🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

America is not a Judeo Christian Country

The 7 to 1 vote that was taken Tuesday afternoon to ax all religious holidays from the Montgomery County Schools 2015-2016 calendar came after Muslim leaders urged officials to add Eid al-Adha, an Islamic holiday, to the school schedule,

School District Bans Christmas Easter and Jewish Holidays From Calendar Following Debate Over Muslim Request TheBlaze.com

The initial battle started when the Jews tried to get Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur added to the calendar.

I love it. Take it all out. This is not a Christian nation or a Judeo Christian nation or a judeo christian muslim nation. Otherwise we want a National Atheist Day off every year.
Islam and Muslims has a name for you, Useful tool
and you don't even care you are helping Rip this country apart.
foolish sheep/tools in this country will be our doom

No offense intended but I'm a Christian and I have to agree with Sealeybobo on this one. America used to be a Christian nation. It no longer is. It's time we all put on the full armor. The fight between Christians and the spirit world has begun to rage. This forum is testimony to the influence the demonic realm is imposing and to its recruitment of disciples each passing day. Christ mused as to whether he would find any faith on earth upon His return. He may not, the way it's headed.
It's not that bad. Every time I go to Mass, the pews are full. The collapse of Christianity has been overrated. The secularist media is lying.

Bullshit. There use to be 20 Greek Orthodox churches in Metro Detroit and now there are maybe 6? Sure the pews are full. So are the classrooms in Detroit because they closed half the schools because of $.

Even as the election of a new Pope in Rome dominated the day's news, researchers at the University of California, Berkeley, and Duke University reported that Americans are increasingly "parting ways" with religion.

Americans less religious than ever says UC Berkeley-Duke study - San Francisco Business Times

Sure your church won't disappear in your lifetime, maybe... Maybe your kids will go like you go but from the way things look, they aren't. The younger generation isn't going to church and many more than ever before say they don't believe in god.

Don't worry, this means our society is getting smarter.

The 7 to 1 vote that was taken Tuesday afternoon to ax all religious holidays from the Montgomery County Schools 2015-2016 calendar came after Muslim leaders urged officials to add Eid al-Adha, an Islamic holiday, to the school schedule,

School District Bans Christmas Easter and Jewish Holidays From Calendar Following Debate Over Muslim Request TheBlaze.com

The initial battle started when the Jews tried to get Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur added to the calendar.

I love it. Take it all out. This is not a Christian nation or a Judeo Christian nation or a judeo christian muslim nation. Otherwise we want a National Atheist Day off every year.

No offense intended but I'm a Christian and I have to agree with Sealeybobo on this one. America used to be a Christian nation. It no longer is. It's time we all put on the full armor. The fight between Christians and the spirit world has begun to rage. This forum is testimony to the influence the demonic realm is imposing and to its recruitment of disciples each passing day. Christ mused as to whether he would find any faith on earth upon His return. He may not, the way it's headed.
It's not that bad. Every time I go to Mass, the pews are full. The collapse of Christianity has been overrated. The secularist media is lying.

In 2012, one in five people surveyed claimed no religious preference -- that's double the number who said that as recently as 1990. And religious affiliation in the United States is at its lowest point since researchers began tracking it in the 1930s

Back in 1972, only 5 percent of Americans in the survey said they had no affiliation with an organized religion. By 1990, 8 percent said so. But in 2012 that jumped to 20 percent.

Religious institutions themselves have lost their legitimacy in the eyes of many Americans due to sexual and financial scandals, or political overreaching "by the so-called Christian right,"

In the nationwide survey, liberals and conservatives were quite different in their replies, with 40 percent of liberals claiming "no religion" versus just 9 percent of conservatives.

And although people living in the Midwest and the South were still the most religious, Hout said those regions are catching up to the less religious West, Northeast and Mountain states.

Back in 1972, only 5 percent of Americans in the survey said they had no affiliation with an organized religion. By 1990, 8 percent said so. But in 2012 that jumped to 20 percent.

