Again Science Moves Towards Biblical Account

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
This time science says there is strong evidence of a young earth.

What sustains Earth’s magnetic field? Creationists and secularists disagree on the answer, but a recent update from Physics Today seems to lend support to the creationists’ hypothesis that the magnetic field is both recent and decaying.

Magnetic fields naturally decay with time. If Earth were billions of years old, its magnetic field should be gone by now. But it isn’t. This has forced secular scientists to propose a recharging mechanism called a dynamo that supposedly sustained Earth’s magnetic field over billions of years.

The dynamo model for Earth’s magnetic field—and that of other celestial bodies such as the sun—has been zealously guarded and nourished within the secular scientific community. In 1919 Joseph Larmor proposed that Earth’s magnetic field was caused by the permanent magnetization of materials in the earth. However, this hypothesis required modification since it could not account for the polarity reversals that Walter Elsasser observed in rock layers.4Elsasser based his model on magnetic fields produced by hot, rotating, ionized fluid rather than by permanently magnetized material. He hypothesized that the magnetic field was a self-sustaining dynamo powered by convection in Earth’s liquid outer core. His model promoted the hypothetical presence of unusually long-lived magnetic fields in astrophysical bodies and their observed polarity reversals. At least five different equations from electromagnetic, fluid transport, and heat transport theory are necessary to simulate such dynamos. But recent experiments challenge the assigned value of a key parameter in these equations.

Within the dynamo theory, the thermal conductivity of Earth’s liquid outer core is a critical factor in estimating the age of the inner core and therefore estimating how long Earth’s interior has existed in its current state. If the inner core conducts heat to the core-mantle boundary too rapidly, then the dynamo hypothesis—which depends on convective-driven heat transfer—becomes much less probable.

With our current technology, we are unable to directly measure the conductivity of Earth’s liquid core. So we are limited to models (hypotheses) of how we believe the inner core’s heat is transported through the outer core to the mantle. The heat transport equation (the rate of heat transfer) is directly proportional to the thermal conductivity of the outer core. This proportionality constant can be measured in the laboratory by experiments that seek to approximate the conditions in Earth’s outer core.

Researchers recently conducted two of these experiments. One indirectly measured the thermal conductivity of iron by measuring its electrical conductivity, and the other directly measured the thermal conductivity of iron. The former experiment measured the thermal conductivity to be 90 watts/meter-°K and the latter measured it to be 30 watts/meter-°K. If the former measurement is accurate, which geophysicist David Dobson noted is less dependent on the measurement methodology, then that would set an upper bound of 700 million years on the age of Earth’s inner core and thus Earth itself. This would pose a serious problem for belief in a 4.5-billion-year-old Earth. The efficacy of the dynamo theory when applied to our sun has also been questioned.

Perhaps a Bible-based model of a 6,000-year-old Earth with a magnetic field that experienced extreme upheaval during a worldwide flood better explains not only Earth’s magnetic field but also the others in our solar system.

https://courses.seas.harvard.edu/cl...es/Earth-dynamo/1-Wikipedia-Dynamo-theory.pdf

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
That's why Mar's has lost it's atmosphere, possibly, because it has no substantial magnetic field to protect it from the suns blasts of radiation. The sun super heated it and all it's surface water was evaporated into space, and all life died. It could have been like earth billions of years ago.

I have to admit I find tons of entertainment, with 6000 people and their strange ideas. Doesn't hurt anyone so just be entertained by it.

The book that was wrote thousands of years ago was made up shit on the fly by men that had no clue about basic science. There's no real scientific basis to argue here.
fuck%20off_zpsm9qngv3k.jpg

The book that was wrote thousands of years ago was made up shit on the fly by men that had no clue about basic science. There's no real scientific basis to argue here.
\

To be perfectly honestly,,,

Most modern first graders understand more science than probably all the authors of the bible combine. I aint joking.

\

Most modern first graders understand more science than probably all the authors of the bible combine. I aint joking.
You're not even human, you low life piece of rat shit, fuck off.

\

More wisdom in one book of the Bible than in all the worlds universities combined.

Funny how that made up shit has been more accurate than science for the past 6,000 years.
They still can't explain where life came from, and evolution is still a theory, while divine intervention is a much more viable explanation, and when it comes right down to it, even if they think God is "magical," I'm sure there's SCIENCE behind his power, there always is. They don't seem to get that.

Funny how that made up shit has been more accurate than science for the past 6,000 years.
They still can't explain where life came from, and evolution is still a theory, while divine intervention is a much more viable explanation, and when it comes right down to it, even if they think God is "magical," I'm sure there's SCIENCE behind his power, there always is. They don't seem to get that.
Self delusion like children hiding under a blanket.

Afraid of what they don't understand.

And do not want to understand because that means they will be held accountable.

They think they're smarter than God anyway. They're the masters of their own domain. They answer to no one and make the rules up as they go... like Sodom and Gomorrah. That worked out so well.

You see oldschool thinks this is "funny," Weatherman2020, how pathetic.

You see oldschool thinks this is "funny," Weatherman2020, how pathetic.
His bubble world is threatened, it's all he has.

LOL Only the very ignorant even try to accept the literal interpretation of the Bible. And most of the major denominations accept evolution as part of God's plan.

Aside from all that, the evidence from the isotopes, fossils, and the speed of light itself says the universe is billions of years old. And we have had parts of the bible for 5000 years, yet it was only when we developed science that we achieved a civilization much higher than that of a goat herd.

I can't believe people still believe in Christianity.

"Hey look at me! I'm the devil. I have horns and a pointy tail. Look at my pitchfork! I'm gonna stick you with it before you can get to the pearly gates that are floating on the clouds in the sky!!!"

Give me a fucking break

Perhaps a Bible-based model of a 6,000-year-old Earth with a magnetic field that experienced extreme upheaval during a worldwide flood better explains not only Earth’s magnetic field but also the others in our solar system.

No, it doesn't, and only an ignorant rube would believe such a thing is true.

Forum List

Back