Almost everyone goes to Hell?

No your assuming that religion was Christianity which it was not...Judaism is older that Christianity because it was an off shoot of Judaism..And no the Apostles were not Jesus trained....Jesus was long gone before the NT was ever dreamed of...300 years after Jesus death. The earliest book Matthew was 35 AD Jesus was 1 AD the only living Apostle that could have possibly seen him alive was John...

Jesus was 33 when he died. The Israelite religion was cut off-Matthew 23:38-39--They have outright refused to do verse39 for over 1950 years. God has always had 1 religion. Jesus brought the truth that began that religion.

Jesus was 33 when he died. The Israelite religion was cut off-Matthew 23:38-39--They have outright refused to do verse 39 for over 1950 years. God has always had 1 religion. Jesus brought the truth that began that religion. In revelation-Jesus speaks to 7 congregations. So yes there is a new religion. And yes it serves the same God Israel served while serving the true God.- a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah).

Jesus was 33 when he died. The Israelite religion was cut off-Matthew 23:38-39--They have outright refused to do verse39 for over 1950 years. God has always had 1 religion. Jesus brought the truth that began that religion.
So? His death is irrelevant at this point...No again, name the religion he started please....Since your trying to prove the Bible with itself please show verse and chapter where he names this religion he started.....

He started no religion but he built a church there is a difference...

Matthew 16:13-20​

A church houses that religion not the other way around...I think you are assuming church as a religion.

And the Jews never accepted Jesus as a savior because according to them he never fulfilled all the Messianic Prophecies....

If there is a God he has to be mighty confused at this point... All these religions assuming they know what he wants..LoL..

I think the only hell that really exists is the one we create for ourselves during our lifetime. Maybe I'm wrong, so be it. But it's a hard sell to believe that I will be consigned to hell for an eternity for not accepting any religion that offers no proof. I am happy for those that do that, good for them.

So? His death is irrelevant at this point...No again, name the religion he started please....Since your trying to prove the Bible with itself please show verse and chapter where he names this religion he started.....

He started no religion but he built a church there is a difference...

Matthew 16:13-20​

A church houses that religion not the other way around...I think you are assuming church as a religion.

And the Jews never accepted Jesus as a savior because according to them he never fulfilled all the Messianic Prophecies....

If there is a God he has to be mighty confused at this point... All these religions assuming they know what he wants..LoL..
He didnt have to name the religion,. It was murdered along with the apostles and followers. The world hates the truth he brought. It exposes their wickedness and false god worship and they do not like it. Its why they murdered Jesus apostles and followers back then. It came back in these last days. Him speaking to 7 congregations in Revelation-proves there is a religion.

I think the only hell that really exists is the one we create for ourselves during our lifetime. Maybe I'm wrong, so be it. But it's a hard sell to believe that I will be consigned to hell for an eternity for not accepting any religion that offers no proof. I am happy for those that do that, good for them.
Hell is a mythological construct created to scare the sheeple into compliance with the church (or) churches doctrine.....A scare tactic of epic proportions..
He didnt have to name the religion,. It was murdered along with the apostles and followers. The world hates the truth he brought. It exposes their wickedness and false god worship and they do not like it. Its why they murdered Jesus apostles and followers back then. It came back in these last days. Him speaking to 7 congregations in Revelation-proves there is a religion.
What religion?You and the other poster say religion but your doing your damnest not to say christianity which was not the case...The 7 churches were just that "churches" THEY WERE NOT RELIGIONS!

Hell is a mythological construct created to scare the sheeple into compliance with the church (or) churches doctrine.....A scare tactic of epic proportions..

What religion?You and the other poster say religion but your doing your damnest not to say christianity which was not the case...The 7 churches were just that "churches" THEY WERE NOT RELIGIONS!

Every building on earth called church that has congregation attending to learn about God is a religion=fact.
You are correct--The false religions claiming to serve Jesus teach a literal hell because they do not know God. The bible is clear about God--God is LOVE. He is a God of Justice--that means-- His justice scales are in perfect balance-- So for 70-100 years of living a unrepented sinful existence, God could not condemn one to-- trillions x trillions x trillions of never ending years of suffering. Only a Sadist( one that lacks love and mercy) would create such a reality. The true living God set before all mankind-Deuteronomy 30:19--LIFE or DEATH --- both will be everlasting.
The symbolism taught in the NT about eternal suffering is this--- As each new day dawns in Gods kingdom, those miss each day, cut off from Gods love forever, it NEVER ends. Likened to be an eternal suffering. The false religions claiming a literal hell-Do not know God.

