Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Who is going to travel these colossal distances
Who is going to to build your new civilizations
Who is going to repair your ships and cities
Who is going to mine your minerals

AI and nanotechnology is the only possible solution

If we had Both , we could launch thousands of nano ships to alpha centurion at 25 percent light speed and get their in 16 years

If we had Both , we could launch thousands of nano ships to alpha centurion at 25 percent light speed and get their in 16 years

Myself, I fancy the idea of using self-replicating nano-bot swarms to construct an interstellar railroad of sorts. Either that or doing something nifty with quantum entanglement and wormholes. Our primitive ancestors figured out how to cross the oceans, a feat which at the time seemed as impossible as reaching the stars above. Someday our future generations will figure out how to cross the vast gulfs of space and their offspring will do it regularly, as if going on vacation to Vega is an everyday matter.

Myself, I fancy the idea of using self-replicating nano-bot swarms to construct an interstellar railroad of sorts. Either that or doing something nifty with quantum entanglement and wormholes. Our primitive ancestors figured out how to cross the oceans, a feat which at the time seemed as impossible as reaching the stars above. Someday our future generations will figure out how to cross the vast gulfs of space and their offspring will do it regularly, as if going on vacation to Vega is an everyday matter.
Comparing the oceans to space is comparing a snowball to a giant comet

Comparing the oceans to space is comparing a snowball to a giant comet

In terms of our modern technological capability, yes that is very true. However, someone somewhere at some point in time in the future will figure it out. Unfortunately, I do not believe you or I or anyone alive on USMB today will be around to see it, let alone make the journey. I can live with that. That being said, I wouldn't want to be a crew member on one of those 100,000 year voyage generational starships.

In terms of our modern technological capability, yes that is very true. However, someone somewhere at some point in time in the future will figure it out. Unfortunately, I do not believe you or I or anyone alive on USMB today will be around to see it, let alone make the journey. I can live with that. That being said, I wouldn't want to be a crew member on one of those 100,000 year voyage generational starships.
It will only be Nano self replicating bots the size of your hand

If your only sending robots what is the point in going there at all? It will have to be a combination of human and robot technology to make it useful to explore space.

There is a part of me that says aliens, in the form of AI and nano-tech are already here. Solves the Fermi Paradox if nothing else.

If your only sending robots what is the point in going there at all? It will have to be a combination of human and robot technology to make it useful to explore space.
You won’t go there !!!
Robots will find the best possible planets to live on .
Then they will construct human bodies from tissues .
Then earth will beam your dna across space or the bots will be sent with human dna

1654283547724.png

There's noting to be gained in space travel. It's romanticism taken to an extreme.
While America wasted time and money on going to the moon, the Soviets were making great gains by concentrating on building a space station.

And then they became America's taxi to the International Space Station.

There's noting to be gained in space travel. It's romanticism taken to an extreme.
While America wasted time and money on going to the moon, the Soviets were making great gains by concentrating on building a space station.

And then they became America's taxi to the International Space Station.
You are a very provincial and myopic thinker

AI was only in the AI lab at MIT. After that, AI existed only in the yellow press and in the inflamed imagination of the layman.

Forum List

Back