And some people thought Joe McCarthy

And who as his Chief Council? And one of the two junior Senators that worked with him and was a real believer in his cause?

None other than Robert Kennedy Junior, and John Kennedy.

Yep, he sure surrounded himself with "Fascists".

What you've said doesn't really make any sense. People align themselves with different people for different reasons. The Kennedys and McCarthy were aligned because they were Catholics.

McCarthy put Robert Kennedy as counsel for an investigative committee but Kennedy resigned because of disagreements.

Sometimes in politics people align with others for a variety of reasons. They might disagree on many things, have completely differences of opinion and still be friends.

McCarthy did what he did because he wanted power and money. He was willing to ruin other people to get what he wanted, and he was willing to use people who were convenient for him.

The Kennedys and McCarthy were aligned because they were Catholics.

They were also fanatical anti-Communists. As was John Kennedy's best friend at the time, Richard Nixon.

And Nixon was not a Catholic, he was a Quaker.

But they were with him as soon as Kennedy and Nixon joined the Senate. And I notice you said "Kennedy"? Care to be specific? Because John Kennedy never spoke out against Senator MacCarthy.

But I do notice you are skipping around what you said. So was your first statement true and the Kennedy Brothers were really fascists? Or are you just dancing around and hoping people forget what brought this up to begin with?

They were also fanatical anti-Communists. As was John Kennedy's best friend at the time, Richard Nixon.

And Nixon was not a Catholic, he was a Quaker.

But they were with him as soon as Kennedy and Nixon joined the Senate. And I notice you said "Kennedy"? Care to be specific? Because John Kennedy never spoke out against Senator MacCarthy.

But I do notice you are skipping around what you said. So was your first statement true and the Kennedy Brothers were really fascists? Or are you just dancing around and hoping people forget what brought this up to begin with?

I was quite specific.

You're trying to attack me for what I'm saying, but that only looks like deflections. Your argument is that McCarthy was okay because not everyone he hung around was a "fascist". Not that I said he was a fascist in the first place. Just that he was willing to do whatever to improve his own career, including denouncing people for anything and everything.

Yeah, I have ... Isn't the former Director of the CIA a paid correspondent at a major media outlet?

I'm not sure that you can refer to orchestrators of black flag operations, planting false evidence, assassinations, destruction of Democratic nations, installing puppet Fascist leaders, etc. as an OUT-let. The CIA likes to lurk in the shadows and allow the government paid-by-the-word media that takes care of the out-let part of the organization.

What in the hell does that have to do with anything I just said?
You've heard of the goose and the gander, right? How about the stove calling the kettle black? You appear to have an adolescent misconception that the United Snakes wasn't - ISN'T - spying on everyone in the world. "Oh gosh! Golly! The Soviets had spies! Run! Hide!" :safetocomeoutff: Do you think Edward Snowden is residing in Russia because he wants to increase his collection of Matryoshka dolls? Do you not know anything about what he discovered?

Your argument is that McCarthy was okay because not everyone he hung around was a "fascist".

No, I outright reject the very idea he was surrounded by "fascists", and you have provided absolutely no proof that he had.

As normal, "fascist" simply means "somebody I do not like". And I did not attack you, I pointed out the flaw in your claim. Yet you ignore it, deflect, and spin again. Not able to validate your claim, you simply spin BS.

How about the stove calling the kettle black?

And that is what the Senator was trying to find. Many of which he named actually were spies, as proven by both Venona and later releases from the Soviet archives.

So I fail to see what your point here is. Or are you admitting that there were in fact Soviet spies in the Government as he said?

And that is what the Senator was trying to find. Many of which he named actually were spies, as proven by both Venona and later releases from the Soviet archives.

So I fail to see what your point here is. Or are you admitting that there were in fact Soviet spies in the Government as he said?
I grew up in the 1950s. Trust me, there were spies everywhere ..... and still are. If we are really, really clever we can discover how many government-paid shills there are on this very discussion forum.

No, I outright reject the very idea he was surrounded by "fascists", and you have provided absolutely no proof that he had.

As normal, "fascist" simply means "somebody I do not like". And I did not attack you, I pointed out the flaw in your claim. Yet you ignore it, deflect, and spin again. Not able to validate your claim, you simply spin BS.

I didn't say he was surrounded by fascists. Christ, who are you arguing with? Not me, that's for sure. I'm done, go find some one else to be weird on.

I grew up in the 1950s. Trust me, there were spies everywhere ..... and still are. If we are really, really clever we can discover how many government-paid shills there are on this very discussion forum.
Ciugh cough Moonglow Rightwinger cough

I didn't say he was surrounded by fascists. Christ, who are you arguing with? Not me, that's for sure. I'm done, go find some one else to be weird on.

Very right, almost fascist right wing.

Right. I challenged you as it makes little sense that people like RFK and JFK would have hung around and supported a "Fascist", and you just spun and spun around until you completely forgot that you were the one that started with that unfounded accusation.

Sorry, but I do not have Alzheimer's, and forget as easily as you do apparently. But its alright, not the first time I have seen people in here childishly throw around "Fascist" just because they do not like somebody.

Forum List

Back