Another torture of children by the parents

If grandma knew, why did she do nothing?
That happened once in one of my cases. Bad neglect (parents were severe addicts) to three kids under 5, but regardless of what some people here tell you, you need hard evidence to convince a judge that the children are unsafe. I was in touch with the grandmother, a very reasonable and caring woman, frequently, since she saw the kids most every day and assured me that everything was fine. I finally walked in one morning and things were very not fine. I removed the kids that night and took them to the grandmother, who turned to me and said "Thank you. I have been praying for this." I asked why she had never told me what was going on. She said "It couldn't be me. She is my daughter."
So that's the way some grandmothers think, anyway.

Fascinating. Does this land close to home for you or something?

It "lands close to home" for millions.

Rich, poor, white, Black, Hispanic, christian and other religions and yes, even atheists.

Its incredibly widespread and even if family, teachers or others report it, there's no money or staff to investigate. If the kids are taken out of the home, there's usually no decent place for them.

Crash That Killed Lesbian Couple And Their Six Kids May Have Been Intentional, Officials Say
Information taken from the car's software shows it was at a dead stop before driving over the cliff.

Crash That Killed Lesbian Couple And Their Six Kids May Have Been Intentional, Officials Say

Information taken from the car's software shows it was at a dead stop before driving over the cliff.

Ouch....:abgg2q.jpg:

That happened once in one of my cases. Bad neglect (parents were severe addicts) to three kids under 5, but regardless of what some people here tell you, you need hard evidence to convince a judge that the children are unsafe. I was in touch with the grandmother, a very reasonable and caring woman, frequently, since she saw the kids most every day and assured me that everything was fine. I finally walked in one morning and things were very not fine. I removed the kids that night and took them to the grandmother, who turned to me and said "Thank you. I have been praying for this." I asked why she had never told me what was going on. She said "It couldn't be me. She is my daughter."
That girl being the lady's daughter is what makes the lady a parent and when kids screw up badly enough, it is a parent's responsibility to do whatever it takes to get the kids back on what is a better track.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. In other words, what that lady obviously did not get is that evil only prevails when good decides to do nothing.

And.....? Why have you found some deep-seated need to go off topic here?

That girl being the lady's daughter is what makes the lady a parent and when kids screw up badly enough, it is a parent's responsibility to do whatever it takes to get the kids back on what is a better track.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. In other words, what that lady obviously did not get is that evil only prevails when good decides to do nothing.
These parents weren't "evil" Holly; they were very sick. The kids were neglected, not tortured. The mom couldn't get on a better track; she's still an addict.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

These parents weren't "evil" Holly; they were very sick. The kids were neglected, not tortured. The mom couldn't get on a better track; she's still an addict.
I was only meaning that the lady you talked to only helped keep the horror going by her decision to do nothing about it.

God bless always!!!

Holly

P.S. But then again, she eventually met up with you and when you finally got wind of how bad the picture was, you are who made all the difference, therefore, getting connected to you was that lady's move in the right direction.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I was only meaning that the lady you talked to only helped keep the horror going by her decision to do nothing about it.

God bless always!!!

Holly
That woman should have been arrested for abetting, enabling the abuse.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The mom I agree with you on. The dad though....no he is evil.

Forum List

Back