all because THE BIGGEST LIE this bakery will LOSE employees/business!

[

After all like tanning salons cause cancer... LAWYERS cause the $850 billion a year in defensive medicine i.e. FEAR of Lawsuits!
Take the $20 billion from the millionaire lawyers and pay $4,000 a year for each of the truly 5 million that want and need insurance!
That is exactly what Obama is doing to tanning salons... do to lawyers!
Why are people like you defending millionaire ambulance chasing lawyers???

Guy, 96,000 Americans die every year because of medical malpractice.

Medical Errors Leading Cause Of Death In Hospitals, Study Says

Somehow, I don't think this number would get better if doctors didn't have to worry about lawsuits.

You think that 96,000 deaths every year of medical malpractice is bad?
Waite till we have millions of deaths each year due to rationing that the new Health Care Bill has implemented.
If the New Health Care Board says it is too expensive and not cost effective you lose.

Cleaver Joe, a fantasy world answer.
You just stay in that non real world of yours and hope that if you need something in the future, that it isn't a rare, real expensive drug or procedure that you might need, that could save your life, or your family's, or your friends lives.

You just stay in that non real world of yours and hope that if you need something in the future, that it isn't a rare, real expensive drug or procedure that you might need, that could save your life, or your family's, or your friends lives.

Sorry, I lived that in the here an now.

I used to be a very RW Republican, until I had a medical issue that Cigna considered "elective". After fighting with them for about a year and a half, I finally got the procedure, but shortly afterwards was let go from my job despite having seniority AND excellent performance reviews.

There are death panels. They work for Blue Cross, Cigna, etc.

the married owners of the bakery, which employs 95 people, estimate this could cost their business up to $108,000, and they are weighing their options as the date approaches.
“Our revenues are about $8 million, but the food business is a low-margin industry so cutting $108,000 out of our profits, which are just over $200,000, is a big deal,” said Ms. Shein, who is the chief executive.
They are evaluating different ways to comply with the new law and finance the expense.

Option One is to provide the insurance at cost up to $108,000 a year for 90 employees
Option Two is to not offer health insurance..The cost to the business would be $130,000 per year for a 95-person company.
Option Three: reduce the staff, because businesses with 50 or fewer employees will be exempt from the penalty.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/b...s-confronts-the-new-health-care-law.html?_r=0

AND all of this mess will be duplicated by millions of small businesses like this bakery!
Establishment - A single physical location where business is conducted or where services or industrial operations are performed.
Firm - A firm is a business organization consisting of one or more domestic establishments in the same state and industry that were specified under common ownership or control.

Firms with 20 to 99 employees 532,391- firms 723,385 -establishments 20,922,960 paid employees
If this bakery is representative of the 1.3 million each given the choice of losing money or losing employees either choice will INCREASE revenue!
And this is an example how Obama and his administration with NO Business experiences IS DESTROYING AMERICA!
Each of the 1.3 million companies will add to unemployment, will NOT increase REVENUE thus REDUCE TAX REVENUE!

Take some time and see the below for actually numbers..
Statistics about Business Size (including Small Business) from the U.S. Census Bureau

Baked In The Sun wholesale bakery employs anywhere from 50 to 100 people, but the average is about 60. In 2011, they had gross revenues of $10 million. In every picture I can find of their operation, all the employees appear to be Hispanic (I didn't say illegal, though that's certainly a possibility in southern California). Typically, that means they are earning minimum wage or just above that with no benefits.

The owner claims a net profit of $200,000 out of the $10 million, which is not far out of line for other, similar businesses. Net profit, though, comes after the paying of salaries and benefits, in addition to all other business expenses. Even if all their employees are full time and make $40,000 per year (highly unlikely in both cases) employee pay would amount to just 1/5th of total revenue.

The point is that before I get all bent out of shape about her "troubles" with Obamacare, I'd like to know how much she pays herself and her husband and whether or not they have health insurance. I'm guessing the answers are, "a lot" and "yes."

