AGU fall meeting

Make sure to hit the New Ice Age discussion.

Unless Watts brings it up, there won't be any such discussion, being that only denier cranks made that prediction.

You did know that only denier cranks pushed the ice age crap, right? Even in the 1970s, it was only lifelong denier crank Dr. Reid Bryson and his crew pushing it. Everyone else was correctly predicting warming.

Oh wait. Your cult didn't inform you of that, so you had no way of knowing. If your cult doesn't spoon feed it to you, you're totally ignorant of it. Rest assured scientists and intelligent people do know it. You need to leave the adult discussions to the adults.

I'd wait to see how well they survive the comment period.

Being that Watts thinks water vapor is a forcing instead of a feedback, it will rightfully get laughed at. He doesn't grasp the basic concept that increasing temperature causes more water vapor. That's facepalm stupid on his part. He never explains, under his theory, what caused the increase in water vapor. It apparently happened just because it happened.

Needless to say, "I INVOKE MAGIC AS AN EXPLANATION!" is not regarded as valid science, except by deniers.

Make sure to hit the New Ice Age discussion.

Unless Watts brings it up, there won't be any such discussion, being that only denier cranks made that prediction.

You did know that only denier cranks pushed the ice age crap, right? Even in the 1970s, it was only lifelong denier crank Dr. Reid Bryson and his crew pushing it. Everyone else was correctly predicting warming.

Oh wait. Your cult didn't inform you of that, so you had no way of knowing. If your cult doesn't spoon feed it to you, you're totally ignorant of it. Rest assured scientists and intelligent people do know it. You need to leave the adult discussions to the adults.

You are full of shit old lady...most of climate science was pushing the ice age scare in the 70's....

Dumb fuck liar.

What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s?

In the thirty years leading up to the 1970s, available temperature recordings suggested that there was a cooling trend. As a result some scientists suggested that the current inter-glacial period could rapidly draw to a close, which might result in the Earth plunging into a new ice age over the next few centuries. This idea could have been reinforced by the knowledge that the smog that climatologists call ‘aerosols’ – emitted by human activities into the atmosphere – also caused cooling. In fact, as temperature recording has improved in coverage, it’s become apparent that the cooling trend was most pronounced in northern land areas and that global temperature trends were in fact relatively steady during the period prior to 1970.

At the same time as some scientists were suggesting we might be facing another ice age, a greater number published contradicting studies. Their papers showed that the growing amount of greenhouse gasses that humans were putting into the atmosphere would cause much greater warming – warming that would exert a much greater influence on global temperature than any possible natural or human-caused cooling effects.

By 1980 the predictions about ice ages had ceased, due to the overwhelming evidence contained in an increasing number of reports that warned of global warming. Unfortunately, the small number of predictions of an ice age appeared to be much more interesting than those of global warming, so it was those sensational 'Ice Age' stories in the press that so many people tend to remember.

GlobalCooling.JPG

The fact is that around 1970 there were 6 times as many scientists predicting a warming rather than a cooling planet. Today, with 30+years more data to analyse, we've reached a clear scientific consensus: 97% of working climate scientists agree with the view that human beings are causing global warming.

Dumb fuck liar.

What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s?

In the thirty years leading up to the 1970s, available temperature recordings suggested that there was a cooling trend. As a result some scientists suggested that the current inter-glacial period could rapidly draw to a close, which might result in the Earth plunging into a new ice age over the next few centuries. This idea could have been reinforced by the knowledge that the smog that climatologists call ‘aerosols’ – emitted by human activities into the atmosphere – also caused cooling. In fact, as temperature recording has improved in coverage, it’s become apparent that the cooling trend was most pronounced in northern land areas and that global temperature trends were in fact relatively steady during the period prior to 1970.

At the same time as some scientists were suggesting we might be facing another ice age, a greater number published contradicting studies. Their papers showed that the growing amount of greenhouse gasses that humans were putting into the atmosphere would cause much greater warming – warming that would exert a much greater influence on global temperature than any possible natural or human-caused cooling effects.

By 1980 the predictions about ice ages had ceased, due to the overwhelming evidence contained in an increasing number of reports that warned of global warming. Unfortunately, the small number of predictions of an ice age appeared to be much more interesting than those of global warming, so it was those sensational 'Ice Age' stories in the press that so many people tend to remember.

