Any Here Have Donkeys?

The story of The American Catalog by Mr.Sears. Started in 1862 as a watch maker his business grew to the largest reatailer till the 1979s.

To skip some of the introductions, [ although very informative in a little American history some may not find it interesing } , slide your curser to the 15 minute portion of this video.

This Sears and Robuck Co. is where Imy mother ordered my first donkey, Katy in 1959.
She came in from Mexico on rail. At the time Atlanta had a stockyard at the Atlanta RR Station. Back then they were called Mexican Burros, not donkeys. My last donkey in 1996 was Rosie was Sicylian.

I enjoyed the visit in history.

So much fun and full of surprises. They can come up with many games in their beautiful long eared big heads.

We had a 10 acrea lake in Stone Mountain Ga. fed by natural springs and swam it it with the water rattlers for 13 yr.s old my life. I had just got out of the water and Katy came up on the sloped bank.

I said " I'm going to get me a ride', Her ears laid down on her neck [ means don't mess with me kiddo, your wet and I don't like wet ].

She came charging to bluff me but I stood still and she and I rolled down the enbankment her head over ' hooves ' to the waters edge. She kept me inside her legs on her under belly to protect me from serious injury.

They are so smart.

Forum List

Back