Brexit Has Been a Disaster

Tommy Tainant Being part of the EU means you're stuck with a handful of trade agreements made by the EU. We didn't have control over the agreements themselves. When we left, some were kept the same, some were tweaked, and we've been making more.

Obviously you think Outer Mongolia is a shit hole country, which fits with your racist and xenophobic personality.

Why are you crying that we have many more trade agreements than being in the EU?
Not one of them is any better than we had in the EU. None of them ever will be. Only a fucking clown like you think it will be so.

Like most populist things, Brexit has been a disaster. Populism itself is usually a disaster. Politicians tell the population what they want to hear, regardless whether or not it's true. Whenever I go to the UK, all I hear is lament that the UK left the EU.

Eight years after the referendum, it is safe to say Britain has a serious case of “Bregret.” About 65% of Brits say that, in hindsight, leaving the EU was wrong. Just 15% say the benefits have so far outweighed the costs.​
In the years since 2016, Britain’s economy has slowed to a crawl, growing an average 1.3% versus 1.6% for the G-7 group of rich countries overall. By putting up barriers to trade and migration with its biggest trading partner, Brexit slowed trade and hurt business investment.​
“I’m angry,” says Steve Jackson, a burly taxi driver and part-time construction worker in Boston, a town of 70,000 in eastern England. ... many people here who backed Brexit feel betrayed. Jackson said that none of the promises made by politicians who lobbied for Brexit have come true: higher wages, cheaper food and energy, more money for healthcare, and less immigration. “We’ve been lied to—lock, stock and barrel.”
Goldman Sachs estimates that the British economy is 5% smaller than it otherwise would have been without Brexit, ... The National Institute of Economic and Social Research, a U.K. think tank, estimated that Brexit has resulted in a lost annual income per capita of £850 (over $1,000) since 2020. ...​
Life in Boston meanwhile hasn’t noticeably improved, he adds. “We have achieved nothing,” he says. “You learn what you already knew: That politicians are liars.”​
“If you think about Britain’s big problems, Brexit solved none of them: the crumbling public services, weak economic growth, a shortfall of housing and a need to modernize the energy infrastructure,” says John Springford, an economist at the Centre for European Reform think tank in London.​

Populism sucks.

Yep....
And the main reason why Brexit was a disaster was that it caught the Government by surprise....they thought they were going to remain in the EU. The main driving force was the unrestrained and unrestricted immigration to where UK was no longer English and was rapidly becoming Muslim.

So when it came time to restoring independent trade treaties and guest worker programs....they didn't have any.

Meanwhile there was a global pandemic and quarantines....

Creating a perfect storm in all industries and a globalist agenda destroying every bit of progress made.

The Royal Family is usually instrumental in all of this as well as the House of Lords....but they were not able to put proper agreements in place fast enough....(difficult negotiations with everyone)

Then there was the unmitigated disaster with the AstraZenneca/Oxford vaccines. And they were warned extensively that this formula was going to be extremely problematic....but they moved forward with it anyway. Lo and behold EVERYTHING that was predicted came true....from blood clots to cardiac issues. Then their vaccine difficulties were mixed in deceptively with the MRNA vaccines as if they were equally bad. (Far from honest reporting)

Then on top of this the UK government opened their borders in an unrestrained fashion....just like the USA. (Dumbest thing they could have done)

So people are rightfully upset.

Not one of them is any better than we had in the EU. None of them ever will be. Only a fucking clown like you think it will be so.
Are you a retard day today?? You have a trade agreement with a country when part of the EU, and when we leave we have the same agreement, and your inbred brain thinks the agreement should be better??

A number of questions -

1) Are you on drugs?

2) What do you mean by better, list your criteria?

3) Give us an example of a specific part of an agreement with a specific country, and highlight a part where you think it can be "better"

You are such a knob jockey. I know you're a grave pisser, but have you ever took a shit on one? I thinks yes.

Yep....
And the main reason why Brexit was a disaster was that it caught the Government by surprise....they thought they were going to remain in the EU. The main driving force was the unrestrained and unrestricted immigration to where UK was no longer English and was rapidly becoming Muslim.

So when it came time to restoring independent trade treaties and guest worker programs....they didn't have any.

Meanwhile there was a global pandemic and quarantines....

Creating a perfect storm in all industries and a globalist agenda destroying every bit of progress made.

The Royal Family is usually instrumental in all of this as well as the House of Lords....but they were not able to put proper agreements in place fast enough....(difficult negotiations with everyone)
Well, it didn't come as a surprise because it wasn't a legally binding referendum. The government could have kept the UK in the EU, but decided to withdraw. The only trouble we had, we didn't have a Thatcher/Trump character in government that had big balls to sort out the two year pull out deal.

