American and European dance bands and vocalists from the 1920s 1930s and 1940s.....

The Artie Shaw Orchestra: It had to be you 1960s

Joe Loss & His Band - You Go To My Head - 1938

My Heart Belongs To Daddy - The Joe Loss Orchestra

love it love it!:mm:

Louis Prima - Night Train

Artie Shaw And His Orchestra - You Can Tell She Comes From Dixie

Bing Sings "It's the Natural Thing To Do"

Eleanor Powell - Boogie Woogie 1943:dance:

This is not dance music necessarily but very interesting historically as far as American music, illustrating the strong connection between classical and jazz. The great Leonard Bernstein discusses Charles Ives who wrote a 1906 classic, The Cage. Most chords in Western music is built on diatonic 3rds. The Cage features chords built on 4ths. This fascinated the great jazz horn player John Coltrane and other jazz greats who incorporated the concept into their music.

This is not dance music necessarily but very interesting historically as far as American music, illustrating the strong connection between classical and jazz. The great Leonard Bernstein discusses Charles Ives who wrote a 1906 classic, The Cage. Most chords in Western music is built on diatonic 3rds. The Cage features chords built on 4ths. This fascinated the great John Coltrane and other jazz greats who incorporated the concept into their music.

Leonard Bernstein was amazing!

Thank you for posting! :thup:

The Beatles loved "Honey Pie" from the 1930s..... they recorded a version....I love The Beatles and I love honey pie :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

before I go....

This is a cover of The Beatles song recorded for their White Album record in 1968..
Good easy listening tune for your enjoyment.

love love love :mm: love love love :biggrin:

Honey Pie by The Pasadena Roof Orchestra

it's all about love and the beautiful things in life ....music is!:biggrin:

my opinion only of course.:dunno:

only the late 50s or early 60s... in America...... so beautiful

Bobby Darin - You're Mine

Forum List

Back