You can't be president until you are 35. Is it time to have an upper limit on age?

It's not just about age, it's about the media that always has been on the side of the democrat party for the last hundred years. The Media knew that Woodrow Wilson had a debilitating stroke but kept it a secret from the American public. The media knew that FDR was a dying man who would not live to complete his 4th term but they kept it a secret so that democrats could hand pick his successor, Harry Truman.

Trump won the debate. I rest my case.
You are just now catching up with trump winning the debate? I guess you should have read my post 10 or 15 minutes after the debate ended. You could have caught up with the rest of us. What was your case, that finally clarified, the debate, since you rested it?

Here I am almost 86 and quite lucid and intelligent.
:auiqs.jpg:

Is it time to have an upper limit for presidents as to age?
I want to hear from serious posters.

Your post reminds me of a scene from All in the Family where Archie takes his grandchild to church to have him baptized. While there he encounters a priest and asks him, “Can we have a talk, christian to christian?” The priest answers, “I can”. A serious poster (like me) and you have nothing in common.

But to answer your question, yes. It’s time to have an upper age limit in all federally elected and appointed positions. The way it should work is that you can’t run for re-election past the age of 75. Meaning that if you win a term for Senator when you’re 74, you can serve until you’re 80. But you can’t run for re-election.

For non-elected officials, 75 is it. You have 90 days to vacate your office at the age of 75.

:auiqs.jpg:

Your post reminds me of a scene from All in the Family where Archie takes his grandchild to church to have him baptized. While there he encounters a priest and asks him, “Can we have a talk, christian to christian?” The priest answers, “I can”. A serious poster (like me) and you have nothing in common.

But to answer your question, yes. It’s time to have an upper age limit in all federally elected and appointed positions. The way it should work is that you can’t run for re-election past the age of 75. Meaning that if you win a term for Senator when you’re 74, you can serve until you’re 80. But you can’t run for re-election.

For non-elected officials, 75 is it. You have 90 days to vacate your office at the age of 75.
Essentially you did answer the question so why did it cause you to mock the questioner? Frankly the age issue has been talked about in our past. This does not remind me of TV at all. Today we have two who you tell us are unwise for us to have as president. If we do this, it might ban far more than this. It would mean the constitution was changed if this was to happen. What if actors were also influenced this same way?

Their party and their media has been gaslighting them about Biden's dementia
Scripps News today shows Biden being supported by them and Trump excluded by them. They brought out people to talk who clearly were one sided in support and do not show Trump supporters in their question as to should Biden drop out. In short it was an advertisement to keep Biden.

Here I am almost 86 and quite lucid and intelligent. But I bring up Presidents age.
Presidents are banned from being president until they are 35. Why this age? I believe the founders believed at 35 you can take on hard tasks. Presidents do not become presidents by accident. They live with goals and plans all over the place they intend to try. Failed candidates got there by having clear plans. They failed but not because they lacked goals and plans.

How about dealing with advanced age? I know that waking up daily is wonderful. I would be stupid not to think of dying. I don't focus on this. But it is a fact of how humans end up at the end. They die.

Think of presidents who have died in office. To replace say FDR with Truman meant Truman was not up to speed on what FDR was. They put less trust in VPs than commonly believed.

Yes.

A top-end Age Limit is appropriate.

The Founding Fathers did not anticipate this need.

That's why they made good provision for amending the Constitution over time, to accommodate such needs.

I am guessing that such an Amendment, as a stand-alone focus, would be ratified fairly quickly.

Here I am almost 86 and quite lucid and intelligent. But I bring up Presidents age.
Presidents are banned from being president until they are 35. Why this age? I believe the founders believed at 35 you can take on hard tasks. Presidents do not become presidents by accident. They live with goals and plans all over the place they intend to try. Failed candidates got there by having clear plans. They failed but not because they lacked goals and plans.

How about dealing with advanced age? I know that waking up daily is wonderful. I would be stupid not to think of dying. I don't focus on this. But it is a fact of how humans end up at the end. They die.

Think of presidents who have died in office. To replace say FDR with Truman meant Truman was not up to speed on what FDR was. They put less trust in VPs than commonly believed.

It's always been time to change the upper age limit.

Not without a constitutional amendment. With that provision, I certainly agree they should look at it.

Forum List

Back