You can't be president until you are 35. Is it time to have an upper limit on age?

It's a different age with everybody.

As far as my own understanding of the term, the onset coincides with the first time you ball up your fists and shake them at the kids to get off your lawn
Then, that would be 25 for me.

Little bastards playing football and broke my new Peach Trees. Not only that, they were having way too much fun doing it

When would those tests start? Trump was tested at times. Biden I hear has avoided them.
When they begin to start the process of getting the campaign started. they have to make it public no matter as a member of a party or as an independent. The results would not disqualify them but let the public know who they are voting for. I believe it would clear out a lot of the non-serious candidates that clutter the ballot

Trump still has his mental faculties intact. Biden does not.
No. Trump does not. I have watched a few of his rallies. He also lies, sooner than tell the truth if he thinks it personally beneficial, thinking his own people (that he says he doesn't care about, only wanting their vote) are too dumb to check what he says or know any better. Plus, he does not like the United States, favoring strongman authoritarian, even communist countries, but not democracies. I cannot remember a single democratic republic, he ever spoke well of, including ours. He stupidly thinks this is not a great nation. Does not understand economics, only as far as it should benefit him, personally, like any other idea that comes into his head by the last person he speaks to. Donny wasn't well balance 8 years ago, and has only gotten worse, possibly paranoid, and even delusional, certainly about his thinking he won the 2020 election. He will not even commit, today, to accepting the results, preferring to keep mob action available, as a fear tactic, if nothing else. And he does not listen to reasoned counsel, if it does not benefit him personally. He should have never been President, and should not, again, as he is unfit for the office.

Here I am almost 86 and quite lucid and intelligent. But I bring up Presidents age.
Presidents are banned from being president until they are 35. Why this age? I believe the founders believed at 35 you can take on hard tasks. Presidents do not become presidents by accident. They live with goals and plans all over the place they intend to try. Failed candidates got there by having clear plans. They failed but not because they lacked goals and plans.

How about dealing with advanced age? I know that waking up daily is wonderful. I would be stupid not to think of dying. I don't focus on this. But it is a fact of how humans end up at the end. They die.

Think of presidents who have died in office. To replace say FDR with Truman meant Truman was not up to speed on what FDR was. They put less trust in VPs than commonly believed.

Is it time to have an upper limit for presidents as to age?
I want to hear from serious posters.
We have an upper limit enforced by Primary Voters.

Why would we need anything else?

If you think a candidate is too old... don't vote for them to represent your party.

So simple even a caveman can do it.

Here is an odd way I’d like things to work. We don't have a term limits problem, we have an incumbency problem. Now bear with me here.

#1 No elected official in the Congress or the President is eligible for election in any other Federal elected position until at least 1 year has passed from the end of their current or 1 year after leaving their current federally elected position through retirement, resignation, or expulsion.

#2 No elected official may campaign or raise campaign funds while holding any federally elected office. You want to raise money to run for office, do it on our own time - not the taxpayers dime.
There would be no term limits on Presidents or members of Congress, however no individual may serve consecutive terms in any federal elected position even if the positions are different.

That means the President and members of Congress must leave the White House and Congress for at least 1 year before they can run for election again.

There would be no “incumbent” advantage as each seat starts with a clean slate.

Maybe if Presidents and members of Congress were more concerned about doing their jobs instead of raising campaign funds on the taxpayers time and running for reelection they would perform better. Get elected, do your job, leave and run again after a break on your own time.

WW

1719602174540.png

Negative, the age parents can carry their adult children on their insurance is 26.....IMHO they should not even be able to vote till they are on their own.
I can live with 26. Insurance status means nothing. Absolutely nothing in terms of voting. Perhaps then married in one's 20s also is a disqualifier?

No. Trump does not. I have watched a few of his rallies. He also lies, sooner than tell the truth if he thinks it personally beneficial, thinking his own people (that he says he doesn't care about, only wanting their vote) are too dumb to check what he says or know any better. Plus, he does not like the United States, favoring strongman authoritarian, even communist countries, but not democracies. I cannot remember a single democratic republic, he ever spoke well of, including ours. He stupidly thinks this is not a great nation. Does not understand economics, only as far as it should benefit him, personally, like any other idea that comes into his head by the last person he speaks to. Donny wasn't well balance 8 years ago, and has only gotten worse, possibly paranoid, and even delusional, certainly about his thinking he won the 2020 election. He will not even commit, today, to accepting the results, preferring to keep mob action available, as a fear tactic, if nothing else. And he does not listen to reasoned counsel, if it does not benefit him personally. He should have never been President, and should not, again, as he is unfit for the office.
Trump won the debate. I rest my case.

Last edited:
Here I am almost 86 and quite lucid and intelligent. But I bring up Presidents age.
Presidents are banned from being president until they are 35. Why this age? I believe the founders believed at 35 you can take on hard tasks. Presidents do not become presidents by accident. They live with goals and plans all over the place they intend to try. Failed candidates got there by having clear plans. They failed but not because they lacked goals and plans.

How about dealing with advanced age? I know that waking up daily is wonderful. I would be stupid not to think of dying. I don't focus on this. But it is a fact of how humans end up at the end. They die.

Think of presidents who have died in office. To replace say FDR with Truman meant Truman was not up to speed on what FDR was. They put less trust in VPs than commonly believed.

Is it time to have an upper limit for presidents as to age?
I want to hear from serious posters.
Hard one to answer. But I think that 80 should be the limit.

Forum List

Back