was going to kill him, the veteran suffering from PTSD pulled out his concealed gun and forced him to the ground taking away the knife and then beat the tar out of him. For that he was charged with attempted murder for defending himself and other civilians from a knife wielding man. He now sits in prison but listen to his story in the video what he had to say. It's very moving.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6AYmzunPlQ]Your time in Iraq makes you a threat to society: Andrew Chambers at TEDxMarionCorrectionalSalon 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The vet attacked the victim. The victim did not threaten the vet, who was abusing him.

The activist vet violated all of his moral and ethical duties as a soldier: for shame.

Good for the judge.

R. C., that is why you are going to remain in the pen for a long time.

And then he sentenced him for 10 years. Why? Because when a man pulled a knife on him saying he was going to kill him, the veteran suffering from PTSD pulled out his concealed gun and forced him to the ground taking away the knife and then beat the tar out of him. For that he was charged with attempted murder for defending himself and other civilians from a knife wielding man. He now sits in prison but listen to his story in the video what he had to say. It's very moving.

Your time in Iraq makes you a threat to society: Andrew Chambers at TEDxMarionCorrectionalSalon 2013 - YouTube

He did not have to beat the man after being disarmed.

he should have just killed the attacker, not beat him up - that was a mistake.

then it would have been just a self-defense case.

The vet attacked the victim. The victim did not threaten the vet, who was abusing him.

The activist vet violated all of his moral and ethical duties as a soldier: for shame.

Good for the judge.
"Activist vet"? Sounds more like an activist JUDGE to me. And the charge of attempted murder is out of line. If he had wanted to kill the jerk he would have shot him. One thing is certain, the "victim", as you call him, will think twice about pulling a knife the next time.

Good for the judge.

:cuckoo:

you are even more vile idiot than it seems first

Good for the judge.
"Activist vet"? Sounds more like an activist JUDGE to me. And the charge of attempted murder is out of line. If he had wanted to kill the jerk he would have shot him. One thing is certain, the "victim", as you call him, will think twice about pulling a knife the next time.

no, one thing to be certain - if you pull the gun for self defense as this was - don't take the knife and beat the perp - just shoot him.

Good for the judge.

no, one thing to be certain - if you pull the gun for self defense as this was - don't take the knife and beat the perp - just shoot him.
True, that's what he gets for showing mercy. I wonder if the perp appreciates still being alive?

To liberals there should be no right to self defense at all. Like it is in England. Self defense is a violent act.

Two college students were suspended merely for driving an intruder out of their home. That's the liberal trend.

Good for the judge.
The heart of the story is the guy went for help at the VA
for his suffering from PTSD and he was basically turned away. The Judge should have commuted the sentence and got him some help instead of sticking him in the pen with true criminals. Don't you agree?

True, that's what he gets for showing mercy. I wonder if the perp appreciates still being alive?

I am surprised the vet did not know this. If one has been attentive enough to follow the news and discussions about guns for the last 2 years - one would already know that.

Plus that is one of the major and first enhanced points anybody learns while applying for the concealed carry permit.
Don't EVER use your gun as a threat - if you are pulling it out - USE it - this is a macabre lesson, from a practical standpoint, but that is the result of the judicial maiming of the common sense.

To liberals there should be no right to self defense at all. Like it is in England. Self defense is a violent act.

Two college students were suspended merely for driving an intruder out of their home. That's the liberal trend.
That position changes when THEY are the one being threatened. I'm reminded of the incident with Carl Rowan, the liberal gun control activist and journalist who shot a teenager with an unregistered gun who was in his swimming pool.

By Plugging a Teenage Intruder, Columnist Carl Rowan May Have Shot Himself in the Foot : People.com

Good for the judge.
The heart of the story is the guy went for help at the VA
for his suffering from PTSD and he was basically turned away. The Judge should have commuted the sentence and got him some help instead of sticking him in the pen with true criminals. Don't you agree?

Agree, and the "attempted murder" charge don't seem right. If he attempted to murder the guy, the guy would be dead.

What ever happened to in the heat of passion? In other words I don't blame the victim for beating the crap out of a man who threatened him with a knife. He is really lucky that is all he did. Hell most of the liberals are more then supportive of Obama dropping a predator missile on supposed enemies but beat the crap out of a felon and you get 10 years, something is very wrong, very wrong.

The sentence is grossly unfair, but I'm not surprised. Our justice system in this county is one giant shit heap. There is no justice anymore.

The judge's statement was out of line. Not only did he just give the vet grounds for appeal, but he also gave him grounds for a lawsuit based on discrimination.

Your time in Iraq makes you a threat to society: Andrew Chambers at TEDxMarionCorrectionalSalon 2013 - YouTube

I would hope and expect an appeal is well under way.

Forum List

Back