If that's so, then her complaint with Obamacare is that she might have to share the largess with the people who actually make her wealthy. In other words, she might have to take a modest pay cut to do right by her employees.

I have little sympathy for her if that's the case. Do you?

the married owners of the bakery, which employs 95 people, estimate this could cost their business up to $108,000, and they are weighing their options as the date approaches.
“Our revenues are about $8 million, but the food business is a low-margin industry so cutting $108,000 out of our profits, which are just over $200,000, is a big deal,” said Ms. Shein, who is the chief executive.
They are evaluating different ways to comply with the new law and finance the expense.

Option One is to provide the insurance at cost up to $108,000 a year for 90 employees
Option Two is to not offer health insurance..The cost to the business would be $130,000 per year for a 95-person company.
Option Three: reduce the staff, because businesses with 50 or fewer employees will be exempt from the penalty.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/b...s-confronts-the-new-health-care-law.html?_r=0

AND all of this mess will be duplicated by millions of small businesses like this bakery!
Establishment - A single physical location where business is conducted or where services or industrial operations are performed.
Firm - A firm is a business organization consisting of one or more domestic establishments in the same state and industry that were specified under common ownership or control.

Firms with 20 to 99 employees 532,391- firms 723,385 -establishments 20,922,960 paid employees
If this bakery is representative of the 1.3 million each given the choice of losing money or losing employees either choice will INCREASE revenue!
And this is an example how Obama and his administration with NO Business experiences IS DESTROYING AMERICA!
Each of the 1.3 million companies will add to unemployment, will NOT increase REVENUE thus REDUCE TAX REVENUE!

Take some time and see the below for actually numbers..
Statistics about Business Size (including Small Business) from the U.S. Census Bureau

Baked In The Sun wholesale bakery employs anywhere from 50 to 100 people, but the average is about 60. In 2011, they had gross revenues of $10 million. In every picture I can find of their operation, all the employees appear to be Hispanic (I didn't say illegal, though that's certainly a possibility in southern California). Typically, that means they are earning minimum wage or just above that with no benefits.

The owner claims a net profit of $200,000 out of the $10 million, which is not far out of line for other, similar businesses. Net profit, though, comes after the paying of salaries and benefits, in addition to all other business expenses. Even if all their employees are full time and make $40,000 per year (highly unlikely in both cases) employee pay would amount to just 1/5th of total revenue.

The point is that before I get all bent out of shape about her "troubles" with Obamacare, I'd like to know how much she pays herself and her husband and whether or not they have health insurance. I'm guessing the answers are, "a lot" and "yes."

If that's so, then her complaint with Obamacare is that she might have to share the largess with the people who actually make her wealthy. In other words, she might have to take a modest pay cut to do right by her employees.

I have little sympathy for her if that's the case. Do you?

Not at all.

If you can't make a damn good life for yourself from a business that grosses $10 million a year, then either you're doing something very wrong or you're a whiney little bitch.

[

After all like tanning salons cause cancer... LAWYERS cause the $850 billion a year in defensive medicine i.e. FEAR of Lawsuits!
Take the $20 billion from the millionaire lawyers and pay $4,000 a year for each of the truly 5 million that want and need insurance!

Somehow, I don't think this number would get better if doctors didn't have to worry about lawsuits.

So you have NO problem with taxing tanning salons that cause cancer YET you find it OK that lawyers make $200 billion a year filing
frivolous lawsuits like this:

Mr. W is suing you for malpractice based on delayed treatment," said the attorney. "His complaint against you alleges that Mr. L did not tell him to go to the hospital immediately, and thus, the practice is vicariously liable for the injuries he suffered as a result of waiting for Dr. C to call him the next morning."

