Anyone watching the Olympics yet?

Boxing
Big controversy

As a father of two daughters it soured me on the Olympics

It was not really that big of a controversy as was made out to be.

The two people in question are not transgender people that went from being men to being women.

Both were born women with a vagina. Both were raised as women and both fought as women in the past.

Whether they should be allowed to do so or not is not a cut and dry and the trans stuff we have going on here in the US.

Also, it seems a tad silly to let something happening in one sport "sour" you on the other 30 plus sports.

But hey, that is just me.

The two people in question are not transgender people that went from being men to being women.

Both were born women with a vagina. Both were raised as women and both fought as women in the past.

Whether they should be allowed to do so or not is not a cut and dry and the trans stuff we have going on here in the US.

Also, it seems a tad silly to let something happening in one sport "sour" you on the other 30 plus sports.

It’s not cycling. It’s women getting punched in the face by men from countries who labeled them as women.

I am only speaking for me. Soured me on the entire experience.

It’s not cycling. It’s women getting punched in the face by men from countries who labeled them as women.

I am only speaking for me. Soured me on the entire experience.

How much of it did you watch before you got soured?

Horses are out of the Pentathlon for next Olympics. I understand that horses are no longer a part of the military as they once were but still sad to see it happen. Equestrian events are beautiful to watch.

The thing I was most surprised about the was the archery I watched. I know they must have some training areas out in the back somewhere but the competitors I saw just walked out there, were announced and started cranking out hit after hit. The coverage showed the competitors coming out and the judge. And you couldn’t see the targets. I kept wondering where they were. They were 70 meters away.

The thing I was most surprised about the was the archery I watched. I know they must have some training areas out in the back somewhere but the competitors I saw just walked out there, were announced and started cranking out hit after hit. The coverage showed the competitors coming out and the judge. And you couldn’t see the targets. I kept wondering where they were. They were 70 meters away.

Yeah. when they showed the arc of the arrow I became a lot more impressed by the event!

First games were on last night, men's soccer and rugby.
Not sure if you’re into podcasting but I’m listening to a podcast called 99% invisible. They are talking about the events of the past that are no longer in the Olympics.

Obstacle Swimming (they moored boats in the river where it was held). Competitors had to swim under some boats, mount other boats and dive off, swim around other boats, etc.... Sort of like the Steeplechase in swimming.

Tug of War. Apprarently the City of Liverpool’s fire fighters had a team that was incredible

While I watched and the US wins by one which will have people gushing over how great a game it was the females basketball game was one of the sloppiest games I've ever watched.

Air balls, sloppy passes, missed lay ups, it wasn't a great game to watch.

While I watched and the US wins by one which will have people gushing over how great a game it was the females basketball game was one of the sloppiest games I've ever watched.

Air balls, sloppy passes, missed lay ups, it wasn't a great game to watch.
Yeah. Lame. Kind of epitomized the NBA. Lazy and sloppy, and whoops, only 5 minutes left, time to play good, guys...

This is the one part of the Olympics I do not care for, watching the pros in it. I can see them all the time.
I sort of wish there was a "George Washington" rule for the Olympics. Unless its in your home nation, you should only get to compete in 2 of them in the same sport. If the games are held in your home nation after your second competition, you can be on a team. Professional vs. Non Professional doesn't bother me so much. The same players over and over...that should change.

Forum List

Back