Alabama Polls have closed: monitoring live feed

Yeah baby!

Ominous signs for Strange

Update - 9:05 p.m.

None of the major news outlets have made the call just yet, but it's beginning to look grim for Strange.

Moore continues to hold a strong, 16 point lead with 16 percent of precincts reporting. And Cook Political Report, the respected congressional campaign experts, are projecting a Moore victory.

Projection: Roy Moore (R) defeats Sen. Luther Strange (R) in #ALSEN GOP runoff.

— Dave Wasserman (@Redistrict) September 27, 2017
John Couvillon, a pollster with the Louisiana-based polling firm JMC Analytics, agrees.
MOORE WINS: While I dont have Baldwin or Shelby, the results coming in are showing Moore picking up what he needs...and then some. #ALSEN

— John Couvillon (@WinWithJMC) September 27, 2017
MOORE WINS (PT 2) Strange needed 60% of "also ran" vote. JMC is seeing Strange getting 35% of that vote #ALSEN

— John Couvillon (@WinWithJMC) September 27, 2017

Alabama Republican primary: live results

What's crucial here is that Moore crushes Strange. The message then will be loud and clear to the Republican establishment to get ready for primaries. Get out of the way or lose big.

When driving and not paying attention to the radio until I heard the name Luther Strange, I thought NPR was running a story on a new Batman movie. Does sound like one of the cape crusader's adversaries. No business of mine but I'd go for the Ten Commandments guy, just because that's all I know about either. But for anybody from Alabama, I can say without too much hypocrisy, I hope your guy wins.

Well this is Bannon/Conservatives/Moore vs Kushner/New York Dems in the White House w/RINOS/Strange.

Pres.Trump endorsed the right guy. Bannon had endorsed Moore, and which Bannon thinks that the very slow moving Session is trying to help Pres.Trump. But Session could not get Pres.Trump a special counselor or he did not let Mueller go for picking all of Hillary's donors to investigate the Russian collusion case. Maybe Session have given Bannon a Twinkies when he needed one, and which that could of had started a new relationship between them both.

:)

No one gives Bannon a twinkie.

Crazy Roy Moore rode in on horseback to the polls and pulled out a gun at a rally. he will be Alabama's next Senator.

DKsUwxRW4AE9YJs.jpg

Moore has history of controversial comments - CNN Video

From what I understand about this election, if Moore wins it's a win for "Trumpism". Apparently this Moore guy is on board with Trump policies far more than the other guy. I don't know much as I didn't follow it closely, but it's what I have read and heard on other sites and forums.

In many ways it will ensure that Trump and the GOP maintain their promises as they can see that the movement that Trump leveraged votes on and in some ways created, is even bigger than him. The entire country is unhappy with the Establishment and they want tough policies that are quite different from the way Washington used to be run. No amount of money will shift this discontent.

That's how I would assess this anyways.

Bannon is giving the warning. Your day is coming establishment.

McConnell-aligned super PAC that backed Strange gives up, pledges to back Moore

Update - 9:15 p.m.

With a victory for Moore imminent, the Senate Leadership Fund (SLF) released a statement commending Moore for beating Strange “fair and square” and promising to back Moore in the general election.

SLF, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s allied super PAC, spent about $8 million on Strange’s behalf during the primary and tarred Moore with negative ads.

“We are proud to have fought alongside President Trump and the NRA in support of a dedicated conservative who has loyally supported this President and his agenda. Senator Strange can hold his head high knowing that he played a critical role in cleaning up the corruption in Montgomery, confirming President Trump’s choice for the Supreme Court, and strongly supporting the President’s priorities on border security and repealing Obamacare,” said Steven Law, SLF’s president.

“While we were honored to have fought hard for Big Luther, Judge Roy Moore won this nomination fair and square and he has our support, as it is vital that we keep this seat in Republican hands.”

But it’s unclear whether Moore will accept that support, as he repeatedly railed against SLF and McConnell for what he saw as undue outside influence in the race.

Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon, who has backed Moore, called out McConnell, Law and other SLF allies during Moore’s closing rally on Monday night.

“For Mitch McConnell and Ward Baker and Karl Rove and Steven Law, all the instruments that tried to destroy Judge Moore and his family, your day of reckoning is coming,” Bannon said.

When driving and not paying attention to the radio until I heard the name Luther Strange, I thought NPR was running a story on a new Batman movie. Does sound like one of the cape crusader's adversaries. No business of mine but I'd go for the Ten Commandments guy, just because that's all I know about either. But for anybody from Alabama, I can say without too much hypocrisy, I hope your guy wins.

I know that these names seems as is they had came out of a Mark Twain novel. Especially that leaker Reality Winner and Rense Prebius. I'm surprised that Indian Joe did not pop out of the administration, yet.
But Moore knew ahead of time that he could not stop them from removing the Commandments. But he put on an act to impress his supporters as if he going to put up a fight if they remove the Commandments.

You guys don't understand how awesome it's going to be having Moore in the Senate. He's an unironic, all-American batshit crazy dude!

Well, one thing’s for certain: Alabamians truly want to drain the swamp. Only if the rest of the country would follow.

AP CALLS IT Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

AP: Moore wins

Update - 9:29 p.m.

The Associated Press has called the race for Moore.

BREAKING: Firebrand jurist Roy Moore wins Alabama GOP primary runoff for U.S. Senate, defeating Trump-backed incumbent.

— The Associated Press (@AP) September 27, 2017

Forum List

Back