Another shooting involving a black and white.

Aren't people aware, both white and black, that they might get shot by a home owner pounding on a door at 2 A.M.? I guess the victim's blood alcohol level wasn't included in the story. Too bad the Police Officer wasn't better trained but he has been charged with manslaughter and the system works.

I crash my car....I'm going to be knocking on the first door I get to...but maybe I should expect to be shot for it now.

Perhaps not having a car would save your life. Oh wait, it's your Constitutional right to own it.

Really odd case. Charging at the officers doesn't seem like a rational response, after you just wrecked your car and went looking for help. Why? Intoxication, head injury...or something else? Doesn't make sense, absent some explanation. Still doesn't make the officer's reaction justified, from what I can see; but there is something more to this story.

Aren't people aware, both white and black, that they might get shot by a home owner pounding on a door at 2 A.M.? I guess the victim's blood alcohol level wasn't included in the story. Too bad the Police Officer wasn't better trained but he has been charged with manslaughter and the system works.

I crash my car....I'm going to be knocking on the first door I get to...but maybe I should expect to be shot for it now.

In this age where damn near every American has a cell phone attached to them all the moron had to do was sit and wait. Obviously he wasn't in need of medical treatment.

The only point I don't understand is why did he charge after them? That is an odd thing to do.

That was their description. He also was banging on the door viciously if you noted. Still she opened the door to this big strong viscous guy banging on the door but somehow managed to shut it before he attacked her. They will find something in his blood that proves he was on drugs probably and the cop will get off. Is he currently on a paid leave of absence?

If someone came to my door claiming they had been in a car accident, I'd call the police too, even if they were carrying a leg. That is one of the most common methods of gaining access to someone's home after dark. It's right up there with a woman appearing to be beaten or an injured child.

The right questions aren't being asked. What was it about this area where the police would be so fearful of being approached that they shot the man? What was it about these officers that caused them to feel fear first?

If someone came to my door claiming they had been in a car accident, I'd call the police too, even if they were carrying a leg. That is one of the most common methods of gaining access to someone's home after dark. It's right up there with a woman appearing to be beaten or an injured child.

The right questions aren't being asked. What was it about this area where the police would be so fearful of being approached that they shot the man? What was it about these officers that caused them to feel fear first?

I don't have a problem with a woman calling the police at night but why did she open the door without looking first if he banged on the door viscously?

Its pretty obvious what made them feel fear first. They had a report of a black man attempting to break into a house.

Last edited:
CMPD officer charged in fatal shooting | CharlotteObserver.com

Ferrell apparently walked to the nearest house, about a half-mile from the accident, and was “banging on the door viciously,” Monroe said. The woman who lives there thought the man at her door was her husband coming home late from work.

But when she saw Ferrell instead, she shut the door and called police because she thought he was trying to rob her.
Officers received a call shortly after 2:30 a.m. about an attempted break-in at a residence in the 7500 block of Reedy Creek Road.

The three officers from the Hickory Grove division who responded to the scene came across a man matching the description of the possible suspect, and they surrounded him. The man “immediately charged” at the police, Monroe said.

Officer Thornell Little unsuccessfully fired his Taser at Ferrell, who continued to run toward them, police said in a statement. Kerrick then fired several rounds at Ferrell, who was shot multiple times and pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

#####

So, what was officer Kerrick supposed to do?
...just allow Ferrell to run at him, bash him, kill him?..."one punch can kill"

Not guilty!
Officer defending himself.

What happened to "Stand your ground"?

While something about the man seems suspicious, I would definitely not call shooting him justified. From the way they say "unsuccessfully fired his Taser" I am guessing the officer missed. Was his only best recourse after that to shoot the man? What happened to night sticks and pepper spray? Not to mention there were two other officers confronting the man at the same time. Are you really suggesting his only possible action was to shoot the man? Just the fact that he was charged after two other officers witnessed the situation shows he did something wrong.

Really odd case. Charging at the officers doesn't seem like a rational response, after you just wrecked your car and went looking for help. Why? Intoxication, head injury...or something else? Doesn't make sense, absent some explanation. Still doesn't make the officer's reaction justified, from what I can see; but there is something more to this story.

Perhaps he never Charged the officer. You know, the one who is in jail for an unjustified killing. Perhaps that killer lied?

Perhaps he never Charged the officer. You know, the one who is in jail for an unjustified killing. Perhaps that killer lied?

They have the officers dashboard cam. They havent released it yet but if he did charge this cop wouldnt be charged with a crime. From the way the attorney described it the guy was executed in cold blood. I'm just waiting to see the video.

It is the overwhelming amount of black crime that caused this negros death

They have the officers dashboard cam. They havent released it yet but if he did charge this cop wouldnt be charged with a crime. From the way the attorney described it the guy was executed in cold blood. I'm just waiting to see the video.

