Anyone else considering the new Darkhorse Mustang?

elchorizo

Platinum Member
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2009
Looks like the configurator is finally up so you can build/price your features and options.

darkhorse-configurator2.jpg

We have a site going if anyone is interested and want's to check it out.

Ford could use some Mustang buyers. That's for sure
It's been a while since owning a 1985 GT.
Have fun.

It looks similar to a Camaro -- but a better design than the previous model....
Challenger still has the best design when it comes to muscle cars

• Admin
It looks similar to a Camaro -- but a better design than the previous model....
Challenger still has the best design when it comes to muscle cars

The Challenger is a huge vehicle. Very heavy. Uses the same frame/platform as the Dodge Magnum. It needed to be about 1200 pounds lighter and smaller to really be what I wanted it to be.... but the cost for R&D and having a unique platform for their muscle cars I guess they decided wasn't worth it.

Looks like the configurator is finally up so you can build/price your features and options.

View attachment 770067

$70 Grand for a Mustang? That plus lousy gas mileage and the piles of speeding tickets, not for me thanks.

$70 Grand for a Mustang? That plus lousy gas mileage and the piles of speeding tickets, not for me thanks.

You can improve the mileage by not speeding. And you can solve the speeding tickets the same way as well. In short, don't drive like a maniac just because you can.

$70,000?.... wow... nice looking ride though...

The Mustang was conceived as a “working man's Thunderbird,” according to Ford. The first models featured a long hood and short rear deck and carried a starting price tag of around $2,300.

View attachment 770067

As for your "interested" question, no. I doubt I will buy a domestic car ever again.

You can improve the mileage by not speeding. And you can solve the speeding tickets the same way as well. In short, don't drive like a maniac just because you can.
I'm an old man (and drive like one) but doesn't that defeat the purpose of buying a Mustang?

I have trouble accepting anything Ford says at face value. It has a history of designing counterfeit cars and misleading customers as to what they are really buying. A four door Mustang? EVs that don't get their advertised range? Turbo V6s that get worse actual mileage than V8s? Pickup trucks without rear bumpers or spare tires? C'mon, man!

I'm an old man (and drive like one) but doesn't that defeat the purpose of buying a Mustang?

The only reason to buy a car like that is to race and speed. I think I'll just not buy a $70K Mustang.

Dunno about the rest of you, but I like knowing that I have power and ponies whenever I need it. By the time I'd finished with my Harley, I had a machine that would hit 130 no problem, had torque for days, and was quicker than hell off the line. Changed the carb, dropped a cam kit into it as well as a couple of other things and had a bike that would SCREAM.

However................................

Spent most of the time keeping close to the speed limit, and didn't hot rod around town very much. Just wanted to have the power there if I needed it, and there were a couple of times that the speed and acceleration was able to keep me from becoming a hood ornament. If I'd kept it stock, I would have ended up in the hospital for lack of power and acceleration. Also came in useful whenever someone wanted to tell me that my bike wasn't fast enough to keep up with them (thing would cruise at 100 no problem, and keep it up as long as I needed).

No. There are other reasons to own a nice machine other than speeding and racing.

I've always had a soft spot for Mustangs. I've owned Mustangs before and another one is still on my bucket list at some point. Even though they get peed on pretty much all of the time over on the Corvette forum.

I was looking at a '68 Shelby GT350 the other day that was reasonably priced and fully restored. It was a pretty good deal actually. Didn't like the color, though.

That's a nice looking web site, btw. Your banner is crooked, though. Sets my OCD off...

For a few thousand you can get a capable big engine muscle car, put about a thousand dollars worth of parts into it and a lot of your own work and end up with something pretty close as far as HP and performance, but without all of the high tech and frills and save about $50K.

Me, I absolutely do not want a TV screen, map and electronic imitation LCD displays in any car of mine. If I am going that far that I might get lost, I can stick my Garmin Nuvi on the dash, otherwise, I prefer real mechanical gauges and real switches and buttons, not software.

Forum List

Back