Anxiety due to health concerns etc. but can't exercise.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
In the past, I was the calmest of men. I still do have low blood pressure but my anxiety is much higher than normal now especially as the "health care" I am supposed to receive is not being delivered at all.

Due to my health issues I cannot work out as I used to since when I do I get a pain behind and above my eye. I can't even do push ups without the pain and my body sends the red alert "stop what you are doing this is dangerous". Working out was extremely relaxing for me, it was night and day before and after the gym as I would be exhausted and in bliss.

I have tried to jog a bit and it helps me relax a little and I don't get the same pain as I don't sprint, however, I then have to worry about my knees.

What do you guys do to decrease anxiety, outside of exercise; when you have the weight of the world on your shoulders?

My wife and I separated and it was not a healthy situation for any men to be in and it is better that I am not subjected to that abuse any longer, however, when days were good I at least had a support system.

I also lost my elderly dog and this was a major loss in my life. His passing shattered me more than I expected. He was critical to my well being when my wife I separated, especially the first few months. The best dog a man could ask for and I did all I could. He and I were inseparatable to the very end. I almost feel ashamed to realize that in many ways he was my support dog. He always had me laughing and I even a small scar on my body for protecting him so long ago but that's another story.

Anyways as to how to relax? I read a bit, listen to music and I try to get some sun to give me a boost, but anxiety can be tough to crack.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
I workout, and if you can't lift weights, there are other options for working out that will not only decrease anxiety but also increase strength and overall well being, don't be afraid to try new things.

This is a great low impact workout for your legs (you will absolutely feel it).

YouTube

I also take a 5 mg gummy now and again.

I workout, and if you can't lift weights, there are other options for working out that will not only decrease anxiety but also increase strength and overall well being, don't be afraid to try new things.

This is a great low impact workout for your legs (you will absolutely feel it).

YouTube

I also take a 5 mg gummy now and again.

What is gummy?

In the past, I was the calmest of men. I still do have low blood pressure but my anxiety is much higher than normal now especially as the "health care" I am supposed to receive is not being delivered at all.

Due to my health issues I cannot work out as I used to since when I do I get a pain behind and above my eye. I can't even do push ups without the pain and my body sends the red alert "stop what you are doing this is dangerous". Working out was extremely relaxing for me, it was night and day before and after the gym as I would be exhausted and in bliss.

I have tried to jog a bit and it helps me relax a little and I don't get the same pain as I don't sprint, however, I then have to worry about my knees.

What do you guys do to decrease anxiety, outside of exercise; when you have the weight of the world on your shoulders?

My wife and I separated and it was not a healthy situation for any men to be in and it is better that I am not subjected to that abuse any longer, however, when days were good I at least had a support system.

I also lost my elderly dog and this was a major loss in my life. His passing shattered me more than I expected. He was critical to my well being when my wife I separated, especially the first few months. The best dog a man could ask for and I did all I could. He and I were inseparatable to the very end. I almost feel ashamed to realize that in many ways he was my support dog. He always had me laughing and I even a small scar on my body for protecting him so long ago but that's another story.

Anyways as to how to relax? I read a bit, listen to music and I try to get some sun to give me a boost, but anxiety can be tough to crack.

Thank you for your time.
OK, technically, it's still exercise, but a lower impact form. Maybe low impact will help with the pain and relaxation.
When I'm stressed and it's nice out, I walk at a brisk pace and try to not let intrusive thoughts bug me.
At night, I'll practice Yoga (avoid dipping head below waist if you get that pain behind your eye) and gentle static stretching and try to do the same mindful thinking before I go to bed.

Saving that, read a good book that DOES NOT involve politics of any nature, or anything that will spike your adrenaline before bed.
No caffeine or alcohol within 10 hours of bedtime. Turn off all screens and TV one hour before bed and try to meditate.

There is absolutely no shame in being devastated over the loss of a beloved pet.
Ours passed almost a year ago and we still haven't quite fully recovered.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your time.
Ordinary I would hit the gum. That is temporarily closed to me. Medically, there is only one way to relieve anxiety and lower blood pressure without medication. Get a dog. Just petting a dog has a beneficial affect on human beings.

OK, technically, it's still exercise, but a lower impact form. Maybe low impact will help with the pain and relaxation.
When I'm stressed and it's nice out, I walk at a brisk pace and try to not let intrusive thoughts bug me.
At night, I'll practice Yoga (avoid dipping head below waist if you get that pain behind your eye) and gentle static stretching and try to do the same mindful thinking before I go to bed.

Saving that, read a good book that DOES NOT involve politics of any nature, or anything that will spike your adrenaline before bed.
No caffeine or alcohol within 10 hours of bedtime. Turn off all screens and TV one hour before bed and try to meditate.

There is absolutely no shame in being devastated over the loss of a beloved pet.
Ours passed almost a year ago and we still haven't quite fully recovered.

Good Luck!

Yeah, I never realized how much of a best friend my dog was. Well I knew, but I didnt realize how much he relaxed me. When we'd go for a walk, when he was sick and I had to heal him. When he would follow me like my shadow, sometimes surprise me and I'd laugh which made him pant with that smile on his face.

If I at least had exercise in my arsenal I could get through it with ease. It is very frustrating.

Ordinary I would hit the gum. That is temporarily closed to me. Medically, there is only one way to relieve anxiety and lower blood pressure without medication. Get a dog. Just petting a dog has a beneficial affect on human beings.

I just lost my boy. I still have countless items of his, expensive, healthy foods etc.

As I am looking to sell my home, over a year and a half since my wife and I separated and I am still living here. I will have to find a new place if and when I sell, maybe even a new country, I don't know. Thus, I cannot get a dog until this place is sold.

I just lost my boy. I still have countless items of his, expensive, healthy foods etc.

As I am looking to sell my home, over a year and a half since my wife and I separated and I am still living here. I will have to find a new place if and when I sell, maybe even a new country, I don't know. Thus, I cannot get a dog until this place is sold.
Volunteer at a shelter. Of course you can get a dog. It would be no different than if you had a dog to begin with. Why would you look for excuses to hang on to your pain?

Thank you for your time.
Get another dog, ASAP.
Lot's of sex
swimming

Donate the toys and food that's still fresh and not expired to an animal shelter. It will make you feel a little better knowing you've passed some of your best friends playthings and nourishment along to help another dog in need.
Take the rest of his items and place them into a solid colored tote (Not a clear one) and pack it away somewhere you can only see if it if you try. It does no good to keep having to stare at those reminders everyday.

Volunteer at a shelter. Of course you can get a dog. It would be no different than if you had a dog to begin with. Why would you look for excuses to hang on to your pain?

Well, I prayed to G-d last year to give me one more year with my dog I wouldn't be able to handle it all if he died. I rescued him when he was just 4 weeks old, was with him for each day of his 13 years, he was my robin to batman. He was very sick last year but I did all I could and was able to extend his life for just over a year. If I had known I would have prayed for 5 more years with him,.

Anyways. Him being here was a bit of an issue if I have to move on in the world because it is difficult to find a place to rent with a dog. Also, what if we went into a building? It would be a great deal of work for him, something he wasn't accustomed to.

So, I need to sell my home and restart my life. It's the anxiety that hits me much harder than in the past. He was a bit of a shield for me as I had a routine that I had for 13 years. He was the constant, never a bad day with him even when it was a bad day relatively speaking.

Forum List

Back