Another terrorist attack in NY?

I think this thread is all wrong. The subject here isn't terrorism, it's police brutality. The guy only had a meat cleaver. Why did they kill him? They're police, they can afford to hesitate in situations like this.

I think this thread is all wrong. The subject here isn't terrorism, it's police brutality. The guy only had a meat cleaver. Why did they kill him? They're police, they can afford to hesitate in situations like this.
I don't know. If someone attacks a cop with a deadly weapon, that should be an automatic death penalty. If they are evil enough to attack a cop, then they are a true menace to all of society.

They didn't kill him. They used a taser first, tried to physically remove the meat clever, and when all else failed, shot him, but he lived so far.

It looks like he was upset because he got a boot on his car. I almost wish it was terrorism now. Kind of an extreme reaction to a boot on your car. :eek:

They didn't kill him. They used a taser first, tried to physically remove the meat clever, and when all else failed, shot him, but he lived so far.
Bummer...

It looks like he was upset because he got a boot on his car. I almost wish it was terrorism now. Kind of an extreme reaction to a boot on your car. :eek:

Its a clash of cultures, they use sandals in his homeland, not boots.

The terrorist angle didn't sound right from the beginning. I can see a terrorist going on a knife attack on a crowded bus or something, but what half-assed terrorist goes straight for the armed officers? They said he had the meat cleaver in his waistband, but that's not that weird given that he lives out of his car in downtown New York.

Why not? It has happened here and in London

Cop hurt in hatchet attack returns to duty

The terrorist angle didn't sound right from the beginning. I can see a terrorist going on a knife attack on a crowded bus or something, but what half-assed terrorist goes straight for the armed officers? They said he had the meat cleaver in his waistband, but that's not that weird given that he lives out of his car in downtown New York.

Why not? It has happened here and in London

Cop hurt in hatchet attack returns to duty

I don't think it's a coincidence that they had just put a boot on his car. They also had a struggle with him and tasered him before he pulled the cleaver from what I understand. Not to say he wasn't radicalized, but it doesn't sound like he had intended to have that encounter that day.

Forum List

Back