Then on top of this the UK government opened their borders in an unrestrained fashion....just like the USA. (Dumbest thing they could have done)

So people are rightfully upset.
Hence why the EU is sliding extreme Right. When the EU forces immigrant numbers onto countries, the ball starts rolling.

Escept pre brexit those workers were all from EU countries. Poland, Portugal and others. After brexit they were treatedd baddly with visas by the tories that they went home.
Then we had a few years of understaffed hospitals before a national outcry made them take action. Then they started importing nurses from Africa and Asia.. But not enough to run a health service.
You might ask where the UK nurses are. Older ones retired During covid the youunger ones realised they vould earn more stacking shelves in Aldi without the stress They changed the training criteria to make it less appealing and the numbers in training fell.
They also made them take university courses to train and then removed the bursary so that they became nurses with huge debts. I believe that they have now restored the bursary.
Several sectors of the NHS are on srike or in dispute The Doctors ae on strike today. The health secretary made an important statement to the country. Not about the 8m in a waiting list or the 12 month long dispute. It was about the all important issue of protecting womens spaces,

This is what is coming to the US. They arent serious people . None of them.
The policy of farage is even worse than the tories. Its a sort of night club system of 1 in 1 out.
Literally a brain surgeon leaves and a fruit picker comes in.. Its a complex issue and needs serious people to manage it.
I have heard that Britain was especially popular among East European workers before the Brexit. It offered good salaries. Now, with all that uncertain visa policy, they may choose Germany and Scandinavian countries.

I often hear about the NHS as an example of failed state governance. Low salaries lead to ill-motivated staff and lowering standards. To improve that, the government needs to drastically increase funding of this sphere, but it doesn't have too much sources for that funding. A vicious circle.

Well, it didn't come as a surprise because it wasn't a legally binding referendum. The government could have kept the UK in the EU, but decided to withdraw. The only trouble we had, we didn't have a Thatcher/Trump character in government that had big balls to sort out the two year pull out deal.
Well it should have had more effort...

It's not difficult to understand that your average Brit, Scot or Wale doesn't desire to learn to speak Farsi just to get a pint at the local pub or even a cuppa.

Sure they focused somewhat on trade when the whole nation was starving for groceries but ignored the mandate that was behind the vote.

I have heard that Britain was especially popular among East European workers before the Brexit. It offered good salaries. Now, with all that uncertain visa policy, they may choose Germany and Scandinavian countries.

I often hear about the NHS as an example of failed state governance. Low salaries lead to ill-motivated staff and lowering standards. To improve that, the government needs to drastically increase funding of this sphere, but it doesn't have too much sources for that funding. A vicious circle.
It was rated the best healthcare system in the world. The tories have been defunding it for 14 years. People just left because it was underfunded and nobody replaced them.
And now we are so adrift it seems impossible to rebuild it.
The tories are over, labour will get crushed if they dont sort it. I have little faith that they will
Reform want to privatise it but their followers are too thick to understand that it will exclude many of them.
What they didnt need was brexit, which has been a disaster.

Once people get Brexit out of their heads the better. Resident's Tommy Tit and Deadbeat blame everything on Brexit and Thatcher.

"Traffic light stopped working (mouth froth) BREXIT (mouth froth) THATCHER"

Luckily for the them, democracy means they get to keep their heads, in some other countries, they wouldn't tolerate such Jeremy Hunts.
I also think it is good the Brexit happened. By itself, it won't lead to any improvement for Britain. Maybe even on the contrary. But Britain is an alien body for common European project.

It was rated the best healthcare system in the world. The tories have been defunding it for 14 years. People just left because it was underfunded and nobody replaced them.
And now we are so adrift it seems impossible to rebuild it.
The tories are over, labour will get crushed if they dont sort it. I have little faith that they will
Reform want to privatise it but their followers are too thick to understand that it will exclude many of them.
What they didnt need was brexit, which has been a disaster.
Does the UK have any spare money to being pumped into the state funded healthcare? Something tells me it doesn’t. Don't know, maybe privatisation makes sense. Or, better, some shared financing - state funds and private funds. A social model of a state adopted in Western Europe after the WWII seems to be coming to an end.

1719765099718.png

Well it should have had more effort...

It's not difficult to understand that your average Brit, Scot or Wale doesn't desire to learn to speak Farsi just to get a pint at the local pub or even a cuppa.

Sure they focused somewhat on trade when the whole nation was starving for groceries but ignored the mandate that was behind the vote.
The Brits are renowned to be lazy to learn any foreign language. Starving for groceries?

I also think it is good the Brexit happened. By itself, it won't lead to any improvement for Britain. Maybe even on the contrary. But Britain is an alien body for common European project.
What improvements are you thinking of and the bit(s) you think needs improved, what's the current data on it and do you think it should get to?

Forum List

Back