“All I do is help the seniors.” A new low for Paxton?

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
What to know after Texas authorities searched the homes of Latino campaign volunteers

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A series of raids in Texas on the homes of Latino campaign volunteers has outraged civil rights groups who want federal action after officers seized electronics and documents as part of a state investigation into alleged election fraud.

No charges have been filed against those who had their homes searched this month around San Antonio. The targets of the raids, including an 87-year-old campaign volunteer, and their supporters say they did nothing wrong and have called the searches an attempt to suppress Latino voters.

Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, whose office is leading the investigation, has said little beyond confirming that agents executed search warrants.

Martinez, 87, said officers told her they were there because she filed a complaint that seniors weren’t getting their mail ballots. The search warrant ordered officials to confiscate any election-related items.

“They sat me down and they started searching all my house, my store room, my garage, kitchen, everything,” Martinez said at a news conference Monday.

She also said officers interrogated her about others who are associated with LULAC, including Medina.

What to know after Texas authorities searched the homes of Latino campaign volunteers

I suppose these Gestapo-like tactics do serve a purpose. The purpose being to perpetuate the myth of wide spread voter fraud. If they can find a tiny shred of evidence there was wrongdoing going on it will justify, in their minds, more efforts to suppress the vote. Which ultimately is their goal.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A series of raids in Texas on the homes of Latino campaign volunteers has outraged civil rights groups who want federal action after officers seized electronics and documents as part of a state investigation into alleged election fraud.

No charges have been filed against those who had their homes searched this month around San Antonio. The targets of the raids, including an 87-year-old campaign volunteer, and their supporters say they did nothing wrong and have called the searches an attempt to suppress Latino voters.

Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, whose office is leading the investigation, has said little beyond confirming that agents executed search warrants.

Martinez, 87, said officers told her they were there because she filed a complaint that seniors weren’t getting their mail ballots. The search warrant ordered officials to confiscate any election-related items.

“They sat me down and they started searching all my house, my store room, my garage, kitchen, everything,” Martinez said at a news conference Monday.

She also said officers interrogated her about others who are associated with LULAC, including Medina.

I suppose these Gestapo-like tactics do serve a purpose. The purpose being to perpetuate the myth of wide spread voter fraud. If they can find a tiny shred of evidence there was wrongdoing going on it will justify, in their minds, more efforts to suppress the vote. Which ultimately is their goal.
Looks like a massive election fraud investigation is on going…

What were they looking for?

In your head does voter roll maintenance justify harassment of LULAC volunteers?

Over 6,000 of those removed from Texas' voter rolls had felony convictions, 457,000 were deceased, and 463,000 were on the suspense list.

What is the suspense list?

In your head does voter roll maintenance justify harassment of LULAC volunteers?

Over 6,000 of those removed from Texas' voter rolls had felony convictions, 457,000 were deceased, and 463,000 were on the suspense list.
Harassing? A judge found probable cause that they were involved in massive voter fraud conspiracy and issued a search warrant to investigate

I get that demafacist depend on voter fraud to win, and I get investigating it is harassing to you, but it’s still a crime

If they can find a tiny shred of evidence there was wrongdoing going on it will justify
Yes finding a tiny shred of evidence does justify their actions, but it’s clear you are okay with election fraud.
more efforts to suppress the vote. Which ultimately is their goal.
No one’s being suppressed by this, that statement is pure propaganda…

... If they can find a tiny shred of evidence there was wrongdoing going on it will justify, in their minds, more efforts to suppress the vote. Which ultimately is their goal.
Yes. We want to suppress the vote until it’s only… Living, Educated, Informed, Invested, Tax Paying, Employed, Male, US Citizens who live in that district and who haven’t voted anywhere else

Who is Nadia Lathan, and why should I consider her to be credible?

If he turns up election fraud the effort is to be commended. If he doesn't then likely it will get those he opposes riled up and prove counterproductive.

Forum List

Back