Anti Gunners cite and support a "well regulated militia" until a well regulated militia is formed.

Well! That's not Florida, but we have good black people here. I mean really good.

I'll take my FL black folk any day. I'm not even gonna say what their names are, but they're not the same as blacks from other places.
/---/ I grew up in South Carolina and can say the same thing.

Constitution Of The United States....

DURRRRRR
Generally referred to as "the Constitution"
You didn't know that?
1714736608292.gif

AND, in context....

Maybe you should send a copy to your buddies on the SCOTUS.
After their idiot decisions over the last 15 years it's obvious they've never read it.

OR

Maybe you could:
Show me where in your copy of "COTUS" (so as not to confuse you) the words "self defense appear
AND
Where in the Constitution (proper reference) an entity created by the government. A CORPORATION" is a person.

Generally referred to as "the Constitution"
You didn't know that?
View attachment 941425

AND, in context....

Maybe you should send a copy to your buddies on the SCOTUS.
After their idiot decisions over the last 15 years it's obvious they've never read it.

OR

Maybe you could:
Show me where in your copy of "COTUS" (so as not to confuse you) the words "self defense appear
AND
Where in the Constitution (proper reference) an entity created by the government. A CORPORATION" is a person.
/----/ "Where in the Constitution (proper reference) an entity created by the government. A CORPORATION" is a person."

Deny corporations artificial personhood, and the government can no longer, tax or regulate any corporation, nor can they be sued. All employment and environmental laws would be out the window. Is that what you want?

1886 Headnote Shifts the Meaning of the 14th Amendment​

Corporations aren’t specifically mentioned in the 14th Amendment, or anywhere else in the Constitution. But going back to the earliest years of the republic, when the Bank of the United States brought the first corporate rights case before the Supreme Court, U.S. corporations have sought many of the same rights guaranteed to individuals, including the rights to own property, enter into contracts, and to sue and be sued just like individuals.

But it wasn’t until the 1886 case Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Rail Road that the Court appeared to grant a corporation the same rights as an individual under the 14th Amendment.
The case is remembered less for the decision itself—the state had improperly assessed taxes to the railroad company—than for a headnote added to it by the court reporter at the time, which quoted Chief Justice Morrison Waite as saying: “The Court does not wish to hear argument on the question whether the provision in the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution which forbids a state to deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws applies to these corporations. We are all of opinion that it does.”

/----/ "Where in the Constitution (proper reference) an entity created by the government. A CORPORATION" is a person."

Deny corporations artificial personhood, and the government can no longer, tax or regulate any corporation, nor can they be sued. All employment and environmental laws would be out the window. Is that what you want?

1886 Headnote Shifts the Meaning of the 14th Amendment​

Corporations aren’t specifically mentioned in the 14th Amendment, or anywhere else in the Constitution. But going back to the earliest years of the republic, when the Bank of the United States brought the first corporate rights case before the Supreme Court, U.S. corporations have sought many of the same rights guaranteed to individuals, including the rights to own property, enter into contracts, and to sue and be sued just like individuals.

But it wasn’t until the 1886 case Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Rail Road that the Court appeared to grant a corporation the same rights as an individual under the 14th Amendment.
The case is remembered less for the decision itself—the state had improperly assessed taxes to the railroad company—than for a headnote added to it by the court reporter at the time, which quoted Chief Justice Morrison Waite as saying: “The Court does not wish to hear argument on the question whether the provision in the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution which forbids a state to deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws applies to these corporations. We are all of opinion that it does.”

So there's no where in the constitution that defines a corporation (the word corporation is not in the Constitution) as a person.

There is a federal death penalty.
Should Wal Mart, Walgreens, CVS and other drug sellers and manufacturers be tried for murder for their involvement in opioids?
No?
NOT A PERSON.

This ruling like Heller was pulled waaaay out of someone's ass to serve their corporate masters

So there's no where in the constitution that defines a corporation (the word corporation is not in the Constitution) as a person.

There is a federal death penalty.
Should Wal Mart, Walgreens, CVS and other drug sellers and manufacturers be tried for murder for their involvement in opioids?
No?
NOT A PERSON.

This ruling like Heller was pulled waaaay out of someone's ass to serve their corporate masters
/——-/ Did you just ignore my question or chose to not answer? Once again: Deny corporations artificial personhood, and the government can no longer, tax or regulate any corporation, nor can they be sued. All employment and environmental laws would be out the window. Is that what you want?

/——-/ Did you just ignore my question or chose to not answer? Once again: Deny corporations artificial personhood, and the government can no longer, tax or regulate any corporation, nor can they be sued. All employment and environmental laws would be out the window. Is that what you want?
If corporations want personhood they're in or out not as Lily's doctor would say
1714745566019.png

So in 76 when Ford refused to recall the Pinto it knew was killing people because fighting the lawsuits and losing was cheaper than a recall the CORPORATION as a person should have been charged with murder and sentenced to death?

In or out.

If corporations are going to be "persons" they must be held to account for their crimes just as a person would.

Ready to kill Ford? Occidental?
How about all the tobacco companies?

You're a person or not a person.

Forum List

Back