Biden and supporters believed this 42 years ago... and more so today!

Miami, Florida is only 6.562 feet above sea level
However, sea level rise has accelerated drastically along the U.S. Southeast and Gulf coasts since 2010 and is now more than 10 mm/year (3.9 inches/decade) — about triple the global rate.
So let's do the math...3.9 inches per 10 years or .39 inches per year.
Miami is 78.744 inches above sea level. So divide 78.744 inches by .39 inches sea level growth per year or 201 years before Miami is below sea level. So say the scientists are over 50% wrong but sea level growth is at 1 inch per year for the next 78 years until Miami is under water.
Your calculations are dishonest. Can you tell us why? I'll start you off:

1. Sea level rise is increasing each year.

Your calculations are dishonest. Can you tell us why? I'll start you off:

1. Sea level rise is increasing each year.
Then you need to tell me how MUCH more than
However, sea level rise has accelerated drastically along the U.S. Southeast and Gulf coasts since 2010 and is now more than 10 mm/year (3.9 inches/decade) — about triple the global rate.
Relying on nearly a 30-year record of satellite measurements, scientists have measured the rate of sea-level rise at 0.13 inches (3.4 millimeters) per year.

So let's do the math together..
The sea level has risen at a 30 year rate of 0.13 inches per year.
Miami, Florida is only 6.562 feet above sea level.
6.562 feet above sea level divided by annual increase of 0.13 inches per year would be then
50.47 years...

Then you need to tell me how MUCH more than
Relying on nearly a 30-year record of satellite measurements, scientists have measured the rate of sea-level rise at 0.13 inches (3.4 millimeters) per year.

So let's do the math together..
The sea level has risen at a 30 year rate of 0.13 inches per year.
Miami, Florida is only 6.562 feet above sea level.
6.562 feet above sea level divided by annual increase of 0.13 inches per year would be then
50.47 years...
I've started you out but you are still lying and exaggerating.
Can you tell us of how you're lying and exaggerating other on-topic issues?
Allow me to help you again:

2. The title of your thread is dishonest spamming.

So let's do the math...3.9 inches per 10 years or .39 inches per year.
Miami is 78.744 inches above sea level. So divide 78.744 inches by .39 inches sea level growth per year or 201 years before Miami is below sea level. So say the scientists are over 50% wrong but sea level growth is at 1 inch per year for the next 78 years until Miami is under water.
No wonder why when I land in Miami a get a nose bleed from that high altitude.

I lived in Tampa fl for over 25 years and every year we were getting warnings about "rising tides".
I never saw any!
The sea is rising about one inch every decade, and heavy rainstorms are becoming more se- vere. In the coming decades, rising temperatures are likely to increase storm damages, harm coral reefs, increase the frequency of unpleasantly hot days, and reduce the risk of freezing to Florida’s agriculture.

both Florida and Louisiana have an average elevation of just 100 feet above sea level.

Sea levels are rising globally as a result of ocean warming and land-based ice melt;

So if the sea level rises 1 inch ever 10 years... and the average elevation of Florida is 100 feet above
sea level, to cover 100 feet will require 1200 inches in 100 feet or over 1,000 years. Hmmm.
View attachment 952383
How much is the ocean rising versus the land sinking ??? ;)

I've started you out but you are still lying and exaggerating.
Can you tell us of how you're lying and exaggerating other on-topic issues?
Allow me to help you again:

2. The title of your thread is dishonest spamming.
What in the title was dishonest?
"Biden and supporters believed this 42 years ago... and more so today!
Biden likes to say he was among the first to introduce a climate change bill in the Senate
So where is that dishonest?
Also explain to me how a number provided by these scientists can be wrong according to you?
How many inches in 6.562 feet? 79 inches.
How many inches per year is 3.9 inches divided by 10 (decade)? Answer: .39 inches
So divide 79 inches (6.562 feet above sea level..Miami) by .39 inches per year is how many years?
79/.39 equals 203 years. So correct me if my math is wrong... So the figure of .39 / year is way off by the scientists and it is 1 inch per year and there is 79 inches in 6.562 feet above sea level..
that would be 79 years... Right. .50 inches per year divided into 79 inches would be 158 years.
So .39 inches in 1 year divided into 79 inches would be ??? 203 years! So where is there a problem?

What in the title was dishonest?
Your politics motivated ideas are dishonest. Start a thread in which we can have an honest discussion. And you might want to ask the moderators to police it?

3. AGW and climate change is real.

This one and others like it, I'm outta here.

How much is the ocean rising versus the land sinking ??? ;)
Geez what simple Internet search!
To the right is a picture of the San Joaquin Valley southwest of Mendota in the agricultural area of California. Years and years of pumping groundwater for irrigation has caused the land to drop. The top sign shows where the land surface was back in 1925! Compare that to where Dr. Poland is standing (1977).

