And now it starts. Congress should legalize cannabis now—for the economy and for social justice

Drugs are regulated at both the state and federal level. I think it's time for Congress to wake up and smell the coffee. The continued federal criminalization of marijuana no longer serves a good purpose and should be ended immediately.

The benefit would be that marijuana businesses could put their money in the bank and fully join the legal economy.

Why would they want to do that? If I am pushing grass in front of a local high school, why sign up to pay taxes?
Cannabis should be sold anywhere alcohol and tobacco are sold.

So you want it sold in Walmart?

What I want sold in Walmart are hemp based products such as clothing, rope and paper, all far superior to cotton.

Leave it to the States to figure out.
You are absolutely right, Marty.
It's a state issue not the federal government.
This is my position too, the federal gov't is sticking it's nose into too many place where it is not needed.
That wasn't the intent of the Founding Fathers. Just the opposite.
And, that is what is wrong with our federal government today.
The Founding Fathers would have stood by while the townspeople strung drug dealers up from the nearest tree.

I think blackrook has this issue well thought out and I agree. It's a chance for more business, jobs and revenue for an economy. Decriminalizing it only seems like a common sense concept.

Leave it to the States to figure out.
You are absolutely right, Marty.
It's a state issue not the federal government.
This is my position too, the federal gov't is sticking it's nose into too many place where it is not needed.
That wasn't the intent of the Founding Fathers. Just the opposite.
And, that is what is wrong with our federal government today.
The Founding Fathers would have stood by while the townspeople strung drug dealers up from the nearest tree.

There was drug dealing in those days? then the founding fathers should be hanging from trees for using hemp all over the place....., the Declaration of Independence was written on HEMP paper....., they wore clothes made from HEMP and even more.....

Drugs are regulated at both the state and federal level. I think it's time for Congress to wake up and smell the coffee. The continued federal criminalization of marijuana no longer serves a good purpose and should be ended immediately.

The benefit would be that marijuana businesses could put their money in the bank and fully join the legal economy.

Why would they want to do that? If I am pushing grass in front of a local high school, why sign up to pay taxes?

What I want sold in Walmart are hemp based products such as clothing, rope and paper, all far superior to cotton.

Hemp is a lot pricier than cotton or synthetic fibers, and Walmart shoppers are interested in being frugal.

You'd do better to try and get Ralph Lauren or other designers to release hemp clothes. Sounds practical I guess, after you get tired of your hemp necktie you can just roll it up and smoke it

Anywhere those other powerful mood altering drugs are sold. No need to discriminate in modern times.

At least decimalize it, Costs us billions putting kids in jail for smoking pot. We Always talk this on going stuff, Where is the stuff about the Russia hack & the insane INHOLF comment, nothing about Chris Miller, Subjects that are Current Events.

Which is why those items would never be sold in Walmart.

It's actually a healthy alternative to booze. Good call!

At least decimalize it, Costs us billions putting kids in jail for smoking pot. We Always talk this on going stuff, Where is the stuff about the Russia hack & the insane INHOLF comment, nothing about Chris Miller, Subjects that are Current Events.
We need do neither decriminalize or put people in jail. Follow the Singapore model. Death for drug dealers. The cane or lash for illegal users.

We need do neither decriminalize or put people in jail. Follow the Singapore model. Death for drug dealers. The cane or lash for illegal users.
Nothing but the fascist right wing bigotry of Big Government nanny-Statism will do for the right wing, and then promoting tax cut economics for good measure.

Hemp is a lot pricier than cotton or synthetic fibers, and Walmart shoppers are interested in being frugal.

You'd do better to try and get Ralph Lauren or other designers to release hemp clothes. Sounds practical I guess, after you get tired of your hemp necktie you can just roll it up and smoke it

Really?

Where is the evidence?

Do you know WHY Hemp was declared illegal in 1937?

The same people screaming for freedom want to keep pot illegal. Makes no sense. Pot has many beneficial qualities for people suffering from pain, stress, anxiety, etc. Leave it up to the individual to decide how they use it. Where's the argument against this?

The same people screaming for freedom want to keep pot illegal. Makes no sense. Pot has many beneficial qualities for people suffering from pain, stress, anxiety, etc. Leave it up to the individual to decide how they use it. Where's the argument against this?
The argument is that marijuana impairs people's judgment and motor skills. People show up to work stoned and operate machinery, exposing their employer to liability.

The argument is that marijuana impairs people's judgment and motor skills. People show up to work stoned and operate machinery, exposing their employer to liability.
I haven't been able to smoke so much weed even in modern times to where I could not ride a bicycle.

I get that Black. But one isn't supposed to show up drunk on booze either. Treat it like alcohol in that respect. There are millions upon millions of highly successful people who use it responsibly.

I haven't been able to smoke so much weed even in modern times to where I could not ride a bicycle.
I'm sorry, but a man under the influence of a substance is the worst judge of whether he is impaired.

Really?

Where is the evidence?

Do you know WHY Hemp was declared illegal in 1937?

Fear of Mexican immigrants.

And let's remember, while there is no taxonomical difference between hemp and marijuana, hemp is not likely to get anyone stoned...

Forum List

Back