Am I a american online frat boy?

No... a "Frat Boy" is a college student who is a member of a Fraternity. It isn't someone that pays for a membership in what is probably an online scam.

I think that Mortimer is looking for approval and self esteem on this board.

Hey Mortimer, self esteem is something you earn by doing esteemable things yourself. It's pretty much in the term.

In other words, learn to act correct, and people will treat you correctly, don't try to make them like you.

And yes, acting correct means many different things, to many different groups of people. In my world, looking someone directly in the eyes when you talk to them is a sign of respect. In other circles, looking someone in the eye is a sign of aggression.

If I look you in the eyes when we are face to face, that means I respect your opinion. If I look away, or roll my eyes, it means I don't.

Im not looking particularly for approval. I wake up drink a coffee and beat some time. As I dont work or have friends it is a way for me to do something and communicate. I wouldnt have otherwise communication or a task. My task and hobby if you want is posting online, Im also on facebook, twitter, make youtube videos that is my task. Im not particularly looking for approval but it is nice if I get it as well, because who wants disrespect and disapproval do you think that is something someone wants?

Me? Never looked for approval, just wanted to do my job in the Navy. Interestingly enough, just doing my job the way I thought it should be done earned me many letters of commendation, as well as 3 Navy Achievement Medals, all signed by Commodores and Admirals.

You wake up and "beat time"? What does that mean? You stroke off after your first cup of coffee? And a "task" isn't something that you look to do, it's something you have to do. If you do it because you enjoy doing it and it doesn't cost you much in the terms of effort, then it's a hobby, as you enjoy doing it.

As far as disapproval? I like it when people tell me that I've done something wrong so I can correct it. If I learn from the mistakes that I get disapproval from and learn to do it right, I get respect.

Respect is earned, not given, nor is it something you can get by posting a whole bunch of crap on the internet.

I'm impressed that you got letters of commendation from The Commodores. Was that before Lionel Richey went on his own, or after?

No... a "Frat Boy" is a college student who is a member of a Fraternity. It isn't someone that pays for a membership in what is probably an online scam.

What do you think a fraternity is? People paying other people to be their friends.

It depends. I was friends with a group of a Greek Frat and it was nothing like that. They were all literally Greeks from around the Cleveland area all of whom went to The Ohio State University. I became friends with them through my cousin who was also going to school there. We partied with them almost weekly. Great people and it was like family, not some money sucking business.

What do you think a fraternity is? People paying other people to be their friends.

It depends. I was friends with a group of a Greek Frat and it was nothing like that. They were all literally Greeks from around the Cleveland area all of whom went to The Ohio State University. I became friends with them through my cousin who was also going to school there. We partied with them almost weekly. Great people and it was like family, not some money sucking business.

If you were a member of that fraternity, you paid some money.

If you were a member of that fraternity, you paid some money.

No I wasn't a member, it was for Greeks. Me and my cousin were pretty much just honorary members. I even played in their basketball league at the local Greek church. They were all great guys, except for one of my cousin's roommates who was a huge weed dealer (RIP).

It looks like a student organisation to as well. Thats why I came up with that in mind. But Yes, thanks for explaining. You also need a pledge I guess and to join a fraternity. And someone told me fraternities are secular.
To get a better understanding of what a frat boy is in America, watch the classic comedy movie Animal House.

Hey Mortimer, self esteem is something you earn by doing esteemable things yourself. It's pretty much in the term.

In other words, learn to act correct, and people will treat you correctly, don't try to make them like you.

And yes, acting correct means many different things, to many different groups of people. In my world, looking someone directly in the eyes when you talk to them is a sign of respect. In other circles, looking someone in the eye is a sign of aggression.

If I look you in the eyes when we are face to face, that means I respect your opinion. If I look away, or roll my eyes, it means I don't.

Im not looking particularly for approval. I wake up drink a coffee and beat some time. As I dont work or have friends it is a way for me to do something and communicate. I wouldnt have otherwise communication or a task. My task and hobby if you want is posting online, Im also on facebook, twitter, make youtube videos that is my task. Im not particularly looking for approval but it is nice if I get it as well, because who wants disrespect and disapproval do you think that is something someone wants?

Me? Never looked for approval, just wanted to do my job in the Navy. Interestingly enough, just doing my job the way I thought it should be done earned me many letters of commendation, as well as 3 Navy Achievement Medals, all signed by Commodores and Admirals.

You wake up and "beat time"? What does that mean? You stroke off after your first cup of coffee? And a "task" isn't something that you look to do, it's something you have to do. If you do it because you enjoy doing it and it doesn't cost you much in the terms of effort, then it's a hobby, as you enjoy doing it.

As far as disapproval? I like it when people tell me that I've done something wrong so I can correct it. If I learn from the mistakes that I get disapproval from and learn to do it right, I get respect.

Respect is earned, not given, nor is it something you can get by posting a whole bunch of crap on the internet.

I'm impressed that you got letters of commendation from The Commodores. Was that before Lionel Richey went on his own, or after?

Commodore is the rank just below Rear Admiral.

That was a joke. I knew when I posted it that it wasn't a good joke, but I didn't know it was so bad till it wouldn't be recognized as a joke. I'll label the more questionable ones in the future.