"That's ridiculous!" exclaimed Mr. L. "All he told me was that his leg was pale. No other symptoms that present with popliteal-artery aneurysm were there; Mr. W did not describe edema or complain of pain from nerve compression, and we know from his history that he did not have deep venous thrombosis. Plus, he didn't sound like he needed emergency treatment. He only asked to speak to Dr. C. How could I know, based on his description of a pale-looking leg, that it warranted an immediate hospital visit? Wouldn't he have been in a better position to know whether he should go to the hospital? We were hundreds of miles away!"

However, the study did not paint a uniformly positive picture of the current malpractice system.
The costs of litigating claims, including defense costs and contingency fees paid to plaintiffs’ lawyers, averaged $52,521 per claim. Overall, these administrative costs amounted to 54% of the compensation paid to plaintiffs. “Deciding negligence is a very expensive process,” said Studdert. The authors also found that it took an average of five years from injury to resolution of the claim—a long time for plaintiffs to wait for compensation and for defendants to endure the uncertainty that litigation entails.

So you instead want to PAY the lawyers $200 billion a year and pay the $850 billion a year in defensive medicine?

FINE then how will you do it with UNIVERSAL HEALTH DUMB f...K!
Government CAN'T BE SUED!
All government employees which the physicians would be with UNIVERSAL HEALTH care will have NO liability!

Think about that for a while!

Where is the fair share crowd? I mean this is just one buisness out of many that will need to make this decision. We can thank liberals every where for doing this to small buisness.

Screw small businesses.

Here's the problem. EVERY other industrialized country has single payer, universal health care EXCEPT for the US.

This bakery's problem could have been solved by simply having a Public Option. Republicans shot that down. Big Insurance didn't want the competition.

And YOU'VE totally ignored the premise of the thread..
THERE NEVER WERE 46 million truly uninsured that needed insurance!
AGAIN Refute the numbers!
10 million of 46 million are not citizens.
14 million already covered by Medicaid and haven't enrolled! Counted as uninsured!
18 million WHO could afford at $50k or more income and under age 34 Don't want the added employer insurance expense because it would be a waste when they spend out of pocket less the $1,000 a year each!

So the point is why all of the massive massive disruptive change to 98.4% of the population's insurance for less then 5 million people?
Especially when Obamacare taxed 10% tanning salons.. why not 10% of lawyers and use the $20 billion in tax revenue for the $4,000 per
uninsured that wants insurance annual premium?
THAT then provides 100% insurance coverage for those THAT Want and NEED insurance!

How complicated is that??
Don't mess around as Obamacare had done with 98.4 % of all our insurance when only 5 million needed coverage!
THAT is the BIG BIG LIE!!!

Fact is Obama/Dems received $300 million in 2008 alone from lawyers to prevent such a tax!
And Obama a lawyer and 42% of congress lawyers agreed!

I used to be a very RW Republican, until I had a medical issue that Cigna considered "elective". After fighting with them for about a year and a half, I finally got the procedure, but shortly afterwards was let go from my job despite having seniority AND excellent performance reviews.

We have had Blue Cross Blue Shield for about 30 plus years. They have been very good to us about paying for all of our procedures.

[

So you have NO problem with taxing tanning salons that cause cancer YET you find it OK that lawyers make $200 billion a year filing
frivolous lawsuits like this:

Mr. W is suing you for malpractice based on delayed treatment," said the attorney. "His complaint against you alleges that Mr. L did not tell him to go to the hospital immediately, and thus, the practice is vicariously liable for the injuries he suffered as a result of waiting for Dr. C to call him the next morning."

"That's ridiculous!" exclaimed Mr. L. "All he told me was that his leg was pale. No other symptoms that present with popliteal-artery aneurysm were there; Mr. W did not describe edema or complain of pain from nerve compression, and we know from his history that he did not have deep venous thrombosis. Plus, he didn't sound like he needed emergency treatment. He only asked to speak to Dr. C. How could I know, based on his description of a pale-looking leg, that it warranted an immediate hospital visit? Wouldn't he have been in a better position to know whether he should go to the hospital? We were hundreds of miles away!"

