Advisory Board: Ohio judges cannot refuse to marry gay people

Actually its just score one for degenerates destroying what marriage is and a loss for normalcy and traditional family.

Recent threads here have mentioned a judge who asked an advisory board for advice on whether he could refuse to marry gay couples, because he objects to this. Well here's the board's decision: You can't refuse.
The judge has said that he would abide by the board's advice.
Score this one for liberals. Conservatives lose.
Heh.
The Toledo judge that refused to marry a gay couple?
A black liberal democrat. He cited his personal and religious convictions.
:lol:

Recent threads here have mentioned a judge who asked an advisory board for advice on whether he could refuse to marry gay couples, because he objects to this. Well here's the board's decision: You can't refuse.

Board Ohio Judges Can t Choose Marriage Type They Perform - ABC News

No score one for the Constitution, equality and the American way of life.

Everyone wins.

The American way of life is now perversion.

Maybe isis is right and we are too twisted to survive.

Heh.
Was he a liberal in regard to the gay marriage issue? Or was he a conservative in this regard?

Heh.
Was he a liberal in regard to the gay marriage issue? Or was he a conservative in this regard?
Trying to safe face, eh?
Check above your left eye -- you missed some yolk.

The judge can refuse to perform marriages at all.

Its part of his job. If the other judges don't object to carrying his caseload, I don't see a problem with it. However the advisory board did make an interesting point about that:

"For example, if a judge who has declined to perform same-sex marriages is later assigned to hear a misdemeanor domestic violence charge involving a same-sex couple, the judge's ability to follow the law and impartially apply the domestic violence laws could reasonably be questioned," the board said.

I think that's a fair assessment.

Its part of his job. If the other judges don't object to carrying his caseload, I don't see a problem with it. However the advisory board did make an interesting point about that:

"For example, if a judge who has declined to perform same-sex marriages is later assigned to hear a misdemeanor domestic violence charge involving a same-sex couple, the judge's ability to follow the law and impartially apply the domestic violence laws could reasonably be questioned," the board said.

A judge's job is to sit in judgment on matters brought before the bench to be adjudicated. It is not to perform marriages. Some judges just don't and never did.

A judge's job is to sit in judgment on matters brought before the bench to be adjudicated. It is not to perform marriages. Some judges just don't and never did.

Its to do both for these judges.

Its to do both for these judges.
Then they aren't judges.

The story said that Judges who won't perform ANY marriages MAY be removed from future case where gender bias might be a factor.

No problem.

Forum List

Back