Anyone actually like their job

I always like the work I do.

It's the heinously corrupt companies that are hell bent on abusing employees and ripping away their souls and paychecks anyway they can, that I despise.

mr_burns_evil.gif

My job is easy, unrewarding, and I have always done it well, which gives me a total hands off approach from management, I speak with an engineer about what needs to be done today (the engineer being part of a rotation that stays for 18 months, and then leaves and is replaced by another fresh faced college graduate just starting their career) and they couldn't be more accommodating to me. I have zero stress in my job.

The pay is good, the benefits (medical, vacation, ease getting time off) are excellent, but I can't remember if there was ever a time I looked forward to going into work. I can't remember if there ever was, so no, I don't like my job, but am damn grateful for it. I have worked in it 27 years, and have a year and half more to go. I'm so ready to be done with it, I am counting the days on the calendar constantly. I won't miss it a bit, but I will always be grateful for what it provided for me, and that's why I strive to always do the best job I can.

I think I would like my job better if it were in a Las Vegas fast food joint.
I don’t own a fast food joint
I own a franchise
I can’t disclose it
Why not?

Is it some kind of secret cover organization for MI5?
No, he doesn't want any of the inappropriate, unethical and racists things he says in this forum to get back to the franchise board. He probably violates their terms at least once a week. ;-)

I own a franchise
I can’t disclose it
Why not?

No, he doesn't want any of the inappropriate, unethical and racists things he says in this forum to get back to the franchise board. He probably violates their terms at least once a week. ;-)
Only against blacks lol

I own a franchise
I can’t disclose it
Why not?

Only against blacks lol
LOL, you're not supposed to admit it, then I'm obligated to do something about it.

Last edited:
I've loved every job I've ever had!!! From first job as a teen... I've always seen my job as my way out... Money, to do the things I wanted to do with it... instead of what my parents wanted me to do with an allowance from them....so from a very young age, I've viewed every job I've had, as a positive! And loved every one of them!

I've loved every job I've ever had!!! From first job as a teen... I've always seen my job as my way out... Money, to do the things I wanted to do with it... instead of what my parents wanted me to do with an allowance from them....so from a very young age, I've viewed every job I've had, as a positive! And loved every one of them!
I agree with your attitude, even if the job wasn't great or something I wanted to do forever, it was often a means to an end and a stepping stone to my ultimate goal(s). Particularly when I was young I always felt obligated to do the the job to the best of ability to pay back the employer for having granted me the opportunity to demonstrate my potential. I can't truthfully state however that every job was a good one, there were a couple that were a friggen soul crushing, illness inducing living nightmare.

I really lucked out when my current manager found me :)

I agree with your attitude, even if the job wasn't great or something I wanted to do forever, it was often a means to an end and a stepping stone to my ultimate goal(s). Particularly when I was young I always felt obligated to do the the job to the best of ability to pay back the employer for having granted me the opportunity to demonstrate my potential. I can't truthfully state however that every job was a good one, there were a couple that were a friggen soul crushing, illness inducing living nightmare.

I really lucked out when my current manager found me :)
I've really enjoyed every job I've ever had...I've just been really lucky! Yes, I've had some cruddy bosses, but I've still loved what my job was....and always ended up out living the cruddy bosses, even promoted in to their positions, and have had the pleasure of seeing them thrown out the door...!! :)

I'm in a different profession now that I'm "retired". I used to run nightclubs. Loved that job. Now I teach golf. I love golf and I love to teach so I love this job.

I've never understood why people stay in jobs they hate. Life's too short, folks! Do what makes you happy.

I used to run nightclubs. Loved that job.
Some people would find fault with the morality of that of course — but managing that particular "crowd" is a job somebody's got to do regardless. There are nightclubs with more or less or no alcohol / marijuana at all, depending on preference.
Now I teach golf. I love golf and I love to teach so I love this job.
I don't play golf. There's a "Fore!" and somebody's hitting a ball with a stick in an otherwise nice park, and I don't know if isn't a shooting iron or firearm of some sort, but I do know they aren't hunting moose or elk with it, and that bag of golf clubs doesn't hold fishing poles or tackle or bait or anything else that will get you in trouble with the fish and game department if not the bureau of alcohol tobacco, firearms, and explosives.

I was a Marine I enjoyed that for 14 of the 16 years I was in, I got satisfaction from it and looked forward (mostly) to each day. I got mental problems and the last 2 years I lost some control till I lost it all which made life difficult. It wasn't the Marine Corps fault at all.
Granted of course, the Marine Corps is far saner than any of the other branches of the U.S. Military, nonetheless, I have my suspicions, whenever generals and secretaries out of D.C. are involved.

Personnel who need professional help? Let's just call it a Gun Control Corps.

Last edited:
Its a tough job being a male prostitute. My clients are women in their late 30s and up, and I only have a dozen clients. Its not easy to keep a dozen woman satisfied, but somebody has to do it. Its not the most exciting job, but the tips are great.

Forum List

Back