However, the study did not paint a uniformly positive picture of the current malpractice system.
The costs of litigating claims, including defense costs and contingency fees paid to plaintiffs’ lawyers, averaged $52,521 per claim. Overall, these administrative costs amounted to 54% of the compensation paid to plaintiffs. “Deciding negligence is a very expensive process,” said Studdert. The authors also found that it took an average of five years from injury to resolution of the claim—a long time for plaintiffs to wait for compensation and for defendants to endure the uncertainty that litigation entails.

So you instead want to PAY the lawyers $200 billion a year and pay the $850 billion a year in defensive medicine?

FINE then how will you do it with UNIVERSAL HEALTH DUMB f...K!
Government CAN'T BE SUED!
All government employees which the physicians would be with UNIVERSAL HEALTH care will have NO liability!

Think about that for a while!

Actually, it is estimated that most people who could sue for malpractice don't.

Of course, if you had universal coverage, the need for malpractice would be less, because usually what people are suing for is correction to whatever the quacks screwed up to start with.

We have had Blue Cross Blue Shield for about 30 plus years. They have been very good to us about paying for all of our procedures.

I'm happy for you.

You are doing better than the 17 year old girl who died because Cigna declared her liver transplant "expiramental". They did pay their CEO 73 million in retirement packages, though.

They have enough profits. They should be paying more of their fair share.

Why don't you tell me when obama is going to pitch in his fair share? I haven't had a vacation in ovet six years. So when will obama pay his fair share by eliminating his? When will he quit throwing parties? When will he quit playing golf and work instead? When will people that on welfare quit driving new cars, buy desiner clothes, go to strip clubs, get tattos, and buy drugs on my dime? When will they sacrifice to contribute their fair share? The poor get free healthcare, free housing, free food, free daycare, and free power. When are they gonna cut back. A small buisness that profits $200,000 a year, with the headache of having 95 employees, in my book isn't making near enough, and your ignorant butt thinks they should fork out another $108,000 dollars in expense to run that buisness? Okay that's only around $45.000.00 a year for each buisness owners, which probaly works 80 hour weeks, and takes the risk of being in buisness. So you think that's paying their fair share? You are the biggest idiot on this forum, you even beat tm.

I could not agree more with you. Excellent post. I was being sarcastic in my original post. Unfortunately, many leftist elites take this position. Who is it for a select group of elites to determine how much profit any entity can earn? Many elites making these assessments and want to make the decisions, have never had profit and loss accountability.

I'm happy for you.

You are doing better than the 17 year old girl who died because Cigna declared her liver transplant "expiramental". They did pay their CEO 73 million in retirement packages, though.

So why aren't you angry with Joe Flacco of the Ravens.. He's paid PAID not stock options PAID over a six-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens is worth $120.6 million -- PAID cold hard cash $20 million a year!
Why are you not upset with THAT?

The vast majority of that total went to former chairman and CEO H. Edward Hanway who left his post with a retirement package worth $110.9 million --
which included $18.8 million in executive compensation for 2009 as well as a healthy pension plan, deferred compensation and stock options.
NOTE: the BIASED Ignorant MEDIA always includes the pension, deferred compensation, stock options so that the ignorant little idiots like you say SEE they get $73 million !!!!

YOU don't seem to understand:
A) Why don't WE INCLUDE YOUR BENEFITS when you retire ?
YOUR employer PAID in MORE then you did to your SS/Medicare!
B) The "stock options"??? The CEO HAS TO TAKE his OWN money and buy the stock!

So again... where is your angry at Flacco making $20 million in cold hard cash a year! No stock options here!
Where is your anger at Labron James making $53 million a year cold hard cash! NO stock options for him!
How about Tiger Woods making $60 million a year ... not stock options, not pension cold hard cash!

