Another shooting involving a black and white.

Zona

A guy in ariZONA
Aug 15, 2009
This one is just sad. This poor guy just had a horrible car wreck, goes to a house for help, they called the police on him........................................ for some reason, and the cop kills him.

Damn.

1abuGh.Em.138.jpeg

CMPD officer charged in fatal shooting | CharlotteObserver.com

A Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer who was involved in the fatal shooting of an unarmed man early Saturday has been charged with voluntary manslaughter and is in custody, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Chief Rodney Monroe said Saturday night.

The victim had apparently wrecked his vehicle early Saturday and sought help at a nearby residence before encountering the police.

Read more here: CMPD officer charged in fatal shooting | CharlotteObserver.com

Former FAMU safety, 24 years old. A tragedy for all involved.

Last edited:
That cop was wrong on every level. I hope he does years for killing this man.

Ferrell apparently walked to the nearest house, about a half-mile from the accident, and was “banging on the door viciously,” Monroe said. The woman who lives there thought the man at her door was her husband coming home late from work.

But when she saw Ferrell instead, she shut the door and called police because she thought he was trying to rob her.
Officers received a call shortly after 2:30 a.m. about an attempted break-in at a residence in the 7500 block of Reedy Creek Road.

The three officers from the Hickory Grove division who responded to the scene came across a man matching the description of the possible suspect, and they surrounded him. The man “immediately charged” at the police, Monroe said.

Officer Thornell Little unsuccessfully fired his Taser at Ferrell, who continued to run toward them, police said in a statement. Kerrick then fired several rounds at Ferrell, who was shot multiple times and pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

#####

So, what was officer Kerrick supposed to do?
...just allow Ferrell to run at him, bash him, kill him?..."one punch can kill"

Not guilty!
Officer defending himself.

What happened to "Stand your ground"?

Last edited:

Ferrell apparently walked to the nearest house, about a half-mile from the accident, and was “banging on the door viciously,” Monroe said. The woman who lives there thought the man at her door was her husband coming home late from work.

But when she saw Ferrell instead, she shut the door and called police because she thought he was trying to rob her.
Officers received a call shortly after 2:30 a.m. about an attempted break-in at a residence in the 7500 block of Reedy Creek Road.

The three officers from the Hickory Grove division who responded to the scene came across a man matching the description of the possible suspect, and they surrounded him. The man “immediately charged” at the police, Monroe said.

Officer Thornell Little unsuccessfully fired his Taser at Ferrell, who continued to run toward them, police said in a statement. Kerrick then fired several rounds at Ferrell, who was shot multiple times and pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

#####

So, what was officer Kerrick supposed to do?
...just allow Ferrell to run at him, bash him, kill him?..."one punch can kill"

Not guilty!
Officer defending himself.

What happened to "Stand your ground"?

Depends on whether this account matched the facts or not.

This one is just sad. This poor guy just had a horrible car wreck, goes to a house for help, they called the police on him........................................ for some reason, and the cop kills him.

Damn.

1abuGh.Em.138.jpeg

A Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer who was involved in the fatal shooting of an unarmed man early Saturday has been charged with voluntary manslaughter and is in custody, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Chief Rodney Monroe said Saturday night.

The victim had apparently wrecked his vehicle early Saturday and sought help at a nearby residence before encountering the police.

Read more here: CMPD officer charged in fatal shooting | CharlotteObserver.com

At least they aren't waiting a month.

Yes, this is a terrible tragedy.

Pretty pathetic, Zona, trying to turn this into a race issue. But then again, that's par for the course for you.

We need to let the justice system do its work.

It is starting to look like it is.

I'd like the justice system work in place like Chicago, where people are dying every day from violence in the streets and no one seems to care.

At least this area still cares about crime.

Why do so many do this. Please don't refer to anything else, just this thread. Stay on point or will you point out all crime elsewhere?

Damn. Just once, stay on point.

Aren't people aware, both white and black, that they might get shot by a home owner pounding on a door at 2 A.M.? I guess the victim's blood alcohol level wasn't included in the story. Too bad the Police Officer wasn't better trained but he has been charged with manslaughter and the system works.

Aren't people aware, both white and black, that they might get shot by a home owner pounding on a door at 2 A.M.? I guess the victim's blood alcohol level wasn't included in the story. Too bad the Police Officer wasn't better trained but he has been charged with manslaughter and the system works.

I crash my car....I'm going to be knocking on the first door I get to...but maybe I should expect to be shot for it now.

It is starting to look like it is.

I'd like the justice system work in place like Chicago, where people are dying every day from violence in the streets and no one seems to care.

At least this area still cares about crime.

Why do so many do this. Please don't refer to anything else, just this thread. Stay on point or will you point out all crime elsewhere?

Damn. Just once, stay on point.

I stayed on point, I wonder why shootings in one place are more acceptable.

I'm trying to figure out who you are that you think you can demand and get what you want. Suck it up.

I crash my car....I'm going to be knocking on the first door I get to...but maybe I should expect to be shot for it now.

The only point I don't understand is why did he charge after them? That is an odd thing to do.

Forum List

Back