Every building on earth called church that has congregation attending to learn about God is a religion=fact.
You are correct--The false religions claiming to serve Jesus teach a literal hell because they do not know God. The bible is clear about God--God is LOVE. He is a God of Justice--that means-- His justice scales are in perfect balance-- So for 70-100 years of living a unrepented sinful existence, God could not condemn one to-- trillions x trillions x trillions of never ending years of suffering. Only a Sadist( one that lacks love and mercy) would create such a reality. The true living God set before all mankind-Deuteronomy 30:19--LIFE or DEATH --- both will be everlasting.
The symbolism taught in the NT about eternal suffering is this--- As each new day dawns in Gods kingdom, those miss each day, it NEVER ends. Likened to be an eternal suffering. The false religions claiming a literal hell-Do not know God.
No, not fact! A church is not a religion.....Again your coming up short of claiming Jesus created Christianity...He did not...Neither did the 7 churches create it.....

What Are the Seven Churches of Revelation?​

The short letters in Revelation chapters two and three are addressed to these specific seven churches:
  • Ephesus: The church that had abandoned its first love for Christ (Revelation 2:4).
  • Smyrna: The church that would face severe persecution (Revelation 2:10).
  • Pergamum: The church that needed to repent of sin (Revelation 2:16).
  • Thyatira: The church whose false prophetess was leading people astray (Revelation 2:20).
  • Sardis: The sleeping church that needed to wake up (Revelation 3:2).
  • Philadelphia: The church that had patiently persevered (Revelation 3:10).
  • Laodicea: The church with lukewarm faith (Revelation 3:16).

There were letters addressed to these churches...Agian these are churches not religions...It is assumed they were christian...So, again where does it say explicitly that god or Jesus created a religion? Dispense with all the evangelical bullshit and tell me where a god or Jesus explicitly says I created this religion...You can't because it did not happen...Your trying to say church is a religion its not!

Again your coming up short of claiming Jesus created Christianity...He did not...Neither did the 7 churches create it.....
We are taught "u.r." the Church. The Christian church (faith/religion) are those who believe and follow teachings that came from Christ:
  • Jesus is one with the Father (God)
  • Sins are forgiven/Repentance for the forgiveness of sins
  • Jesus suffered, was crucified, died, and was buried--and rose again on the third day
  • We consume him under the auspices of bread and wine
  • Through our baptism we enter into the Kingdom of God
Christians believe these teachings and events came from Jesus. That is why he is named the founder of our religion. He is the Christ anointed by God with the authority, and for the purpose, of teaching these truths.

were that only true, what need would there be for religion ... and the religions made are as bad as the need that created them.

evil - that entraps and smothers against their will before the innocent is knowledgeable for its presence. and those few who then prevail ... liberation theology is meant for all whether needed or not. what few might be sinless.

were that only true, what need would there be for religion ... and the religions made are as bad as the need that created them.

evil - that entraps and smothers against their will before the innocent is knowledgeable for its presence. and those few who then prevail ... liberation theology is meant for all whether needed or not. what few might be sinless.

First, I don't know jack about liberation theology, maybe I'll look into it.

Second, religions are not all bad. There is a certain comfort in believing that we will be reunited with our loved ones that have already passed on. Maybe it's true and maybe not, but it still gives comfort to many people. I personally cannot condone those who would deny that to anyone else. Beyond that religion instills in most of us a sense of morality that may or may not exist otherwise or be quite as influential. The golden rule has its roots in religion, who would deny that message as a positive one for any society? The fact that so many people do immoral things does not detract from the fact that they know right from wrong. And that immorality is mostly not attributable to religion, but perhaps a lack of religion in some cases. Yes, I know about the Inquisition and the torture that was done in the name of religion, but I do not believe that Christianity absolves such atrocities. We are supposed to love one another, not harm them.

And finally there is the unity that a faith can offer to its followers, especially at times like now when we are so divided. The feeling of being alone and helpless can be assuaged somewhat if you belong to a church and can use their resources. Religions can be as good as the need dictates too.

No, not fact! A church is not a religion.....Again your coming up short of claiming Jesus created Christianity...He did not...Neither did the 7 churches create it.....

What Are the Seven Churches of Revelation?​

The short letters in Revelation chapters two and three are addressed to these specific seven churches:
  • Ephesus: The church that had abandoned its first love for Christ (Revelation 2:4).
  • Smyrna: The church that would face severe persecution (Revelation 2:10).
  • Pergamum: The church that needed to repent of sin (Revelation 2:16).
  • Thyatira: The church whose false prophetess was leading people astray (Revelation 2:20).
  • Sardis: The sleeping church that needed to wake up (Revelation 3:2).
  • Philadelphia: The church that had patiently persevered (Revelation 3:10).
  • Laodicea: The church with lukewarm faith (Revelation 3:16).

There were letters addressed to these churches...Agian these are churches not religions...It is assumed they were christian...So, again where does it say explicitly that god or Jesus created a religion? Dispense with all the evangelical bullshit and tell me where a god or Jesus explicitly says I created this religion...You can't because it did not happen...Your trying to say church is a religion its not!

