Alec Baldwin's Involuntary Manslaughter Case Dimissed In The Middle of The Trial and Canot Be Filed Again.

Of course there is grounds for appeal. Every time a DA makes a mistake doesn't mean the case is dismissed with prejudice. This "error" was not essential to the case at all. The judge took a bribe. They all do.
Every time a DA makes a mistake it doesn't mean the case is dismissed with prejudice. But when a case is dismissed with prejudice it cannot be refined. Notice that the conviction of that other girl was also vacated and dismissed with prejudice. In this case there was no error. No one made a mistake. The DA deliberately concealed some evidence and altered other evidence. He will certainly be fired if not disbarred.

Why did baldwin point the gun at halyna? She was a director and was not in the movie. Some say maybe halyna wanted to see how it looked with the gun pointing at the camera, but then why did baldwin thumb back the hammer and pull the trigger.?

This may have been murder, but another corrupt judge lets the liberal go.
The gun was loaded because the stage hand who was supposed to be sure the gun was NOT loaded. While Mr. Baldwin's role was to shoot an unloaded gun at another actor that only looked like he was shooting to kill. What occurred was a horror to Mr. Baldwin and other witnesses, but the onus was not Baldwin 's territory. It was due to delinquent service of the person who was in charge of unsafe stage props being used to be sure the gun was not loaded with real bullets. Prayers up for the family of the actor who died due to props employee error.

So what do you do if someone hands you a shotgun with a closed bolt or breach? Do you just toss it aside or point it at another human and pull the trigger? If you do, you should never handle another firearm again. As for dreadful gun stats--do you think not holding a suspect responsible in an obvious firearms violation is going to make those stats better?
The gun stats says it all, the USA is inept with gun safety, more bullets than braincells.

Let me post a parallel to this case. The death of Brandon Lee, by a prop gun loaded with blanks.

Around midnight on the morning of March 31, the cast and crew were filming a scene at Carolco Studios in Wilmington, North Carolina. As Lee entered a room, another actor shot him from a distance of 15-20 feet. Though the gun was supposed to have been loaded with blanks, police later found that a .44 bullet entered Lee’s abdomen and lodged in his spine, fatally wounding him. He died in the hospital hours later of internal injuries, blood loss and heart failure.

Hollowed-out cartridges are often used to film close-ups of a gun being loaded; the “dummy” cartridges are then supposed to be removed and replaced with blanks before being fired. The police investigation into Lee’s death concluded that a tip of one of the cartridge’s bullets broke off from the cartridge and lodged in the gun, then fired at Lee along with the blank.

D.A. Spivey eventually decided against bringing charges against Crowvision, the production company making the movie.
Different situation but I agree with the D.A. In Mr. Balwin's case, he said he never pulled the trigger. That gun wouldn't fire without holding the trigger down.
That makes me think he doesn't know guns.

The gun stats says it all, the USA is inept with gun safety, more bullets than braincells.
Not unless people with guns have 86 billion rounds apiece. :rolleyes-41:

"There are 86 billion neurons, or cells, in the human brain."

They weren't filming when this happened. Baldwin was f'ing around with the gun as they were preparing to film.
Stage props are the job of professìonal stage managers. Actors frequently have safety professionals so they can practice their roles. In this case, the actor went through practice on the set, which is what good actors do so their character is believable because they practiced. I never heard of such incompetence bÿ a stage hand failing to protect the famous actor who is likely experiencing depression and gross sadness because he trusted others to do their job. I'm sorry, but Mr. Baldwin is not guilty of the death caused by a professiinal stage employee who failed to deliver a safe prop to a very good professional actor.

Every time a DA makes a mistake it doesn't mean the case is dismissed with prejudice. But when a case is dismissed with prejudice it cannot be refined. Notice that the conviction of that other girl was also vacated and dismissed with prejudice. In this case there was no error. No one made a mistake. The DA deliberately concealed some evidence and altered other evidence. He will certainly be fired if not disbarred.
Baldwin can be charged with another offense. He can't be charged or tried for the same charge. Instead of being charged with involuntary manslaughter, he can be charged with negligent homicide which is what he should have been charged with to begin with.

Baldwin can be charged with another offense. He can't be charged or tried for the same charge. Instead of being charged with involuntary manslaughter, he can be charged with negligent homicide which is what he should have been charged with to begin with.
The evidence situation looks pretty dang sketchy.

Stage props are the job of professìonal stage managers. Actors frequently have safety professionals so they can practice their roles. In this case, the actor went through practice on the set, which is what good actors do so their character is believable because they practiced. I never heard of such incompetence bÿ a stage hand failing to protect the famous actor who is likely experiencing depression and gross sadness because he trusted others to do their job. I'm sorry, but Mr. Baldwin is not guilty of the death caused by a professiinal stage employee who failed to deliver a safe prop to a very good professional actor.
Baldwin is the owner of the company. His safety requirements were not followed. A death resulted at his hand. HE is guilty, I don't care if he had a department full of scapegoats. HE pulled the pointed at a person and pulled the trigger. HE is guilty of negligent homicide--no one else.

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A New Mexico judge on Friday threw out the involuntary manslaughter case against Alec Baldwin in the middle of his trial and said it cannot be filed again.

Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer dismissed the case with prejudice based on the misconduct of police and prosecutors over the withholding of evidence from the defense in the shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of the film “Rust.”

Baldwin cried and embraced his attorneys after the decision was announced.

dem win.jpg

The problem is that you see it as a case of Dems vs. Republicans.

Baldwin had to go down for the blasphemy of criticizing Cheetoh Jesus!

The legal question was about Baldwin's negligence in the case, which was sketchy to start with, but then when they found out someone else brought the live rounds on the set and the prosecutors covered it up, that was pretty much game over, as it should be.

Now, here's the bonus round. Baldwin is a free man tonight because he had the resources to hire top flight lawyers to pick the case apart.

But it makes you wonder how many innocent people who are sitting on death row or in prison because their underpaid public defenders didn't identify exactly the same kind of misconduct.

Why did baldwin point the gun at halyna? She was a director and was not in the movie. Some say maybe halyna wanted to see how it looked with the gun pointing at the camera, but then why did baldwin thumb back the hammer and pull the trigger.?

This may have been murder, but another corrupt judge lets the liberal go.
Baldwin was told the gun was safe when it was handed to him. In my gut I believe that he did not in a million years think he would do any harm pointing it or whatever he did with it whether or not he pulled the trigger. It was a tragic horrible accident that he will live with the rest of his life. I don't like the guy's politics either and think he has been quite inappropriate, but I do not believe he committed murder. The world would not be a better or safer place with him in jail. I wish he had been acquitted or found guilty of a minor offense by a jury but I am not sorry he is not convicted.

Despite him being pretty crummy due to his sociopolitics, he is a hell of an actor. As is Whoopee Goldberg. One of our very favorite movies is "Ghosts of Mississippi" in which Baldwin and Goldberg are the leading actors and both are superb in their roles. Whoopee's finest role in my opinion.

Baldwin can be charged with another offense. He can't be charged or tried for the same charge. Instead of being charged with involuntary manslaughter, he can be charged with negligent homicide which is what he should have beencharged with to begin with.
This case is over. If something happens, you post it. Not what you think, your opinion, or how you feel doesn't count.

Forum List

Back