Why are you people excluding these multimillionaires THAT DEPEND ENTIRELY ON YOU to buy tickets, to buy their endorsements!
Why don't you demand THEM to lower then costs and in turn lower your expenses???

And don't give me that crap about this is not the same!!!
We're talking about compensations ...not how the companies spend their money!

After all I can't really have much confidence in your 17 year old girl pathos... cause you can't even WITH THE HELP of this board
spell "experimental"... geez.. your ignorance in not at least paying attention to the dotted red line "......"
that underlines simple spelling errors is what gets me!
If you can't at least follow the little details like paying attention to the red dotted line... why should I believe your 17 year old girl story?
YOU made that up didn't you???

that works if you have needed their assistance and it paid for the service -

for many however their rate increase each year simply due to age without ever having to use their service is an undue burden that should entitle a policyholder a recourse for reimbursement or justification for an increase other than age.

at any rate at least the Democrats have initiated Health Care Reform and there is now a platform to work from to refine the Law for the betterment of the Consumer and not just the interests of the Health based Business Interest.

that works if you have needed their assistance and it paid for the service -

for many however their rate increase each year simply due to age without ever having to use their service is an undue burden that should entitle a policyholder a recourse for reimbursement or justification for an increase other than age.

at any rate at least the Democrats have initiated Health Care Reform and there is now a platform to work from to refine the Law for the betterment of the Consumer and not just the interests of the Health based Business Interest.

CAN YOU ADD AND SUBTRACT? Do you have a problem understanding math???

Obama said:"We are not a nation that accepts nearly 46 million uninsured men, women and children,"

GIVEN: Census bureau says 10 million of the 46 million "uninsured' are not citizens… leaving 36 million…
Source: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

GIVEN: 14 million are eligible for Medicaid..but they are counted as "uninsured"…. leaving 22 million…
Source: http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf

GIVEN: 18 million counted as 'Uninsured" make over $50,000, are under 34 and pay an average of $1,000 a year out of pocket instead of taking employers insurance.
Source: CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009

That leaves 4 million truly uninsured that need coverage. 98.7% ARE covered.. of those that want coverage.
So do you believe there are 46 million "UNINSURED as Obama used to pass Obamacare?

Is there something that is GROSSLY missing here?
10 million can't be insured cause they are not legal citizens.. THAT's a fact.. yet they are counted as part of the "uninsured" WHY??
14 million are already eligible and 10 million have enrolled, leaving 4 million that haven't enrolled but are eligible.. so why are these 14 million counted as uninsured?
18 million under age 34 make over $50k and spend less then $1,000/year therefore refuse to pay more for employers' health plans.. So why are they counted?

less the 5 million without insurance that want insurance could have insurance if you people weren't protecting millionaire ambulance chasing lawyers!

Last edited:
PLEASE ALL of you... that are providing NON-THREAD related comments!
Refute the fact there are less then 5 million uninsured that want insurance!
It's that simple.

If Obamacare can't even add and subtract...my god... how are they going to run this monstrosity?

As the little kid said to the emperor.. "YOU are not wearing any clothes!"

It is that simple folks. We've been totally LIED with the biggest LIE EVER!
10 million are not citizens. 14 million already covered by Medicaid!
18 million don't want insurance...
SO where are the 46 million uninsured that was used to pass this monstrous destructive CRaP?

Why don't you tell me when obama is going to pitch in his fair share? I haven't had a vacation in ovet six years. So when will obama pay his fair share by eliminating his? When will he quit throwing parties? When will he quit playing golf and work instead? When will people that on welfare quit driving new cars, buy desiner clothes, go to strip clubs, get tattos, and buy drugs on my dime? When will they sacrifice to contribute their fair share? The poor get free healthcare, free housing, free food, free daycare, and free power. When are they gonna cut back. A small buisness that profits $200,000 a year, with the headache of having 95 employees, in my book isn't making near enough, and your ignorant butt thinks they should fork out another $108,000 dollars in expense to run that buisness? Okay that's only around $45.000.00 a year for each buisness owners, which probaly works 80 hour weeks, and takes the risk of being in buisness. So you think that's paying their fair share? You are the biggest idiot on this forum, you even beat tm.