This will be interesting, a lot of the first released story did match up well.

This one is just sad. This poor guy just had a horrible car wreck, goes to a house for help, they called the police on him........................................ for some reason, and the cop kills him.

Damn.

1abuGh.Em.138.jpeg

CMPD officer charged in fatal shooting | CharlotteObserver.com

A Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer who was involved in the fatal shooting of an unarmed man early Saturday has been charged with voluntary manslaughter and is in custody, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Chief Rodney Monroe said Saturday night.

The victim had apparently wrecked his vehicle early Saturday and sought help at a nearby residence before encountering the police.

Read more here: CMPD officer charged in fatal shooting | CharlotteObserver.com

At least they aren't waiting a month.

Yes, this is a terrible tragedy.

you might be pinkie :lol:

So am I, because it's not clear to me exactly what happened between the time the police arrived, and the shooting, or why it happened. This does not look like a justified shooting, and we still have a number of unanswered questions here. It's tragic, in any case; this man did not need to die that night.

The camera don't lie...

Shot unarmed man didn't comply: lawyer
Sept 18,`13 - Lawyers for the police officer who fatally shot an unarmed man in Mecklenburg, North Carolina, say that Jonathan Ferrell did not comply with officers' commands to get down before he was killed.
"(Ferrell) advanced toward the officers. His hands were not in the air," said George Laughrun, lawyer for Officer Randall Kerrick, speaking to reporters on Wednesday about what he saw in video from a police cruiser's dashboard camera. "You see one of his hands partially behind his back, concealed as he continued to advance. He was given three commands to 'Get on the ground. Get on the ground.' He did not. And Officer Kerrick backed up and then felt the need to deploy his service weapon."

Laughrun's description of the police video differs from what Ferrell's family lawyer had previously said - that police fired before yelling "Get down!" Kerrick, 27, and in his third year with Charlotte-Mecklenburg police, was charged with voluntary manslaughter after the early Saturday shooting, which has sparked outrage and gained national attention. Police say Kerrick fired his gun 12 times, striking Ferrell 10 times.

On Tuesday, lawyer Chris Chestnut said he and the Ferrell family viewed the dashcam footage and that it showed shots were fired before any warnings or commands were given. "There were no commands to 'Stop, freeze, stop or I'll shoot'," Chestnut told The Charlotte Observer on Tuesday. The first commands from officers, Chestnut said, came after the volley of bullets stopped. But on Wednesday, Chestnut said he could not definitively say that officers didn't issue commands before shots were fired because he was only allowed to view the video once.

Read more: Shot unarmed man didn't comply: lawyer | News.com.au

The camera don't lie...

Shot unarmed man didn't comply: lawyer
Sept 18,`13 - Lawyers for the police officer who fatally shot an unarmed man in Mecklenburg, North Carolina, say that Jonathan Ferrell did not comply with officers' commands to get down before he was killed.
"(Ferrell) advanced toward the officers. His hands were not in the air," said George Laughrun, lawyer for Officer Randall Kerrick, speaking to reporters on Wednesday about what he saw in video from a police cruiser's dashboard camera. "You see one of his hands partially behind his back, concealed as he continued to advance. He was given three commands to 'Get on the ground. Get on the ground.' He did not. And Officer Kerrick backed up and then felt the need to deploy his service weapon."

Laughrun's description of the police video differs from what Ferrell's family lawyer had previously said - that police fired before yelling "Get down!" Kerrick, 27, and in his third year with Charlotte-Mecklenburg police, was charged with voluntary manslaughter after the early Saturday shooting, which has sparked outrage and gained national attention. Police say Kerrick fired his gun 12 times, striking Ferrell 10 times.

On Tuesday, lawyer Chris Chestnut said he and the Ferrell family viewed the dashcam footage and that it showed shots were fired before any warnings or commands were given. "There were no commands to 'Stop, freeze, stop or I'll shoot'," Chestnut told The Charlotte Observer on Tuesday. The first commands from officers, Chestnut said, came after the volley of bullets stopped. But on Wednesday, Chestnut said he could not definitively say that officers didn't issue commands before shots were fired because he was only allowed to view the video once.

Read more: Shot unarmed man didn't comply: lawyer | News.com.au
So the shooter's lawyer says he said to stop, the innocent victims lawyer said he did not.

What is the truth? Why couldn't three trained officers take down an unarmed man? Why did only ONE cop feel so threatened? Lets think about this. That man was not a criminal, he did nothing wrong and he was not attacking the cops, he was looking for help. Damn.

Everything about this case sucks. That cop killed that unarmed man for no damn reason. Period.

Forum List

Back