GlobalCooling.JPG

The fact is that around 1970 there were 6 times as many scientists predicting a warming rather than a cooling planet. Today, with 30+years more data to analyse, we've reached a clear scientific consensus: 97% of working climate scientists agree with the view that human beings are causing global warming.
PDO-and-20th-Century-warming-Fig01.jpg

Fig. 1. Projected warming (assumed here to occur by 2100) from a doubling of atmospheric CO2 from the IPCC climate models versus from various observational indicators.

ipcc-model-vs-satellite-feedback-histogram.jpg

Fig. 2. Frequency histogram of total (reflected solar plus emitted infrared)feedback parameters computed from all possible 5 year periods in transient forcing experiments in 18 climate models tracked by the IPCC, versus the same calculation from Aqua CERES and NOAA-15 AMSU channel 5 satellite data.

2014, warmest year on record, 2015, warmer than 2014, and 2016 warmer than 2015. Sea Ice at both poles at record lows for this time of year. Glacial retreat continues worldwide. Oceans are becoming increasingly acidic. Sea Level is rising faster with every decade. Ocean temperatures are increasing, particularly in the Arctic.

Observations, not models.

God Ray......if I ever get inspired to go back to school it will be due to one person only.........you!!
You know Steve, if there is a subject that really fascinates you, you don't have to shoot for a degree in it to go to school. Just take it for you own enjoyment and information.

One of the things I enjoy most is the company of the younger people. They have grown up in a very different world than I did, and they have insights into the present world that I don't have.

Being that Watts thinks water vapor is a forcing instead of a feedback, it will rightfully get laughed at. He doesn't grasp the basic concept that increasing temperature causes more water vapor. That's facepalm stupid on his part. He never explains, under his theory, what caused the increase in water vapor. It apparently happened just because it happened.

Needless to say, "I INVOKE MAGIC AS AN EXPLANATION!" is not regarded as valid science, except by deniers.

Really? You're the silly people invoking magical properties to CO2. It's amazing how only the 5% of CO2 that man creates is more powerful than the 95% created naturally. It truly is...

Really? You're the silly people invoking magical properties to CO2. It's amazing how only the 5% of CO2 that man creates is more powerful than the 95% created naturally. It truly is...
It is truly amazing what a liar you are. The isotopes of carbon tells the tale. We have increased the atmospheric CO2 from 280 ppm to over 400 ppm. And virtually all of that from burning fossil fuels.

It is truly amazing what a liar you are. The isotopes of carbon tells the tale. We have increased the atmospheric CO2 from 280 ppm to over 400 ppm. And virtually all of that from burning fossil fuels.

Actually, no they don't. But keep trotting out your BS lies olfraud. Like the one where you're a 74 year old person. I've already caught you in that lie....50's tops based on your first job ever that paid a minimum wage of 2.25 or whatever it was you claimed. Us old people had it good at .80 cents an hour. But then, we're not lying about who we are.

That being said I will probably go to the AGU meeting but in all likelihood the only thing I will be interested in is the Physics of Earthquake Rupture Propagation and the Earth Imaging session looks to be good.

Actually, no they don't. But keep trotting out your BS lies olfraud. Like the one where you're a 74 year old person. I've already caught you in that lie....50's tops based on your first job ever that paid a minimum wage of 2.25 or whatever it was you claimed. Us old people had it good at .80 cents an hour. But then, we're not lying about who we are.

That being said I will probably go to the AGU meeting but in all likelihood the only thing I will be interested in is the Physics of Earthquake Rupture Propagation and the Earth Imaging session looks to be good.
I figured his story was BS.

LOL Sure you will, you old fraud.
FM16-logo-final-2.jpg

You have, maybe, a time machine?

I have had one minimum wage job in my life. And that was in '62, before I enlisted. After that, I worked as skilled labor.

Chart: minimum wage in cost-of-living-adjusted dollars
Year Minimum Wage Adjusted 2013 Dollars
1960 $1.00 $7.89
1961 $1.15 $8.98
1962 $1.15 $8.89
1963 $1.25 $9.54

I figured his story was BS.
Well, Dingleberry, you figured wrong. And 73, not 74, it moves fast enough without help from you fellows.

Both you and Mr. Westwall are calling all the presenters at the AGU Conferance liars and frauds. But neither of you have the bona fides and reputation that would enable you to present there. You know, things like published papers that real scientists have.

Dumb fuck liar.

Says the guy who claims to be over 70 and at the same time claims his first job was minimum wage at $2 and change per hour...the minimum wage hit $2 per hour in 1973...Are you saying you didn't get your first job till you were 30 and that it paid minimum wage?

As to the 70's ice age scare...I have already provided over 100 papers peer reviewed published papers from that time showing concern over cooling....no point in posting them again because you simply ignore and repeat your lies endlessly.

Forum List

Back