America isn't prepared to deal with crime.

That will never succeed as the cartels deliberately oversupply the market to cover their losses. Although finishing the wall would help.

Regarding fentanyl (the really bad stuff) addicts and users are well aware of the danger. Enter the Darwin Effect.
Sure it would if we'd ever treat, "The War on Drugs" like an actual war.

There's three prongs:

One-aimed at the cartels directly on their home turf.

Two-Secure our damned border.

Three-Label our gangs who distribute the dope in the US as the terrorist organizations that they are and eliminate them.

Actually it does, they don't have a constant stream of immigrants from all over the world coming in to the country every day. They also have essentially a pure culture with a thousand year history of working together for their common survival.

"Diversity" is not a benefit in such times.
There has never been a period in our nations history when we didn’t have immigrants from all over the world. Read up on Ellis Island.

The bother constant is small minded idiots blaming the immigrants for whatever ills were perceived.

The Irish were shunned and isolated because people said they were a bunch of drunken thugs and criminals. Guess who made up the lions share of law enforcement a few decades later?

I could go on, and on, and it wouldn’t matter. You believe your ideals. Just as those before believed. We are supposed to learn from their mistakes, not emulate the errors.

Sure, law enforcement and particularly border enforcement because that's where most of the really bad stuff is coming from.

Dry up the supply and you'll dry up a whole lot of addicts.

It hasn’t worked in fifty years. But this time. I swear it is going to work.

Sure it would if we'd ever treat, "The War on Drugs" like an actual war.

There's three prongs:

One-aimed at the cartels directly on their home turf.

Three-Label our gangs who distribute the dope in the US as the terrorist organizations that they are and eliminate them.

Ok. Let’s take the easy one first. You do realize the drug gangs outnumber both the cops and the military don’t you? How many casualties are you prepared to accept?

We need millions more prison beds.

Part of preparing for war is the production of body bags and coffins, in anticipation of many deaths. We need to prepare the logistics for the war on crime by provide more prison space for the millions that need to be arrested and incarcerated.

We need to quit filling those bed with those people for smoking pot or other such stupid stuff.

We have the highest Incarceration rates in the world and the largest prison population of any country.

The last thing we need are more prisons, we just need to use them more wisely.

I agree with these two. Drugs gangs are guilty of racketeering and could be prosecuted under the R.I.C.O. law.

We need to quit filling those bed with those people for smoking pot or other such stupid stuff.
No prison if they reveal their dealer.
We have the highest Incarceration rates in the world and the largest prison population of any country.
We are a large country. Of course we will have lots of people in prison.
The last thing we need are more prisons, we just need to use them more wisely.
I can agree with that. Actually my plan calls for more secure facilities for addicts. Much cheaper than prisons.

This is why addicts should be detained.

Last edited:
No prison if they reveal their dealer.

or just a user with "too much" on his person.

We are a large country. Of course we will have lots of people in prison.

China and India are bigger and we have almost as many as they do combined. And no industrialized nation comes close to our rate per 1000 people

I can agree with that. Actually my plan calls for more secure facilities for addicts. Much cheaper than prisons.

Why should being an addict be against the law? Do you also wish to put alcoholics in the same place as the addicts?

or just a user with "too much" on his person.
That would be a dealer.
China and India are bigger and we have almost as many as they do combined. And no industrialized nation comes close to our rate per 1000 people
Apples and oranges.
Why should being an addict be against the law? Do you also wish to put alcoholics in the same place as the addicts?

It's what they do to fund their addiction that is the problem. Alcoholics are also addicts, yes. Drug addicts and users fund the entire illegal drug business, causing $billions to be spent on drug/law enforcement. Detain the users and addicts and the money dries up. Individual drug users and addicts can spend tens of thousands on drugs each year.

Last edited:
That would be a dealer.

No, it would be someone that bought enough they did not need to go back to the dealer for a month

Apples and oranges.

Not really.

Drug addicts and users fund the entire illegal drug business, causing $billions to be spent on drug/law enforcement

If we did not make stupid drug laws, then law enforcement would not need to be spending that money. Every dime spent on controlling pot is a total waste of money for the Govt.

Detain the users and addicts and the money dries up. Individual drug users and addicts can spend tens of thousands on drugs each year.

Which they should have the freedom to do just like people are free to spend tens of thousands on booze each year or tens of thousands on gambling each year.

If we did not make stupid drug laws, then law enforcement would not need to be spending that money. Every dime spent on controlling pot is a total waste of money for the Govt.
The point is to control people's behavior.
Which they should have the freedom to do just like people are free to spend tens of thousands on booze each year or tens of thousands on gambling each year.
That's fine, as long as it's their own money. Stealing from others doesn't make it your money.

Cutting down metal streetlight poles and selling them for scrap to pay for drugs isn't good either. ;)

Except for the murders addicts and users do far more damage than dealers do. Why give them a pass?

The point is to control people's behavior.

Yes. I do not think that is the job of the Govt unless that behavior is doing direct harm to someone else.

That's fine, as long as it's their own money. Stealing from others doesn't make it your money.

Then put them in jail for theft.

Except for the murders addicts and users do far more damage than dealers do. Why give them a pass?

Arrest them for doing those crimes. If an addict is not doing those things then they should not be punished by the Govt

Yes. I do not think that is the job of the Govt unless that behavior is doing direct harm to someone else.

Arrest them for doing those crimes. If an addict is not doing those things then they should not be punished by the Govt

Indirect is just as harmful. Addicts are 'accessories' to crime.
Easier to catch them using illegal drugs. Many sell sex, and spread disease, to pay for their habit.
They are guilty of knowingly purchasing a controlled substance. If I knowingly buy a stolen TV I'm as guilty as the thief.

Last edited:
Indirect is just as harmful. Addicts are 'accessories' to crime.

Easier to catch them using illegal drugs. Many sell sex, and spread disease, to pay for their habit.

They are guilty of knowingly purchasing a controlled substance. If I knowingly buy a stolen TV I'm as guilty as the thief.

They are guilty of a crime that should not be a crime, that is my point. Someone smoking pot in their living room is not harming anyone.

I suppose we will just have to disagree on the purpose and responsibility of the government. You are far more authoritarian than I am

They are guilty of a crime that should not be a crime, that is my point. Someone smoking pot in their living room is not harming anyone.
Sure, if they grew it themselves, and no one else is in the living room to breathe the smoke.
I suppose we will just have to disagree on the purpose and responsibility of the government. You are far more authoritarian than I am
Firm authority when needed.

Forum List

Back