That was a joke. I knew when I posted it that it wasn't a good joke, but I didn't know it was so bad till it wouldn't be recognized as a joke. I'll label the more questionable ones in the future.

The reason that it fell flat as a joke is because there are those on here who are stupid enough to think I was lying because I said Commodore, and then would use that "joke" as a way to denigrate my service and call it into question.

The reason that it fell flat as a joke is because there are those on here who are stupid enough to think I was lying because I said Commodore, and then would use that "joke" as a way to denigrate my service and call it into question.

Damn buddy. Calm down. It was just a silly joke.

Im member of a catholic organisation, an american catholic organisation. Their website is called "america needs fatima". I pay mothly 7 $ and Im a member of their pogramme "St.Michaels Sword". I will receive a downloadable St.Michael Screensaver, a St.Michael Medal and Daily Prayers for me. Does that mean Im a "frat boy"?

Skrill card payment at AMERICA NEEDS FATIMA
September 10, 2020 9:29 AM
- 6.19 EUR

Their student organisation also follows me on Twitter.
View attachment 388805

Mortimer, I seem to have got you wrong when first reading your threads.
I now see you are perhaps the most original, inventive & entertaining guys on the boards. Never afraid to put yourself up on cam and expose your unique persona.

Don't really have 'frat boys' here but I suppose there a bit like 'Bullingdon boys' Boris Johnson is a BB. He's Greek, has a rich daddy and went to Eton College.

Anyway I have written a song for you that I thought you might be able to perform it.

.Svetlana Stole My Satellite Dish.

My cottage in Transylvania is high up in the forest

It gets very cold at night since my wife died she woz called Doris.

Days are hard just choppin' wood, when one night there came a knocking.

Standing there, with bright red hair, suspender belts n stockings.

Svetlana said she needed food and bed and could I offer lodgings.

We soon became so very close till then she had a baby

She said she needed have a jab too make sure she wasn't rabid.

We haven't seen her for two years, and my telly's acting crazy.

Svetlana stole my satellite dish......... AND she thinks it is our baby.

Na na na na na na
Na na na na na na

Svetlana stole my satellite dishhhhhhhhhhhhh and she thinks it is our baby.

Copyright OZ.

What do you think?

You will need to dress in Transylvania, huntsman garb.
Think hairy Ruski looking hat, coat with thick black belt & buckle with a big axe to complete the look.

Or you could just Google Transylvania Huntsman Images.

I think a kind of Pavarotti style of singing.

I have offered the song to Tony Benet. Axl Rose, Elton John and Susan Boyle without success.

I'm now thinking you'd be a much more suitable artist.

I once wrote a song for Joe Cocker before he died....so I have some pedigree.

Anyway Mort, This could be your big break - we need to think Viral.

Let me know OZ.

Im member of a catholic organisation, an american catholic organisation. Their website is called "america needs fatima". I pay mothly 7 $ and Im a member of their pogramme "St.Michaels Sword". I will receive a downloadable St.Michael Screensaver, a St.Michael Medal and Daily Prayers for me. Does that mean Im a "frat boy"?

- 6.19 EUR

View attachment 388805

I now see you are perhaps the most original, inventive & entertaining guys on the boards. Never afraid to put yourself up on cam and expose your unique persona.

Don't really have 'frat boys' here but I suppose there a bit like 'Bullingdon boys' Boris Johnson is a BB. He's Greek, has a rich daddy and went to Eton College.

Anyway I have written a song for you that I thought you might be able to perform it.

Na na na na na na
Na na na na na na

Copyright OZ.

What do you think?

Think hairy Ruski looking hat, coat with thick black belt & buckle with a big axe to complete the look.

I have offered the song to Tony Benet. Axl Rose, Elton John and Susan Boyle without success.

Let me know OZ.
Mort i'm surprised we haven't heard from you by now, only you usually are well posted by this time of day.

O maybe your still thinking about my song......don't mean to be pushy but I've got artists knocking my doors down trying to get hold.

Suppose it might take a bit of time to get to grips with the nuanced lyrics........ or your just in shock?

Keep truckin OZ

- 6.19 EUR

View attachment 388805

Na na na na na na
Na na na na na na

Copyright OZ.

What do you think?

Let me know OZ.

I'm a high class song writer too. I've written songs for Tony Bennett and Paul McCartney. Unfortunately, neither of their record companies ever got back with me, and neither of them ever sang those songs. My best song was a ballad called "My baby, He's a Good Old Girl" Perhaps you've heard it.

- 6.19 EUR

View attachment 388805

Na na na na na na
Na na na na na na

Copyright OZ.

What do you think?

Let me know OZ.

I'm a high class song writer too. I've written songs for Tony Bennett and Paul McCartney. Unfortunately, neither of their record companies ever got back with me, and neither of them ever sang those songs. My best song was a ballad called "My baby, He's a Good Old Girl" Perhaps you've heard it.
No, but I would be very interested to read the lyrics. Yea sounds very Elton'ish and would go down well with the new age '100 sexual identity's to choose or yu just aint normal' L&GTV folk who are apparently cool & in vogue!

Forum List

Back