Here in the United States, one place that has experienced substantial land subsidence is California. You can read all about it on the USGS California Water Science Center and Texas Water Science Center websites.

landsinking052724.png

Your politics motivated ideas are dishonest. Start a thread in which we can have an honest discussion. And you might want to ask the moderators to police it?

3. AGW and climate change is real.

This one and others like it, I'm outta here.
Oh I've never argued climate change isn't real!
Concentrations of CO 2 in the atmosphere were as high as 4,000 ppm during the Cambrian period about 500 million years ago, and as low as 180 ppm during the Quaternary glaciation of the last two million years.
VERSUS all the excitement that a raise of 1.5° in Earth's temperature will be disastrous and totally caused by "fossil fuels" which this idiot President Guarantees to destroy...
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

But when dummies like you who obviously can't use the Internet to substantiate your personal and total erroneous comments I just totally laugh at your ignorance!

I'm all in favor of intelligent dialogue that is comprised of substantiation...(you obviously don't know what the word means... and I bet you chant "From river to sea, Palestine must be free")!
So prove to me where my title was deceiving? Prove to me that 400 CO2 PPM are dangerous to the environment when 500 million years ago the CO2 PPM were 10 times what they are now!

Give me facts... not your guesses!

Oh I've never argued climate change isn't real!
Concentrations of CO 2 in the atmosphere were as high as 4,000 ppm during the Cambrian period about 500 million years ago, and as low as 180 ppm during the Quaternary glaciation of the last two million years.
VERSUS all the excitement that a raise of 1.5° in Earth's temperature will be disastrous and totally caused by "fossil fuels" which this idiot President Guarantees to destroy...
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

But when dummies like you who obviously can't use the Internet to substantiate your personal and total erroneous comments I just totally laugh at your ignorance!

I'm all in favor of intelligent dialogue that is comprised of substantiation...(you obviously don't know what the word means... and I bet you chant "From river to sea, Palestine must be free")!
So prove to me where my title was deceiving? Prove to me that CO2 emissions are dangerous to the environment when 500 million years ago the emissions were 10 times what they are now!

Give me facts... not your guesses!

Look at the rates at which temperatures are increasing to day versus the rates at which they changed before human industrialization.

Look at the rates at which temperatures are increasing to day versus the rates at which they changed before human industrialization.
Right. So where were the gasoline engines 500 million years ago to cause 10 times the amount of CO2 then today with all our fossil fuel systems? Please explain where that 4,000 ppm came from then?

but you haven't explained how
Where were the fossil fuel systems to cause CO2 emissions? Please tell me what civilizations did 500 million years ago to reduce CO2 to it's current level of 400 ppm.

but you haven't explained how Concentrations of CO 2 in the atmosphere were as high as 4,000 ppm during the Cambrian period about 500 million years ago, and as low as 180 ppm during the Quaternary glaciation of the last two million years.
They achieved those ranges via several methods: thermal forcing from Milankovitch changes, volcanism, the introduction of oxygen to the Earth's atmosphere, changes in ocean circulation, etc, etc, etc. Now, what relevance do you believe that has to the current situation?
Where were the fossil fuel systems to cause CO2 emissions? Please tell me what civilizations did 500 million years ago to reduce CO2 to it's current level of 400 ppm.
CO2 is soluble in water and is absorbed by the oceans. It gets sequestered in the Earth via zooplanktonic sedimentation and tectonic subduction. What do you think all that limestone came from? Where do you think all that oil we've been burning came from?

You don't know a great deal about this topic, do you.

Rate of change has nothing to do with capacity to retain "heat".
That's an expression of volume/quantity. :rolleyes:
The rate of change is critical. If the change we're undergoing took millennia vice centuries or even decades, no one would have paid it any attention. It takes time to adapt. If you don't have the time, you can't and you suffer, fail or die.

The rate of change is critical. If the change we're undergoing took millennia vice centuries or even decades, no one would have paid it any attention. It takes time to adapt. If you don't have the time, you can't and you suffer, fail or die.
More of your pseudo-science babble.
Amount of CO2 versus everything else in atmosphere is the substance of the phony ACC/AGW scam. The hucksters are claiming it's the change from 280ppm to 400+ ppm that is retaining the extra heat. That claim is unproven, same as you looney rate of change claim.

Florida becoming completely submerged could take a few centuries, but it becoming uninhabitable is faster. It's on porous limestone. The saltwater is seeping through the ground and salinating the groundwater, making it undrinkable. Wealthy waterfront owners are moving to higher ground within the state, but that is only a delay before leaving.

Forum List

Back