🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

An accidental death, a fatal retaliation rips apart 2 Milwaukee families

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
(CNN) - A 2-year-old boy, attending a birthday party in Milwaukee, ran into a street and on to the path of a van -- setting off a tragic chain of events that has ripped two families apart.

An accidental death a fatal retaliation rips apart 2 Milwaukee families - CNN.com

Gun violence is America's new problem - one among many. Though it is not about guns, I believe. Don't you think that gun violence and violence in general stem from one source while the gun itself becomes just a deadly tool in hands of a deprived and often abnormal person. The problem cannot be fixed with stricter gun legislation - psychos will find a way to murder anyways. We need a complex, multifaceted solution that will embrace all aspects of gun related violence in the US.
Do you believe it is possible to do so?

You could try to teach people that there is no right to commit crimes. But that would be racist.

(CNN) - A 2-year-old boy, attending a birthday party in Milwaukee, ran into a street and on to the path of a van -- setting off a tragic chain of events that has ripped two families apart.

An accidental death a fatal retaliation rips apart 2 Milwaukee families - CNN.com

Gun violence is America's new problem - one among many. Though it is not about guns, I believe. Don't you think that gun violence and violence in general stem from one source while the gun itself becomes just a deadly tool in hands of a deprived and often abnormal person. The problem cannot be fixed with stricter gun legislation - psychos will find a way to murder anyways. We need a complex, multifaceted solution that will embrace all aspects of gun related violence in the US.
Very sad story, as most of them are. But, it's not guns that we should blame. This was anger, rage, emotional trauma, grief, sorrow, and almost any emotion that you can imagine. It was partially impulse, partially mental lapse, and a lot of uncalled for revenge. This story is not the usual "gun" story that we hear, and often associate with "gun violence". This was a terrible tragedy where it was believed that using a gun was the answer, and the solution. My heart is heavy for both families, and we should all learn from this. Emotions are very powerful, and left unchecked, can and will produce regrettable consequences.

This story is in no way indicative of gun violence, rather a story of impulsive action taken in a moment of great sorrow and grief. In this particular case, the absence of a gun might have saved lives, but we can't know that for sure. If no one had a gun, chances are that the 2 year old would have been the only one that was killed. The loss of a child is emotionally devastating, trust me, I know first hand. We don't know the mental state of the shooter, nor do we know the intensity and depth of pain the shooter felt at the time the child was struck and killed by the van. This story should not be used by those advocating strict gun control.

How is gun violence a new problem when it's at a 20 year low?

How are guns responsible for moray decay?

Is it written anywhere in my post guns are responsible for moral decay? The answer is no. Moral decay is happening by itself. As a result though thousands people get killed annually by someone who simply had access to guns. Don't tell me you could not make the logic connection by yourself.

Very sad story, as most of them are. But, it's not guns that we should blame. This was anger, rage, emotional trauma, grief, sorrow, and almost any emotion that you can imagine. It was partially impulse, partially mental lapse, and a lot of uncalled for revenge. This story is not the usual "gun" story that we hear, and often associate with "gun violence". This was a terrible tragedy where it was believed that using a gun was the answer, and the solution. My heart is heavy for both families, and we should all learn from this. Emotions are very powerful, and left unchecked, can and will produce regrettable consequences.

This story is in no way indicative of gun violence, rather a story of impulsive action taken in a moment of great sorrow and grief. In this particular case, the absence of a gun might have saved lives, but we can't know that for sure. If no one had a gun, chances are that the 2 year old would have been the only one that was killed. The loss of a child is emotionally devastating, trust me, I know first hand. We don't know the mental state of the shooter, nor do we know the intensity and depth of pain the shooter felt at the time the child was struck and killed by the van. This story should not be used by those advocating strict gun control.

This story is indicative of gun violence simply because a man has been shot. Period. Again, I am not proposing a ban on weapons in the US as it would violate our Constitution given rights but a number of reasonable limitations is clearly necessary. Too many people die 'accidentally' thanks to guns each year.

Is it written anywhere in my post guns are responsible for moral decay? The answer is no. Moral decay is happening by itself. As a result though thousands people get killed annually by someone who simply had access to guns. Don't tell me you could not make the logic connection by yourself.
There's no logic to it. Society doesn't decay on its' own. Blaming inanimate objects is just an excuse to avoid he real problem.

This story is indicative of gun violence simply because a man has been shot. Period. Again, I am not proposing a ban on weapons in the US as it would violate our Constitution given rights but a number of reasonable limitations is clearly necessary. Too many people die 'accidentally' thanks to guns each year.
Many people more die accidentally from autos but we still sell them to the public.

We have reasonable limitations on guns now but some unreasonable ones, depending on where you live. I want to keep things reasonable here.

There's no logic to it. Society doesn't decay on its' own. Blaming inanimate objects is just an excuse to avoid he real problem.

So what's the real problem and how to address it?

Seriously?

Every day is a brand new day.

Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment.

Long term (life long) mental health facilities.

Prison.

These threads always leave me feeling as if they are never about solutions. They simply serve to promote gun ownership. The actual incident, the circumstances surrounding it, have been occurring forever. Accidental death, retribution.

Every day is a brand new day.

Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment.

Long term (life long) mental health facilities.

Prison.

These threads always leave me feeling as if they are never about solutions. They simply serve to promote gun ownership. The actual incident, the circumstances surrounding it, have been occurring forever. Accidental death, retribution.
Defend gun ownership.

The problem is moral decay. Stealing our guns won't fix it.

As a gun owner and a supporter of the NRA, I will say with certainty that some people should not own guns.

It makes it too easy for some yahoo to kill someone the minute that he loses his head in an argument. No, removing the right to posses firearms is not the answer, but I read stuff like this and it makes me wonder how some people would even want to own as gun in the first place.

Where's the "logic"? People have been getting murdered for millennia. You think access to weapons is the issue? I think you need to think a bit more on the subject.

That's being overly simplistic. How do we address the fact so many people are murdered by hand guns? Are we just supposed to blame society and that's the end of it?

Regulate doctors better. They kill WAY more people (120,000 compared to 9,000) than guns do, and there are 300 million firearms and only 800,000 doctors.

Forum List

Back