Activist Judge Tells Iraq Veteran "Your Time In Iraq Makes You A Threat To Society"

The vet attacked the victim. The victim did not threaten the vet, who was abusing him.

The activist vet violated all of his moral and ethical duties as a soldier: for shame.

Good for the judge.
"Activist vet"? Sounds more like an activist JUDGE to me. And the charge of attempted murder is out of line. If he had wanted to kill the jerk he would have shot him. One thing is certain, the "victim", as you call him, will think twice about pulling a knife the next time.

stand your ground defense

the vet was out of line

The vet attacked the victim. The victim did not threaten the vet, who was abusing him.

The activist vet violated all of his moral and ethical duties as a soldier: for shame.

Good for the judge.
"Activist vet"? Sounds more like an activist JUDGE to me. And the charge of attempted murder is out of line. If he had wanted to kill the jerk he would have shot him. One thing is certain, the "victim", as you call him, will think twice about pulling a knife the next time.

no, one thing to be certain - if you pull the gun for self defense as this was - don't take the knife and beat the perp - just shoot him.

then it would be murder

no, one thing to be certain - if you pull the gun for self defense as this was - don't take the knife and beat the perp - just shoot him.
True, that's what he gets for showing mercy. I wonder if the perp appreciates still being alive?

the perp was convicted

Good for the judge.
The heart of the story is the guy went for help at the VA
for his suffering from PTSD and he was basically turned away. The Judge should have commuted the sentence and got him some help instead of sticking him in the pen with true criminals. Don't you agree?

I agree in principle, but the Judge did not do that.

Why?

Good for the judge.

:cuckoo:

you are even more vile idiot than it seems first

Doesn't Jake the Fake sound just like a mainstream Republican? :doubt:

I believe in personal accountability. The perp was punished for his crime.

And then he sentenced him for 10 years. Why? Because when a man pulled a knife on him saying he was going to kill him, the veteran suffering from PTSD pulled out his concealed gun and forced him to the ground taking away the knife and then beat the tar out of him. For that he was charged with attempted murder for defending himself and other civilians from a knife wielding man. He now sits in prison but listen to his story in the video what he had to say. It's very moving.

Your time in Iraq makes you a threat to society: Andrew Chambers at TEDxMarionCorrectionalSalon 2013 - YouTube

Guess what, Sparky, you don't get to beat the Tar out of people you've already disarmed and taken to the ground.

That's the law.

/end thread.

To liberals there should be no right to self defense at all. Like it is in England. Self defense is a violent act.

Two college students were suspended merely for driving an intruder out of their home. That's the liberal trend.
That position changes when THEY are the one being threatened. I'm reminded of the incident with Carl Rowan, the liberal gun control activist and journalist who shot a teenager with an unregistered gun who was in his swimming pool.

By Plugging a Teenage Intruder, Columnist Carl Rowan May Have Shot Himself in the Foot : People.com

Couldn't he have put something in the pool to really hurt? Battery acid or something like that. Where were the kid's clothes? Bet they were by the side of the pool. Take the clothes, then scare them off. Make them go home naked.

Forum List

Back