I haven't had a vacation in ovet six years.

Who's fault is that?

Sounds like you need one.

You can spend a week in Mexico on a beautiful beach for around a thou including airfare and hotel. Stop whining and go relax a few days. It does wonders.

Where is the fair share crowd? I mean this is just one buisness out of many that will need to make this decision. We can thank liberals every where for doing this to small buisness.

Screw small businesses.

Here's the problem. EVERY other industrialized country has single payer, universal health care EXCEPT for the US.

This bakery's problem could have been solved by simply having a Public Option. Republicans shot that down. Big Insurance didn't want the competition.

Screw small business, screw big business... Would you mind telling us who exactly it is that you want employing people then?

Believe it or not, that is a "more than fair" question. I recently saw a poll (sorry, but I BELIEVE it was an old Newsweek - doctor'office) that asked 100 Senators and Congressmen if they would be "participating" in Obarrycare....

100 questioned - 100 answers ALL THE SAME..NO!

According to Maxine Waters - "I have the best healthcare in the world, why would I want to get rid of it"?

And that, ladies and gentlemen, are the people WE send to represent US.

[
So why aren't you angry with Joe Flacco of the Ravens.. He's paid PAID not stock options PAID over a six-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens is worth $120.6 million -- PAID cold hard cash $20 million a year!
Why are you not upset with THAT?

The vast majority of that total went to former chairman and CEO H. Edward Hanway who left his post with a retirement package worth $110.9 million --
which included $18.8 million in executive compensation for 2009 as well as a healthy pension plan, deferred compensation and stock options.
NOTE: the BIASED Ignorant MEDIA always includes the pension, deferred compensation, stock options so that the ignorant little idiots like you say SEE they get $73 million !!!!

Here's why this comparison is sort of RETARDED. The people who pay Joe Flacco's salary are paying to see the game or paying for Raven's merchandise. that's the business model.

The people paying Ed Scumaway's salary are the policy holders in Cigna. And frankly, when you get health insurance like Nataline Sarkisya's family did, you have a reasonable expectation when your child gets sick, you get the medical care you insured yourself to get.

[
After all I can't really have much confidence in your 17 year old girl pathos... cause you can't even WITH THE HELP of this board
spell "experimental"... geez.. your ignorance in not at least paying attention to the dotted red line "......"
that underlines simple spelling errors is what gets me!
If you can't at least follow the little details like paying attention to the red dotted line... why should I believe your 17 year old girl story?
YOU made that up didn't you???

Guy, I don't spell check for USMB. Sorry, love you guys, but I'm not going to proofread every post six times. But here you go, because you are too lazy to do research...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/06/health/views/06chen.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

A 17-year-old girl named Nataline Sarkisyan was in desperate need of a transplant after receiving aggressive treatment that cured her recurrent leukemia but caused her liver to fail. Without a new organ, she would die in a matter of a days; with one, she had a 65 percent chance of surviving. Her doctors placed her on the liver transplant waiting list...

But even when the perfect liver became available a few days after she was put on the list, doctors could not operate. What made Nataline different from most transplant patients, and what eventually brought her case to the attention of much of the country, was that her survival did not depend on the availability of an organ or her clinicians or even the quality of care she received. It rested on her health insurance company.

Cigna had denied the initial request to cover the costs of the liver transplant. And the insurer persisted in its refusal, claiming that the treatment was “experimental” and unproven, and despite numerous pleas from Nataline’s physicians to the contrary.

But the important thing is a greedy corporation made a profit, which you are fine with.

Moral, sensible people.. not so much.

Forum List

Back