Have you noticed?

You're premise is this:
2A bad because slavers used firearms to continue to enslave slaves.
2A hasn't stopped the Tyranny of Slavery.

Slavery and guns existed long before the revolution, the constitution and the 2A. The 2A is not the causation of illmoral humans and their use of Guns. The expectation that the 2A should have stopped slavery is not a logical conclusion. I could also argue, that many men died to end slavery, using, not only military supplied arms, but I"m sure personal arms were used against southern slavers as well.

The 2A's primary intent is to allow the citizens to keep the gov't in check and prevent Tyranny. In the case of tyranny, we have the capacity to oust that tyranny. I have nothing more to say. IMO, your making illogical inferences and arguments. I can't convince, nor will I. I'm done waisting mental energy on you
His premise is the United States is evil from the beginning and should not exist.

Throwing the baby out with the bath water is a specific fallacy, namely the false analogy fallacy. In that analogy the baby is something to be protected. I'm challenging that very notion. The second amendment should be done away with because it's bad law and its rationale doesn't stand to scrutiny. It's bad law because it's original purpose was to arm gangs of white men so they could put down the attempts of their slaves to resist their subjugation. This also reveals how shoddy the rationale is. Rather than protecting against tyranny for much of this country's existence it has instead helped enforce tyranny and black Americans didn't eventually win their fight against tyranny with violent arms, they did so through peaceful dignity and allowing the indecency of white society to be laid bare and shame them into being better. Changing hearts and minds ends tyranny. Violence just perpetuates it.
Today we still need armed white men to put down black criminals. We still need private citizens defending themselves against black savages.

His premise is the United States is evil from the beginning and should not exist.
I don't believe in evil or your silly voodoo. I don't have any problem with societies existing. The question is about what it should look like. It's not great when you start off with this weak strawman.
Today we still need armed white men to put down black criminals. We still need private citizens defending themselves against black savages.
Case and point. :laugh:

Forum List

Back