It's because it has become a trendy "in vogue" thing to run around bashing Christians and denouncing God. Trends come and go. Religions come and go. But human spiritual awareness has always been with us and will always be with us. You are no closer to wiping that out than the Soviets were.

I imagine if we did another poll in 2016 and found the number was down to 10%, you'd immediately claim polls don't matter. Or you'd run find another poll which supported whatever you are promoting. And that's the problem with polls in debates, they don't really mean anything other than the person presenting them has an agenda.

I really don't like the idea of throwing out all religious holidays. Does the article mentions why the school board over-reacted?

My idea of secularism is tolerance without subordination to anyone religion. Not exclusion of all religions. That reeks of intolerance, IMHO.

In 1950, no one would admit to a pollster that he was not affiliated with a church. But now, the stigma of not going to church is gone. My guess is, the numbers only reflect what people tell pollsters, not reality.

This is not a Christian nation or a Judeo Christian nation or a judeo christian muslim nation.

Our Constitution prevents us from being a Theocracy of any kind. However, the founding principles on which our Constitution and country was conceived, is certainly rooted in Judeo-Christian principle, and to deny that is to deny who/what we are as a nation. The principle that "All Men are Created Equal" is not secular. The "secular" objective view would be, no man is equal to another, we all have strengths and weaknesses and only the strongest shall survive.

This is interesting because it seems to coincide with the liberal progressive belief that we must constantly lift up the weak and beat down the strong to make things "fair" in life. A proposition that can never be fully realized, from a purely objective perspective. (Utopianism)

"All men are created equal" was a crock of crap. All rich white men maybe. But not non-white men, women, natives, or poor people.

"All men are created equal" was a crock of crap. All rich white men maybe. But not non-white men, women, natives, or poor people.

Well, but as it turns out it wasn't a crock of crap because this has been the foundational basis for 'equal rights' in America. In the memoirs of Frederick Douglass, he makes this valid point. He once thought the Constitution was a "crock of crap" as well, but then he realized the brilliance in what it actually lays the foundation for. Freedom.

Well, but as it turns out it wasn't a crock of crap because this has been the foundational basis for 'equal rights' in America. In the memoirs of Frederick Douglass, he makes this valid point. He once thought the Constitution was a "crock of crap" as well, but then he realized the brilliance in what it actually lays the foundation for. Freedom.

Ya that three-fifths part was especially brilliant.

Ya that three-fifths part was especially brilliant.

Yes, and at the time, women couldn't even vote. Still, the foundation for women's rights and civil rights are right there in the founding documents and the premise of "all men created equal." To say this was a "crock of crap" is ignoring these facts of history. Without it, we may have never overcome the injustices you've mentioned.

Us Atheists don't like you Christians much more than we do Muslims. So in America everyone has the freedom to be stupid any way they want, as long as it isn't bothering the rest of us.

I saw a piece on this radical Muslim causing trouble in England. If I were England that guy would disappear and never be heard from again.

But if you are going to have Xmas on the government/city calendar and then you're going to add Rashashana then you gotta add the Muslim holidays and Atheist events.

We aren't ripping this country apart, you are. It was Reagan/GW Bush who used religion to con over stupid middle class and poor voters. Its a wedge issue the rich use to divide the middle class and even win over poor people who should not be voting GOP for economic reasons. Only social issues.

You guys need to go back to keeping your religions to yourselves. See what problems it causes when you broadcast your religious beliefs? But I/we never do that to theists in our real lives because they keep that shit to themselves.

This is just a discussion I like having on USMB. I don't argue about this stuff with friends. What are the two things you don't talk about? Religion and Politics.

Atheism isn't a religion, but you want it added into a calendar along with other religions.

Derrrr.

They should have added the holiday to the school's calendar if there were a decent population of muslims. If not, then no --- those few muslims can remove themselves from school for the day.

Taking out all references to religious holidays was dumb, imo. Our public school has referred to Christmas and Easter breaks as 'winter' and 'spring' since forever. Kids get off for Jewish holidays but I don't think there's a very big Jewish population where I live.

Forum List

Back