Good News for the Global Warming Concerned: Fossil Fuel is a Finite Resource, so the Free Market will Take Care of its Demise

Without a doubt organic matter (plants and animals) is the source of hydrocarbons for the vast majority of conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
--and you know that's true because, well you just know it. Not only that, but this proves that there was once life throughout the solar system.

Lots of possibilities for the origins of petroleum and many are true. One we know for sure of is that oil can be found naturally w/o life.
Not really. No inanimate object ever took crude and refined it into 10w-30 oil. Oil as we use it isn’t found naturally…

Not really. No inanimate object ever took crude and refined it into 10w-30 oil. Oil as we use it isn’t found naturally…
You're absolutely right because as we use oil we're driving cars wish are not found in nature. Then again how will you explain all the Maseratis photographed by NASA parked on the surface of Io?

Words mean things, dumbass. You specifically claimed those hydrocarbons explained abiotic oil on Earth.

English as a second language? ... let's review shall we:

There's liquid lakes of hydrocarbons on Saturn's moon Titan ... profoundly abiotic ... the problem here on Earth is every carbon atom has been through a life form at least once ... "beyond the trace few gallons" ...

I'm sorry, I don't see the word "oil" anywhere ... see I used the word hydrocarbon, which includes waxes ... interestingly, my claim is the opposite of what you understood, that almost all carbon on Earth has been involved in some life form at some time these past 4.6 billion years ...

I said carbon on Titan is all abiotic, "Titan" meaning the moon that orbits Saturn ...

Go fuck Chick, she needs a baby in her belly ...

English as a second language? ... let's review shall we:
And, predictably, you're going with "let me mangle the language" as an evasion tactic.

Your "DERP! THERE'S ABIOTIC OIL!" conspiracy theory is stupid. Own up to that and move on. Raging at me won't make you look any less dumb.

You're absolutely right because as we use oil we're driving cars wish are not found in nature. Then again how will you explain all the Maseratis photographed by NASA parked on the surface of Io?
Surface of lo ? What have you been drinking ? We can make oil from a variety of sources….but we still have to use it after being refined as a combustable for mechanical energy…regardless, this combustion produces pollutants.

I used to think so, but construction sand is diferent from beach sand..
“Construction sand and beach sea sand have different properties. Construction sand is typically finer-grained than beach sand and has a more uniform grain size. This makes it ideal for use in concrete and mortar mixes, as it helps to bind the other ingredients together and provides strength and durability to the finished product.”
In the UK, we have Silver Sand (aka kiln dried) which is very fine sand for brushing between block pavers and making burnt mastic. Building sand for regular mortar. Then coarser still, rendering sand, for making render to cover walls. Then coarser still, sharp sand for lime mortars and screeding for block paving.

But back to the link, as the decades pass, nuclear fusion will save the day.

In the UK, we have Silver Sand (aka kiln dried) which is very fine sand for brushing between block pavers and making burnt mastic. Building sand for regular mortar. Then coarser still, rendering sand, for making render to cover walls. Then coarser still, sharp sand for lime mortars and screeding for block paving.

But back to the link, as the decades pass, nuclear fusion will save the day.
Nuclear fusion is saving the day now.

Well, at the moment the alarmists love solar, nuclear fusion. Once it's harnessed here, you can put your little toys away.
We already depend upon nuclear fusion ! It’s nothing new. We’ve been depending upon nuclear fusion since the earth was formed….and before. All the energy we commonly use comes from nuclear fusion. The winds, thermal energy and hydro power all depend upon nuclear fusion.
We have already been using nuclear fusion for decades….just not DIRECTLY to produce electricity.
You talk like it’s something new….

Last edited:
We already depend upon nuclear fusion ! It’s nothing new. We’ve been depending upon nuclear fusion since the earth was formed….and before. All the energy we commonly use comes from nuclear fusion. The winds, thermal energy and hydro power all depend upon nuclear fusion.
We have already been using nuclear fusion for decades….just not DIRECTLY to produce electricity.
You talk like it’s something new….
Our reactors are fission, scientists are trying to design/harness/produce fusion on planet earth. Most alarmists are usually against nuclear, yet they pay homage to solar panels.

I'll believe when I see it.
Scientists have repeated a fusion experiment where the reactor produced a greater output of energy than it's input. It's taken decades to get that far and they reckon fusion reactors could be up and running in 50ish years. So if you last the next 50ish years, then you will get to see it to believe it.

Forum List

Back