You can twist it all you want. Jesus trained his apostles to be teachers in his new religion. Even the Israelite religious new it was a new religion Acts 24:5-- For we have found this man a pestilent fellow and stirring up seditions among all the the inhabited earth and a spearhead of the sect( religion) of the Nazarene. As well the Israelite spiritual teachers- said--Its impossible for Jesus and his apostles to be teachers, they did not attend our schools of men.---- One cannot find Gods truth without being taught by the teachers who have Jesus.
A church is a building. Those letters were directed the the members of that building its called-congregation. The correct translation of the Greek word used there.

First, I don't know jack about liberation theology, maybe I'll look into it.

Second, religions are not all bad. There is a certain comfort in believing that we will be reunited with our loved ones that have already passed on. Maybe it's true and maybe not, but it still gives comfort to many people. I personally cannot condone those who would deny that to anyone else. Beyond that religion instills in most of us a sense of morality that may or may not exist otherwise or be quite as influential. The golden rule has its roots in religion, who would deny that message as a positive one for any society? The fact that so many people do immoral things does not detract from the fact that they know right from wrong. And that immorality is mostly not attributable to religion, but perhaps a lack of religion in some cases. Yes, I know about the Inquisition and the torture that was done in the name of religion, but I do not believe that Christianity absolves such atrocities. We are supposed to love one another, not harm them.

And finally there is the unity that a faith can offer to its followers, especially at times like now when we are so divided. The feeling of being alone and helpless can be assuaged somewhat if you belong to a church and can use their resources. Religions can be as good as the need dictates too.

the raving's of indignation -

1639871935233.png

cry us a river ...

I think the only hell that really exists is the one we create for ourselves during our lifetime.

- your denial of reality is all too common and the consequences in most regards self fulfilling. no not everyone's hell is created by themselves in fact few are - and helped along by others. and sanctified by the least vulnerable.

"It takes-Obeying Jesus. Accepting him is a single step-The bible is clear---proof of ones love for Jesus is by obeying him. John 14:15-24). And here is a Fact--Jesus teaches--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God. That means the real teachers of Jesus make 100% sure that is accomplished= OT--NT-- years and years of keep going through the bible. I have been through it quite a few x and one still glean new utterances. When those that do meditate on what they read in that written word. So it never stops in ones lifetime. The teachers who do not make sure this accomplished are the ones called blind guides in the bible-These= 2Cor 11:12-15--- its easy to see by that single teaching from Jesus--every true follower does just as Jesus teaches and the teachers that have him make sure of it. If you arent being taught this Fact allready-RUN FROM THEM."
Do you believe that justification is by faith alone? In other words, do you believe that God declares a person to be righteous solely on the basis of his faith in the deity, sinless life, atoning death, and resurrection of Christ? See John 3:16-18, John 5:24, John 6:47, John 11:23-26, Acts 10:43, Acts 16:30-31, Romans 3:19-4:8, Romans 6:23, Romans 10:9-11, Romans 11:5-6, Galatians 2:15-16, Ephesians 2:8-9, and Titus 3:4-7.

"I think the only hell that really exists is the one we create for ourselves during our lifetime. Maybe I'm wrong, so be it. But it's a hard sell to believe that I will be consigned to hell for an eternity for not accepting any religion that offers no proof. I am happy for those that do that, good for them."
If Jesus had not risen from the dead and appeared to his followers, it is very unlikely that the Christian faith would have survived after the crucifixion of Christ.

Do you believe that justification is by faith alone? In other words, do you believe that God declares a person to be righteous solely on the basis of his faith in the deity, sinless life, atoning death, and resurrection of Christ? See John 3:16-18, John 5:24, John 6:47, John 11:23-26, Acts 10:43, Acts 16:30-31, Romans 3:19-4:8, Romans 6:23, Romans 10:9-11, Romans 11:5-6, Galatians 2:15-16, Ephesians 2:8-9, and Titus 3:4-7.
Yes Faith backed by works. James teaches Faith without works is Dead--means ones faith is valueless without works behind it. So faith and works work hand in hand.

It depends on which faith you look at. Some sects beleive that only those who follow their sect go to heaven. Others believe that even nonchristians can get in if they led good lives. The Universals believe that all souls eventually reconcile with god.

There are a surprising number of Christians who beleive that simply asking forgiveness grants it. God only forgivethose who actually repent. Hell is full of jerkoffs who thought they could live their lives being peices of shit, and gives a little prayer befor they died, asking forgieness, without actually being sorry for the things they've done, and still get into heaven.

There are a surprising number of Christians who beleive that simply asking forgiveness grants it. God only forgivethose who actually repent. Hell is full of jerkoffs who thought they could live their lives being peices of shit, and gives a little prayer befor they died, asking forgieness, without actually being sorry for the things they've done, and still get into heaven.
Repentence is the stopping of the doing of a sin. Repentence gets sin blotted out-Acts3:19)
All sin still though--They do not do these-1Corinthians 6:9-11, Galations 5:19-21--Paul used the word-spiritism--the Greek word=Farmacia-drugs
A follower of Jesus are not anyones judge, Name calling is immature, shows a lack of love.

Forum List

Back