ALL MSM networks are doing a terrible job covering shooting

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
Can you possible do this thing any worse?
Hash, rehash, rehash, rehash...replay video 1, then 2...okay let's go back and replay video 1 again.
Let's find every conceivable person who is connected...no matter how small...and let's ask them 8 minutes of questions.
OMG...please talk about something else...anything.

The single biggest problem I have with 24 hour news channels is that they have to fill 24 hours of air time, even when they are reporting in an information vacuum.

As a result, 99 percent of what they report during any ongoing incident is pure bloviation to fill the air with noise to keep their viewers' eyeballs riveted to their channel.

[cue doom music]

MALE ANCHOR: Bullets are flying! Duck and cover your balls! Is this an attack by Mexican Democrats from Chicago? Are the rooftops of New Jersey jammed with celebrating Muslims? Do you have enough rice and water in your bunker to make it through this siege?

LEGGY BLONDE ANCHOR: Bob, Is this a good time for a panty flash?

EXPERT CONSULTANT: Bob, Cathy, I have it on good authority this shooter might have donated money to Hillary Clinton. This is a critical piece of speculation for our confirmation bias machine which needs to be immediately parroted as fact by your viewers as widely and as soon as possible.

Last edited:
CNN is still leading with the fire in London, doing the level-best to bury it without exposing themselves completely as partisan journalism, to whatever extent that is possible.

[cue doom music]

ANCHOR: John, did the shooter use a gun?

FIELD REPORTER: Yes, Dan, he used a gun. A big, noisy bang-bang gun. I hope think it might have been an AR-15.

ANCHOR: Guns sure kill a lot of people, don't they John.

CO-ANCHOR: If you are watching this live coverage, please go to our web site and take our poll we just put up and tell us what kind of gun you think it was.

ANCHOR: How many people have been shot by this one gun, John?

FIELD REPORTER: It's hard to tell with all the confusion and screaming and death in the air, Dan. It's like a combat zone out here right now.

ANCHOR: Is it true the Republican congressman who was shot voted to repeal health care for all Americans?

Hash, rehash, rehash, rehash...replay video 1, then 2...okay let's go back and replay video 1 again.
Let's find every conceivable person who is connected...no matter how small...and let's ask them 8 minutes of questions.

Be happy they are covering it at all, I would have thought with their focus the last few months the coverage would go something like "there was a shooting in VA, the gunmen is dead. In other news, for the 200th day, Donald Trump colluded with Russia. No evidence yet, but take it from us, it happened!"

Be happy they are covering it at all, I would have thought with their focus the last few months the coverage would go something like "there was a shooting in VA, the gunmen is dead. In other news, for the 200th day, Donald Trump colluded with Russia. No evidence yet, but take it from us, it happened!"
It turns out the only person who brought that up was...YOU.

I honestly don't think I have seen anything this bad...obviously this is a BIG story.
But FFS you can't possibly create 10 hours of coverage on an event and have anything that you haven't already talked about 700 times.

Move on...there is other news...when you have something new, report it.

The problem with covering an incident like this in real time is that very little is happening that can be reported as it plays out.

Police are sealing the area and collecting evidence, interviewing witnesses, etc. They're not in a position to make statements until they go through the evidence and figure it all out.

So the news people rehash, speculate, and get a lot of things wrong, all in an effort to avoid dead air time.

The problem with covering an incident like this in real time is that very little is happening that can be reported as it plays out.

Police are sealing the area and collecting evidence, interviewing witnesses, etc. They're not in a position to make statements until they go through the evidence and figure it all out.

So the news people rehash, speculate, and get a lot of things wrong, all in an effort to avoid dead air time.

Or they could move on to other news until they have something to actually say.
This afternoon it was just ridiculous. One of the blonde hotties on CNN's questions was utterly dumb. She was asking a Senator who knows Sacalia (but wasn't there) "what do you think he would think of all this"?.....what the.....how are you supposed to answer that?

CNN is still leading with the fire in London, doing the level-best to bury it without exposing themselves completely as partisan journalism, to whatever extent that is possible.

I have seen posters on this board use the 'Taliban' comparison like this left wing nut job who shot up the place. CNN is culpable

-Geaux

I don't know which is worse. Journalists who claim Trump is responsible for the shooting or the local FBI jerk who can't respond to any questions.

I don't know which is worse. Journalists who claim Trump is responsible for the shooting or the local FBI jerk who can't respond to any questions.

Everyone knows the democrat Crazy Bernie supporting assassin was inspired by the democrat/msm and the democrats themselves yet that FBI Swamp Rat is too scared to state the obvious.

It's easy, get the cash together and start your own news service. Or turn the current ones off just as many do with Faux News, the original and still champion of fake news.

I watched 20 minutes of CNN and they simply couldn't help themselves - had to do 5 stories on the Russian interference with the elections. Gave the latest shooter nothing but a passing mention as he was a Bernie supporter.

Forum List

Back