Biden and supporters believed this 42 years ago... and more so today!

Your calculations are dishonest. Can you tell us why? I'll start you off:

1. Sea level rise is increasing each year.
Yes no one disputes the sea level is increasing each year... but when will for example Miami, FL
be under sea water 365 days a year... how long?
FACTS:
In 2014, global average sea level was 2.6 inches (67 mm) above the 1993 average,

That is 21 years and was 2.6 inches higher in 2014 than 1993.
This was an increase of 0.12 inches per year. Simple math 21 years divided by 2.6 inches.
NOTE: increase was 0.12 inches per year.
Now the most recent FACT:
Global average sea level rose by about 0.3 inches (0.76 centimeters) from 2022 to 2023,
Then assuming the sea level increased each year from 2014 was at 0.3 inches or an average increase per year of 0.3 inches (2023-2022) minus 0.12 inches in 2014 that should be .18 inch/year in 21 years.
So from 2014 to 2023 or nine years the rate per year should have increased
Screen Shot 2024-05-28 at 7.00.31 AM.png

Over the past 100 years, global temperatures have risen about 1 degree C (1.8 degrees F), with sea level response to that warming totaling about 160 to 210 mm or about 6 to 8 inches.
The average increase therefore over 100 years is about 0.8 of inch per year.
So using sea level rising 0.8 inches in one year and if Miami, Florida is only 6.562 feet above sea level.
To cover Miami Fl will take over 79 inches increase at 0.8 inches per year or 98 years.
Please tell me where the facts are wrong!

Yes no one disputes the sea level is increasing each year... but when will for example Miami, FL
be under sea water 365 days a year... how long?
Do you think that the declaration that it is unlivable will wait for that point? Do you think THAT is when people would BEGIN to react? I just read a NYTimes editorial by economist Paul Krugman who points out that almost everyone in the southeast US and particularly in Florida rely on septic tanks. Guess what happens to septic tanks as sea level rises? The water table ashore rises with it and septic tanks begin to overflow. How much will it cost to build pumped sewage systems for the millions of people that will be affected by that? And that is all long before flooding has become a serious problem.

Here poster healthmyths presents a selected group of...
...intended to give you all a false impression
In 2014, global average sea level was 2.6 inches (67 mm) above the 1993 average,

That is 21 years and was 2.6 inches higher in 2014 than 1993.
This was an increase of 0.12 inches per year. Simple math 21 years divided by 2.6 inches.
NOTE: increase was 0.12 inches per year.
Now the most recent FACT:
Global average sea level rose by about 0.3 inches (0.76 centimeters) from 2022 to 2023,
Then assuming the sea level increased each year from 2014 was at 0.3 inches or an average increase per year of 0.3 inches (2023-2022) minus 0.12 inches in 2014 that should be .18 inch/year in 21 years.
So from 2014 to 2023 or nine years the rate per year should have increased
View attachment 953130
Baffle them with your bullshit?
1716901665739.png

Note the slight upward curve in the blue line (quadratic fit). That is the acceleration of sea level rise.
Over the past 100 years, global temperatures have risen about 1 degree C (1.8 degrees F), with sea level response to that warming totaling about 160 to 210 mm or about 6 to 8 inches.
Yes. And the relationship between temperature and sea level is not completely linear. Sea level rise has three components: thermal expansion of water from rising temperatures, the melting of landborne ice and isostasy. Thermal expansion is the only one that has an approximately linear relationship with temperature. But temperature increase itself has certainly not been linear, particularly in the oceans over the last decade or so. Ice melt is prone to catastrophic increase and in Antarctica and Greenland, where the greatest accumulation of ice has produced the greatest subsidence, the rapid melt is producing the greatest isostatic rebound - uplift - reducing the volume available to hold that new meltwater.
The average increase therefore over 100 years is about 0.8 of inch per year.
So using sea level rising 0.8 inches in one year and if Miami, Florida is only 6.562 feet above sea level.
To cover Miami Fl will take over 79 inches increase at 0.8 inches per year or 98 years.
Please tell me where the facts are wrong!
Miami-Dade County is already spending millions of dollars every year to protect itself from rising sea levels.

