Any stupid, funny movies one can recommend?

Thinking of some movies that a Canadian would laugh along with....this one is quite amusing. lol

Greg

I notice none of these movies suggested are recent. It has been a l9ng time since I have seen a new funny movie. It seems to be a lost art.

If you can find it!
Weekend at Bernies

I notice none of these movies suggested are recent. It has been a l9ng time since I have seen a new funny movie. It seems to be a lost art.

If you can find it!
Weekend at Bernies
Horrible movie.

Go with anything else.

I generally like non-fiction, historical, war movies or those that force me to ponder and dissect the plot.

With my current health and stress, I just want a recommendation of a dumb/funny movie. It prefer witty comedies but today they could be as stupid as American Pie as long as there isn't excessive swearing. I'm not big on heavy cursing in movies unless it's organic in nature in one of the gritty movies I watch.

Anyways. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you for your time.
I don't like dumb comedies. I like intelligent comedies that you can just relax and enjoy, not take too seriously, but enjoy good acting, good story line, good directing.

Some of our very favorites:
"Six Days Seven Nights" Harrison Ford, Anne Heche, David Schwimmer,
"Down Periscope" Kelsey Grammer
"My Cousin Vinny" Joe Pesci, Marisa Tomei
"Dave" Kevin Kline, Sigourney Weaver
"Moonstruck" Cher, Nicholas Cage
"Guarding Tess" Shirley MacLaine, Nicholas Cage
"Amos and Andrew" Nicholas Cage and Samuel L Jackson
"Coming to America" Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall, James Earl Jones
"Trading Places" Eddie Murphy, Dan Ackroyd, Jamie Lee Curtis
"Armageddon" Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton, Ben Affleck (many might argue with me whether this is a comedy but in my opinion it is.)
"Overboard" Goldie Hawn Kurt Russell
"Father Goose" Cary Grant Leslie Caron

There are a number of others but these off the top of my head would keep you entertained for awhile without pickling your brain :)

Last edited:
I don't like dumb comedies. I like intelligent comedies that you can just relax and enjoy, not take too seriously, but enjoy good acting, good story line, good directing.

Some of our very favorites:
"Six Days Seven Nights" Harrison Ford, Anne Heche, David Schwimmer,
"Down Periscope" Kelsey Grammer
"My Cousin Vinny" Joe Pesci, Marisa Tomei
"Dave" Kevin Kline
"Moonstruck" Cher, Nicholas Cage
"Guarding Tess" Shirley MacLaine, Nicholas Cage
"Amos and Andrew" Nicholas Cage and Samuel L Jackson
"Coming to America" Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall, James Earl Jones
"Trading Places" Eddie Murphy, Dan Ackroyd, Jamie Lee Curtis
"Armageddon" Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton, Ben Affleck (many might argue with me whether this is a comedy but in my opinion it is.)
"Overboard" Goldie Hawn Kurt Russell
"Father Goose" Cary Grant Leslie Caron

There are a number of others but these off the top of my head would keep you entertained for awhile without pickling your brain :)
Aww, I Love the movie Father Goose. Absolutely a great comedy.

Along with His Girl Friday.

I generally like non-fiction, historical, war movies or those that force me to ponder and dissect the plot.

With my current health and stress, I just want a recommendation of a dumb/funny movie. It prefer witty comedies but today they could be as stupid as American Pie as long as there isn't excessive swearing. I'm not big on heavy cursing in movies unless it's organic in nature in one of the gritty movies I watch.

Thank you for your time.
Naked gun

My faves growing up were several. Oddly, I was a class clown as a kid and I adored comedies. I will laugh until I was in tears.

A Fish Called Wanda was one of my faves

Space Balls,

Porkys

Police Academy

Smokey and The Bandit

Mr. Mom

Strange Brew

Trading Places

Back to School

48 Hours

Planes Trains and Automobiles

Just to name a few. The good old days I guess.

Thank you for your time.

Chicken Little. It's got loads of funny references in it. I was watching it multiple times in 10 minute sections over a month or so.... got to see all the little in jokes.

Thank you for your time.
SuperBad. A silly "coming of age" movie but it's really funny.

Forum List

Back