Amazing

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxstvn9JwT4]Amazing: Firefighter rescues an entire family from drowning - YouTube[/ame]

We should praise him for his heroism, not look for reasons to discredit his actions. Thank you, Tank.

I am not discrediting him. He did a great job! Dude didn't hesitate one second. I was just wondering why the camera. And yes, they DO practice sessions. Although the folks he pulled to safety didn't look like actors.
Anyone have a link to the story of how this came to be? Did their boat sink or were they caught in a rip tide?
Kudos to the guy that pulled them ashore..all alive. But....why the camera???

On the youtube vid:

Published on Mar 5, 2014
Fire Department's Marcelo dos Santos, managed to record an impressive scene with his camera, in White Beach, Bertioga. A family of five was swept away to deep waters and started drowning.

I am not discrediting him. He did a great job! Dude didn't hesitate one second. I was just wondering why the camera. And yes, they DO practice sessions. Although the folks he pulled to safety didn't look like actors.
Anyone have a link to the story of how this came to be? Did their boat sink or were they caught in a rip tide?
Kudos to the guy that pulled them ashore..all alive. But....why the camera???

First Responders often have cameras now for various reasons including liability "You broke my arm saving my life!" type stuff usually, as well as for evidence reasons. Cameras can be the diameter of a pencil nowadays and fit unobtrusively anywhere on someone's uniform.

Forum List

Back