Last edited:
Do you think that the declaration that it is unlivable will wait for that point? Do you think THAT is when people would BEGIN to react? I just read a NYTimes editorial by economist Paul Krugman who points out that almost everyone in the southeast US and particularly in Florida rely on septic tanks. Guess what happens to septic tanks as sea level rises? The water table ashore rises with it and septic tanks begin to overflow. How much will it cost to build pumped sewage systems for the millions of people that will be affected by that? And that is all long before flooding has become a serious problem.

Here poster healthmyths presents a selected group of...

...intended to give you all a false impression

Baffle them with your bullshit?
View attachment 953150
Note the slight upward curve in the blue line (quadratic fit). That is the acceleration of sea level rise.

Yes. And the relationship between temperature and sea level is not completely linear. Sea level rise has three components: thermal expansion of water from rising temperatures, the melting of landborne ice and isostasy. Thermal expansion is the only one that has an approximately linear relationship with temperature. But temperature increase itself has certainly not been linear, particularly in the oceans over the last decade or so. Ice melt is prone to catastrophic increase and in Antarctica and Greenland, where the greatest accumulation of ice has produced the greatest subsidence, the rapid melt is producing the greatest isostatic rebound - uplift - reducing the volume available to hold that new meltwater.

Miami-Dade County is already spending millions of dollars every year to protect itself from rising sea levels.
And good for them! The problem though is the "guarantee" of Biden and his administration.
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

This idiot instead of being a rational logical respondent who should have said...
"I firmly believe that energy companies using fossil fuels have been working on reducing CO2 emissions and that working with them instead of making them the bad guys, makes more sense.
Working with them rather than passing legislation to rid fossil fuels, will allow them two alternatives:

1) The fossil fuel companies can find ways to reduce the amount of CO2 emissions and or
2) Work on slowly, methodically, means to replace eventually fossil fuels."

Now the above is what Biden should have said... instead he guarantees to destroy it!
HOW DUMB!
But instead, Biden does everything to destroy an industry that has 8.1 million workers in 2022
and In 2021, the U.S. spent $1.3 trillion on energy, or 5.7% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP).

Case in point of the poor planning by Biden's administration are the charging stations.
Biden's $7.5 billion investment in EV charging has only produced 7 stations in two years.
President Biden has long vowed to build 500,000 electric vehicle charging stations in the United States by 2030.

Calculate annual sea level rise as accurately as possible, according to predictions of increase predicted by experts in the field. I don't have that information right now.

Calculate annual sea level rise as accurately as possible, according to predictions of increase predicted by experts in the field. I don't have that information right now.
1716912823342.png

IPCC's AR6, SPM.8

Expanded sea level graph

1716912887830.png

What do you call this?
However, sea level rise has accelerated drastically along the U.S. Southeast and Gulf coasts since 2010 and is now more than 10 mm/year (3.9 inches/decade) — about triple the global rate.
How many inches per year is 3.9 inches divided by 10 (decade)? Answer: .39 inches
So divide 79 inches (6.562 feet above sea level..Miami) by .39 inches per year is how many years?
79/.39 equals 203 years.
So correct me if my math is wrong...
Let's assume the figure of .39 / year is way off by the scientists. But the sea level is 1 inch per year and there is 79 inches in 6.562 feet above sea level for Miami, FL.
that would be 79 years... Right.
.50 inches rising per year divided into 79 inches would be 158 years.
So .39 inches in 1 year divided into 79 inches would be 203 years!
So where is there a problem?
Remember the science was telling us in 1982...
Dan Rather spreads fear in this 1982 CBS News report featuring a young and stupid Al Gore, predicting that 25% of Florida will be underwater.

