Another fantastic edition of the "Geography Bowl"

EMH

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2021
Miami FL is playing at South Florida on Saturday...

So you figure, Miami is in Florida, and if it has to play at South Florida, it probably has to travel SOUTH... but that is NOT THE CASE...

Large Map Of Florida

because the University of "South" Florida is NOT IN SOUTH FLORIDA, it is in Tampa....

and hence USF stands for University SOMEWHERE in Florida...

and this is another exciting edition of the "Geography Bowl"

Why does USF call their sports teams the "Bulls?"

Well, when they say they go to the University of South Florida, a typical answer is

That's just BULL, your school is NOT in "South" Florida....

Weird fact.

The Buster Boyd Bridge connects North and South Carolina at Lake Wylie.

If you look at a map you will see that you are actually traveling South to get into North Carolina and North to get into South Carolina.

:rofl:

• Funny
Reactions: EMH
Weird fact.

The Buster Boyd Bridge connects North and South Carolina at Lake Wylie.

If you look at a map you will see that you are actually traveling South to get into North Carolina and North to get into South Carolina.

:rofl:
Like the east end of the Panama Canal is further west than the west end. The western terminus of VA is further west than WV and Reno, NV is further west than LA. At one time Atlanta Falcons, St. Louis Rams and New Orleans Saints NFL franchises were part of the NFC WEST!

Like the east end of the Panama Canal is further west than the west end. The western terminus of VA is further west than WV and Reno, NV is further west than LA. At one time Atlanta Falcons, St. Louis Rams and New Orleans Saints NFL franchises were part of the NFC WEST!

And Cal is now in the Atlantic Coast Conference, despite being obsessed with "cutting carbon emissions"

Another fantastic edition of the "Geography Bowl"​

* Why is Turkey allowed in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization?

* Why is Israel allowed to compete in the European Song Contest?

* Why does the national flag of Slovakia include a mountain that is in Hungary but not in Slovakia?

* Why is there a town in Ukraine called New York?

* Why are native Americans call Indians?

• Funny
Reactions: EMH
Cokes 22 Somewhere 15 at the half. Great game!!

Go BULLS!!!

* Why is Turkey allowed in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization?

* Why is Israel allowed to compete in the European Song Contest?

* Why does the national flag of Slovakia include a mountain that is in Hungary but not in Slovakia?

* Why is there a town in Ukraine called New York?

* Why are native Americans call Indians?
1) Turkey IS in the northern hemisphere. It’s about as far north as Italy or Greece, and neither of those countries touch the Atlantic either

2) IDK. I guess because they have more in common culturally and economically with Europe than they do with the countries on their borders

3) no clue. Both countries were part of the Austro-Hungarian empire for a long time. Maybe that has something to do with it.

4) that’s weird. I bet it’s something of a joke

5) because when Columbus landed in the americas, he was looking for India and assumed at first it was India, and thus called the natives “Indians”. That one’s common knowledge.

• Why is Turkey allowed in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization?
  • Why is Israel allowed to compete in the European Song Contest?
  • Why does the national flag of Slovakia include a mountain that is in Hungary but not in Slovakia?
  • Why is there a town in Ukraine called New York?
  • Why are native Americans call Indians?
1) Turkey IS in the northern hemisphere. It’s about as far north as Italy or Greece, and neither of those countries touch the Atlantic either
2) IDK. I guess because they have more in common culturally and economically with Europe than they do with the countries on their borders
3) no clue. Both countries were part of the Austro-Hungarian empire for a long time. Maybe that has something to do with it.
4) that’s weird. I bet it’s something of a joke
5) because when Columbus landed in the americas, he was looking for India and assumed at first it was India, and thus called the natives “Indians”. That one’s common knowledge.
What are you smoking?

On your whole post? No. It is too tedious. I'll just give you the first one. I asked, "Why is Turkey allowed in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization?" and your reply is, "Turkey IS in the northern hemisphere". The rest of your post is equally ridiculous.
By your logic, Italy and Greece being in NATO is similarly geographically inaccurate

Forum List

Back