another refugee from PF

Status
Not open for further replies.
That never works. Voting is always skewed in favor of one thing or another, and the type of membership base changes from time to time. All you need is an active administrator with the ability to pick decent mods that are willing to enforce the rules as posted. Having members elect mods turns it in to nothing more than a popularity contest as well..

Been there, seen it

"Never" works? I suppose it might not have worked in your case for one reason or another. I've seen it work.

Whether it would work on a massive board has yet to be seen, though.

I left because I got sick of being treated like a child, particularly when I know what a cluster fuck that board is behind the scenes.

Well, since he's snooping around here anyway...

I believe they took care of it.........:eusa_whistle:

Yeah...half an hour later. If I'd had a sock puppet who'd been validated, I could have wreaked havoc on that place.

What's funny is that frotter and Slackhustler tried to report me.

...To no avail.

Didn't they do their IP homework? It isn't that difficult to ferret out the sock puppets....

Apparently, they can't block IP addresses, but can merely detect them. Of course, that's rather easily bypassed by a wide assortment of proxy servers.

Yeah...half an hour later. If I'd had a sock puppet who'd been validated, I could have wreaked havoc on that place.

What's funny is that frotter and Slackhustler tried to report me.

...To no avail.

Wreck havoc? How so? Everyone knows it's you for pete sakes. LOL!
Riddler? Hexxagon? Idiot? LMAO!!!!! :razz:

How were you treated like a child? I thought as a former mod you had plenty of behind the scenes influence.

The board rules treat the users like children...banning personal attacks, censoring specific words. It's retarded. What I like about this forum is that the mods rarely have to act because their rules are logical and sensible, and expect users to be adults. Read the TOS here, and you'll see what I mean.

As far as having influence, people like Stekim, Joker and I had next to NO influence. Senax is a pompous ass who insults people, and then edits them in the same breath for returning the favor. 12th man clearly plays favorites with users (like Billy the Bob and Duh) based on their political persuasions. It's blatant.

I really like and respect Java, Metro, and Volvo. The rest are basically worthless, and Chesby and EPV have fallen into the same mode of ABNS, who in my opinion is a small little man with a huge napoleon complex.

It'd be fun for all of us to go over there as sock puppets and post like you and see how crazed they get.

:lol:

You could go over there and imitate those of us who are here. THAT would be hilarious. If you do, make sure you let ABNS know that he likely has the tiniest weenie on the planet.

For me, I have no interest in posting there. I don't respect the mods (except a couple who are in the minority), and I think the rules are retarded and unenforceable.

Uh...as far as I know, the only ones here that are banned from PF are Sunni Man and myself. Why would the rest of you create sock puppets instead of posting with your regular accounts? That would just result in a permaban for your regular account.

Wreck havoc? How so? Everyone knows it's you for pete sakes. LOL! Riddler? Hexxagon? Idiot? LMAO!!!!! :razz:

The Riddler is actually not me. I've looked at his posts, and I'm left wondering of the guy's constantly stoned or something. Really. Look at his posts.

And as I recall, you liked Hexxagon and his astute observations about Dr. Seuss. :razz:

What, moderating? Psht. It's not fucking rocket science. Sue et. al. make it harder than it needs to be by their insistence on pursuing "violations" that wouldn't have been violations a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back