The "science" told Gore and Gore told Rather that
But they NEVER said how many years before 25% to be underwater!

Crick,
This board's members are too busy with their spamming and denialism for a serious discussion to take place.

And frankly, the denial has expired as world events indicate worst case outcomes.

You mean how to stop humans from developing the land? You mean force us into a utopia that will never be achieved?
Crick,
This board's members are too busy with their spamming and denialism for a serious discussion to take place.

And frankly, the denial has expired as world events indicate worst case outcomes.
You environazis are total whackjobs.

You mean how to stop humans from developing the land? You mean force us into a utopia that will never be achieved?

You environazis are total whackjobs.
How about eliminate GHG emissions through technological fixes and otherwise allow the world to move along exactly as it was?

The only people really threatened by the fix to global warming are the owners of the world's fossil fuel industries. That's why it continuously stuns me that they've convinced so many of you they're angels and it's the scientists who are the greedy liars.

How about eliminate GHG emissions through technological fixes and otherwise allow the world to move along exactly as it was?
1. It's not feasible.
2. It's not necessary.

Your calculations are dishonest. Can you tell us why? I'll start you off:

1. Sea level rise is increasing each year.
The sea level has been rising since the last glacial maximum. About 6,000 years ago it leveled out at 3 to 4 mm/yr. So yes, the sea level has been rising each year. Brilliant.

When it triples, let me know.

According to Chick-e-poo's numbers ... sea levels will be 19 inches higher by Year 2100 ... that leaves Miami International Airport only 5 feet above mean sea level ... and New Orleans' Ninth Ward 12 feet below sea level ...

One man with one shovel can protect the entirety of Houston, Texas ... with enough time left over to retire early ...

According to Chick-e-poo's numbers ... sea levels will be 19 inches higher by Year 2100 ... that leaves Miami International Airport only 5 feet above mean sea level ... and New Orleans' Ninth Ward 12 feet below sea level ...

One man with one shovel can protect the entirety of Houston, Texas ... with enough time left over to retire early ...
You underestimate the projection for the most favorable scenario. The actual range of predictions runs from just below 0.5 meters (19.7 inches) to just over 1 meter (39.4 inches) with higher values caused by catastrophic or unexpected glacial melt still possible. The projection goes on to the year 2300 with estimates ranging from 0.5m (19.7 inches (1.6 ft)) to 7m (275.8 inches (23.0 ft)) with levels in excess of 15m (591 inches (49.3 ft) not ruled out

The only people really threatened by the fix to global warming are the owners of the world's fossil fuel industries. That's why it continuously stuns me that they've convinced so many of you they're angels and it's the scientists who are the greedy liars.
Who do you think the owners are of the world's fossil fuel industries?
FACT:
only about one percent of the shares of the five major oil companies are held by officers and directors of these companies.

So who are the other 99%????
The rest is held by institutional investors and individual Americans, mostly in retirement accounts.

Do you understand that??? 99% of the stock is owned individual American investors and institutional investors. INDIVIDUALS!

Now as far as "fixing global warming" I agree with you that we should find alternatives.
But not stupidly destroying FIRST the fossil fuel industry as Biden has guaranteed!
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

One of the FASTEST ways to raise gas prices is to tell fossil fuel companies the President of the USA wants to put them out of business! HOW f....king stupid!
Here is a FACT for you regarding another reason gas prices have gone up nearly 40% under Biden.

"Drives me absolutely insane': Sticker shock at the pump as gas prices up over 50% since Biden took office​

So why would any President make dumb ass comments and make dumb ass executive orders to cause issues like this:
Financial support for fossil fuel projects has waned for both environmental and financial reasons. The return on investment of carbon-intensive fuels is no longer the guarantee it once was.

So while you fantasize about ridding fossil fuels, you are directly paying 50% more due to Biden!

Forum List

Back